Old 11-11-2004, 11:38 PM

BlueR1der is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bullshit News

BLAH BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT
FK Local News ****
Old 11-11-2004, 11:43 PM

onsighter514d is an unknown quantity at this point

***** f***** up. bikers r killed all the time by ignorant drivers. do they do a story to help us out, NO. Thats America. Great thread GOT2JOSH!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:43 AM

POPEYE is an unknown quantity at this point

That was me on the yellow 900rr that stoppied over on my head. i wonder how they got that clip? maybe the bought a copy of the vid. lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1106trying_180.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	108398  
Old 11-12-2004, 02:06 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

crotchcandy is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont care how you fight back, you only fuel the fire by fighting or getting enraged or upset, just live your fukking life

i know ill never stop riding, thats it, i dont give a **** who says what, case closed, you all can get infinitely pissed about it, its not worth it to me

ill ride till i die
Old 11-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Likes to poop

Mr. Negative is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merk
hell yea....blow up every news station across the country :YEAH
Car bomb?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:43 AM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all

for those who wanna see the clip..
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...t=99679&page=1

and if u wanna bitch, heres inside editions email iemail@kingworld.com
Old 11-12-2004, 08:20 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

I bitched...some extra time left at work, so I sent 'em this....

"Thank you for your incredibly biased, full of inaccuracies report. It was quite amusing.

However, I, along with many other sport bike riders, do not appreciate your negative publicity. Sure, there are some people that do stupid things, and not all of it on a sport bike. I, along with many of those other riders, am a responsible person that tries very hard every time I ride to avoid being killed by the drivers that are eating, talking on cell phones, fiddling with the radio, and even reading.

If memory serves, cars and their irresponsible drivers kill more motorcyclists every year. It keeps increasing. In fact, the #1 cause of motorcycle accidents involving cars is...a car turning left in front of the motorcycle.

So, when are you going to do a report on people and their horrible driving? Or a report on elderly drivers? You must be aware of all the elderly people smashing their land-boat sized Caddy's through stores, farmers markets, and generally anywhere else that there are people around. So when do we get a full coverage, in-depth report on that?

Probably never. Unfortunately, there are people that always blame the motorcyclist. In the several motorcycle crashes I've been around to witness, the police always, ALWAYS, try to blame the rider. They measure his brake marks...take his B.A.C. level, test for drugs, whatever. The stereotype we have as sport bike riders is a bad one. We are constantly harassed by the police, for nothing. I've been followed so closely by a Mesa Police officer that I couldn't see his headlights. He followed me in this manner for over 10 minutes, roughly 3 miles. For what? Just to harass me? To hit me if I had fallen or hit my brakes quickly? It was unnecessary. However, we deal with this abuse because we love what we do.

Unfortunately for us, mainstream media puts out ridiculous movies such as "Biker Boyz," and "Torque." Both are highly regarded by sport bike riders as ridiculous, Hollywood-esque flights of fancy. And more unfortunate, we have television shows such as yours that jump on the bandwagon and abuse our public image because some of us like to go fast, or ride a wheelie. When you can show ANY statistical proof that a motorcyclist doing stunts has caused even one-fortieth of the amount of damage, personal harm, or even distraction that the types of drivers I've listed above cause each year, then you would be justified in this report on the sport bike community. Until then, you are simply helping the ignorant remain so, and the informed stay angry.

Thank you for your time."
Old 11-12-2004, 08:29 AM

Gsxr1000kid666 is an unknown quantity at this point

ur good at being pissed off and polite at the same time
Old 11-12-2004, 09:00 AM

armani1515 is an unknown quantity at this point

Should Just Do A Caniinball Run Across America With As Many Bike As We Can Get And Get On The Way, Do All Out Wheelie From Coast To Coast Or We Can Cry And Wine About It Until The Next Time Its Tv
Old 11-12-2004, 10:32 AM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

