Bullshit News

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 05:33 PM

93redcbr is an unknown quantity at this point
Bullshit News

There's a new hazard on the highway that is alarming police departments and motorists around the country... brazen motorcyclists who put many at risk by performing high speed stunts on public roads. And as Inside Edition reports, this dangerous activity is fueled by the profits some of these bikers make by selling videos of their stunts.
inside edition.com
Old 11-11-2004, 05:59 PM

Gsxr1000kid666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bullshit News

yeah i heard the same thing here in phoenix on the radio yesterday morning i was like WTF?! how lame is that
Old 11-11-2004, 06:12 PM

There really ****in us up with this ****.Even if someone makes us wreck,it's going to be our fault or what?I f someone runs us off the road,are they liable for that?FTP That's what I say.And **** these other ******* drivers on the street.I guess now everyone is going to get watched or pulled over for the hell of it right.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:23 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I went to insideedition.com but there's only a summary--anybody got a link to the full story??
Old 11-11-2004, 06:30 PM

spike_x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 93redcbr
There really ****in us up with this ****.Even if someone makes us wreck,it's going to be our fault or what?I f someone runs us off the road,are they liable for that?FTP That's what I say.And **** these other ******* drivers on the street.I guess now everyone is going to get watched or pulled over for the hell of it right.
its always been that way, why are you pretending like this is somthing new? a good example would be the whole streetfighterz fiasco a couple months ago. they didnt cause that 16 year old kid to wreck, but they sure as hell took a lot of heat about it.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:25 PM

XTJesse is an unknown quantity at this point

i just watched the story, its def. gonna screw everyone over
awesome footage tho
Old 11-11-2004, 07:28 PM

I say,you got a liscense,pull over..If you don't,run and drive it like you stole it..lol just my theory
Old 11-11-2004, 07:33 PM

dsgixxer011000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 93redcbr
I say,you got a liscense,pull over..If you don't,run and drive it like you stole it..lol just my theory
Dude, i,ve pull over a few times before and everytime i've pulled over I have gotten a ticket.....And i do have a lic..... FTP!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:53 PM

armani1515 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just saw the same **** on extra, hey i know when i rippen down the hiway on one wheel i use my blinker when i switch lanes, i dont see what the fuss is all about he

i was funny to see people all stressed out over us and that f'n cop saying that we all push buttons and test them when we r on bike who the f@#% does he think he is, we do it to all known cops in every country town and city , so get it right , ( i dont know just talking out my *** now its time to bring it and bring it hard)
Old 11-11-2004, 08:06 PM

..jk.. is an unknown quantity at this point

F_ck Inside Addition......................................... News DRAMA blows
Old 11-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

it's **** stunters week on tv, fox has been pulling this **** all over the east coast.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:35 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

crotchcandy is an unknown quantity at this point

wahh wahh, complaining on a stunting board will change everything, organize and fight back or shut the **** up
Old 11-11-2004, 09:58 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crotchcandy
wahh wahh, complaining on a stunting board will change everything, organize and fight back or shut the **** up
hell yea....blow up every news station across the country :YEAH
Old 11-11-2004, 10:07 PM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

right now were gonna try and put together a ralley kinda thing...
100+ bikes, we wanna roll up to the local cbs aff.
give them our 2 cents :YEAH
Old 11-11-2004, 10:27 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I really dont understand how we are endagering anyone, maybe its distracting? but so is a cell phone, and eating, **** i see people READING and driving.

If anything we are puttin ourselves at more of a risk then anything. Just getting on a bike risk's our lives but they dont talk about all the people that nearly kill us every day.
Some girl about changed lanes into me just 2 nights ago, i sware she was less then a foot away from my bike at the time she swerved back. then about an half hour later some other girl did almost the same thing but not as close. this is BS i tell you
Old 11-11-2004, 10:53 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, how CAN we fight back?
Basically if the highway is pretty much straight, and there aren't many people, if any, on the road and we are pretty much sticking within 10 mph of the speed limit I don't see why they should be angry.
I can see doing stuff in heavy traffic and cutting people off and stuff, I'd be pissed to if I had to slam on the brakes to avoid someone on a bike cutting me off, and in situations where you're endangering someone else I think you'd deserve to get a ticket. But if the only person who is in harms way is the rider than why not allow it?