In My Town Stunnin Is Legal
Old 11-12-2004, 11:18 AM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Fellas, I'm going to weigh in on this matter, 'cause I as well as most of us on here can relate. I was hit by a DPS officer here in Texas on Nov. 1st 2003 and I was the bad guy. No I was not speeding, and no speeding ticket was issued, I was riding a wheelie on the Highway at about 60 mph. (speed limit 65). The people behind me in the pick-up truck filming were about 1 to 1 1/2 car lengths behind me. It was early in the am about 0900hrs and rush hour was long over for this area. People passed me giving me the thumbs up and everything. This officer,as it was proven in court, misjudged my speed and upon clearing my friends truck just whipped in and got behind me. Well in the course of him making the manuever to get behind me he clipped my 12 bar with his front bumper guard. That sent my *** and my bike off the road and into the ditch. My leg hit something in the ditch, 'cause I got cut real bad on my left leg and the bike never came in contact with me. Before I could finish rolling and sliding on the ground there were about 4 more surrounding the pick-up. They had guns drawn on my friends as if they were terrorists or something!!!!! Not to get off topic it just so happens that the C B S affiliate down here had a truck about a mile or so behind all of this and when they rolled up they captured the aftermath of what the officer did.
Me laying on the ground with my thigh layed wide the f*** open and I'm in handcuffs and so are my friends. Btw they are all chicks and these big men had guns drawn on them!!! They reported that I was "fleeing the officers and that my friends were aiding and abedding" me. Do you people know why pedestrians have the right of way? Vulnerability. So wouldn't a person on a motorcycle, no matter what capacity, be just as vulnerable to a car or a big rig? When you vent and right letters to the tv stations they don't want to hear it, because the things you describe..i.e. reading, cell phone, etc., you describe them and they can't look in the mirror and face reality. They don't care, because stuntin' on public roads gives them the reason to point the finger at someone else.....Just be careful.......They truly don't care....Later
:YEAH
Old 11-12-2004, 01:13 PM
cr6

cr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's f()cked up..... Did you try and sue ?????
Old 11-12-2004, 02:54 PM

spike_x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

~Mandy~
It was definately negative publicity in which they showed one side of the story and made stunters look like some wreckless nobodys just out causing havic on the streets and some making profit off the videos they sell.
That actually hits the nail on the head. None of us are "anybody" and we do drive like wreckless ********. Everytime someone nails a wheelie on the highway its breaking the law, thus causing havoc. On top of that, some of the people here do sell the vidoes for profit. Now not everyone does, but enough to be able to make that kind of statement.
Features like tonights Inside Edition are total and will send this "sport" no where, fast!
Wether or not Inside Edition is BS I can't say, but this so called "sport" isn't going anywhere anyway because of the issues in your first quote.

armani1515
Should Just Do A Caniinball Run Across America With As Many Bike As We Can Get And Get On The Way, Do All Out Wheelie From Coast To Coast Or We Can Cry And Wine About It Until The Next Time Its Tv
Excellent Idea! Might as well have some fun right?

robert929lewis
This officer,as it was proven in court, misjudged my speed and upon clearing my friends truck just whipped in and got behind me. Well in the course of him making the manuever to get behind me he clipped my 12 bar with his front bumper guard.
Sounds like you weren't the only one who was driving like an *******.
They reported that I was "fleeing the officers and that my friends were aiding and abedding" me.
Cops lie. but we already knew that, its too bad they screwed you over. So there were enough cruisers to knock you out, as well as surround your friends truck? 4 right? How long did you ride that wheelie for, and how long do you think they were back there? I'm not saying that it was right to hit you, but their story does sound, at least partially, valid.
When you vent and write letters to the tv stations they don't want to hear it, because the things you describe..i.e. reading, cell phone, etc., you describe them and they can't look in the mirror and face reality. They don't care, because stuntin' on public roads gives them the reason to point the finger at someone else.....Just be careful.......They truly don't care....Later
exactly, it isn't going to do anyone any good to get all angry and bitch/complain. no one gives two ***** about any of us and the more you guys bother the tv stations, the more they are going to show these kinds of things. the media is going to twist it to make a STORY out of it, the truth doesnt matter one bit.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:50 PM

Steve02 is an unknown quantity at this point

is there a way to view the whole story...?
Old 11-12-2004, 04:50 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

Originally Posted by 93redcbr
I say,you got a liscense,pull over..If you don't,run and drive it like you stole it..lol just my theory

blue lights = go faster
Old 11-12-2004, 05:39 PM

RSBN is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't even know where to start with all this...