Like many things, I think this requires discretion. There are times when it's fine and there are times when it's completely stupid, like rush hour traffic.
Just like pulling a U-y or a three point turn, you need to make sure that the situation allows for it, if there is incoming traffic and cars right around you that you would endanger be turning around in the middle of the street, then no, you don't turn around. But if there is no-one coming at you from in front or from behind you then this is a perfectly legal manuver.
I think that the same should aply to wheelies and stunting, if discretion is used then there shouldn't be a ticket. Like turning around, a cop can ticket you for violating other people right of way and such if he sees you cut someone off while pulling a three-pointer, but if there is no-one coming and you do it right in front of him he won't have a problem with it.

Now the reason that this will never work is because the government relies to heavily on the revenue from traffic tickets. Some towns bring in amazing amounts of cash yearly just from giving out insane numbers of tickets, like some of you may know, Plymton Mass, (don't go 2 mph over the limit) it's a really small town that brings in a rediculous percentage of it's yearly budget through their 3 police cruisers, I know many people who've gotten tickets for going 35 in a 30.
If you take away such strict limitations and these big fines for relatively insignificant offences, towns and cities are going to lose a lot of money that they have come to depend on.

That's why this country has some of the lowest and strictest speed limits in the world.
You look at countrys like Germany that barely have speed limits, on most highways the don't care how fast you're going, you can be doing 180 and as long as you're not endangering anyone you're all set. What they give tickets out for is reckless driving, like to those idiot talegaters and people cutting lanes or not using blinkers. They recognize that speed is not usually the factor in highway crashes, it's people being irrisponsible that kills people.

I'm sure that many cops around the US also recognize this fact, but the town rely on the money from these tickets and so they're not going to slacken the laws.
If they slacken the laws on going fast then they're not going get nearly the revenue that they're used to, which means they'd have to get rid of all kinds of stupid programs that the government is involved in that they're not supposed to be (think wellfare and social security)

I believe it all comes down to money. You look at European contries and look at how much they bring in from traffic violations, not much. They use fines how they're supposed to be used, as a punishment for wrongful behavior. In the good ol' US of A we've made the change from "punishment" to "money maker," which is entirely unconstitutional, but alas, what can we do against such a huge government?

And please disagree with me if you feel that something I said was wrong, I'd love to see what everyone else thinks on this topic.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:54 PM

poppawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's awesome....
any pub is good pub right? I mean who cares, stunting woud never be in the public eye if it weren't for people bashing it. Be happy someone's paying attention.
Just gangstaz anyway, why hide from it....
Old 11-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Regular StuntLifer

longrider is an unknown quantity at this point

While Inside Edition is the first national show to have a story like this, local stations have been doing it for a while. Here is a link from a local station that is going around right now. Last year we had a Denver station do the exact same story, and I have seen a bunch of others. Unfortunately as long as we continue to take it to the streets this will continue to happen. I agree with the previous post that if you do it i the right place (no traffic) it should be OK, however the law will never see it that way.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:34 PM

ruffrider314 is an unknown quantity at this point

they just did a special about the streetfighterz on the local news here saying how they make so much from perfoming illegal activies. but i was great footage i must say. lol
Old 11-11-2004, 11:37 PM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

That story was aired here tonight too,showed Pauly and them talking to him,Underground Riders doing circle burnouts behind the cops in Jersey...Cops in Florida arresting riders. It was definately negative publicity in which they showed one side of the story and made stunters look like some wreckless nobodys just out causing havic on the streets and some making profit off the videos they sell. It even showed the incident with the people in ST Louis getting run off the highway and eaving a mother paralized. Maybe teams or individuals should contact thier local news stations and try getting a more positive light shown on this matter, I know we have been talking with our local station (Fox 8) and they are willing to come to our spot and do a segment. Features like tonights Inside Edition are total and will send this "sport" no where, fast!

Quick Reply: Bullshit News