Let me introduce myself... I am Michael Thompson President/CEO of the world's largest 24/7 Motorsports broadcast network, RSBN.net. I ride and stunt. I understand what you all are saying and I agree that the police bait us as much, if not more, than we bait them.

It is true that "mainstream media" will slant a story to suit their needs. There is nothing new about that. The fact that they attacked motorcycle riders, is something new. Or is it? Motorcycle riders have been under the gun since motorcycles first hit the streets. Media was no small part of the reason most states have helmet laws. They reported on how the poor motorists were mortified by the sight of motorcycle accidents where the riders were not wearing helmets. No statistics need here, just a picture or two and your state senate was hard at work creating a helmet law. Afterall we must save ourselves from ourselves. We surely don't know how to make decissions for ourselves. That's what we have government for and the "mainstream media" plays a large part in keeping your government focused on what "mainstream media" believes is the problem.

Is any of this right? NO! But you don't change things by sitting back and bitching. You need to get out and start fighting the laws that inhibit your freedoms. If you are a registered voter, find out how you go about getting a referrendum on the ballot, talk with people that share your views and word it so it will stand up in court. In short get it on the ballot and talk with anyone and everyone about why they should vote for it. Then let the people decide. The system can work for you, if you know how to make it work.

That being said... At RSBN.net we are looking at broadcasting motorcycle stunting. If intend on showing it in a positive light. If any of you want to help with ideas, video and/or just want to support this, PM me.

Thank you for your time...

Michael
Old 11-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Regular StuntLifer

jengtz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ~Mandy~
Maybe teams or individuals should contact thier local news stations and try getting a more positive light shown on this matter, I know we have been talking with our local station (Fox 8) and they are willing to come to our spot and do a segment. Features like tonights Inside Edition are total and will send this "sport" no where, fast!
See the only problem with that is.... 'safe' stunting doesn't get ratings. The StreetFighterz have done a number of interviews with local news stations and no matter what, they always turn it around and make them look horrible. Hell the news station here just did another story on them last night and they are still trying to blame the 'incident' in St. Louis on them even though they were no where near the area. A story showing the 'serious' side of this sport is not news worthy to them.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by cr6
That's f()cked up..... Did you try and sue ?????
Yes sir, I sued, I got all of those damned felonies dismissed all medical bills as well as a little pain and suffering. Lost wages, well they only gave me what workers comp would give me plus 25%. My legal fees were paid and the money we received has allowed me to lay up for the last 10 months gettin' my health back.....I paid off my house, finally...bought a new pick-up truck, and paid part of my student loan off....I got my daughter a gang load of new clothes etc., and had it not been for that damned engine cage I probably could've gotten a new bike, but it wasn't totalled.......Who am I kidding, I'm glad I got that cage, because my wife wouldn't let me take another brand new bike and trash it like it did this one and the one before it..
:YEAH
Old 11-12-2004, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by RSBN
I don't even know where to start with all this...

Let me introduce myself... I am Michael Thompson President/CEO of the world's largest 24/7 Motorsports broadcast network, RSBN.net. I ride and stunt. I understand what you all are saying and I agree that the police bait us as much, if not more, than we bait them.

It is true that "mainstream media" will slant a story to suit their needs. There is nothing new about that. The fact that they attacked motorcycle riders, is something new. Or is it? Motorcycle riders have been under the gun since motorcycles first hit the streets. Media was no small part of the reason most states have helmet laws. They reported on how the poor motorists were mortified by the sight of motorcycle accidents where the riders were not wearing helmets. No statistics need here, just a picture or two and your state senate was hard at work creating a helmet law. Afterall we must save ourselves from ourselves. We surely don't know how to make decissions for ourselves. That's what we have government for and the "mainstream media" plays a large part in keeping your government focused on what "mainstream media" believes is the problem.

Is any of this right? NO! But you don't change things by sitting back and bitching. You need to get out and start fighting the laws that inhibit your freedoms. If you are a registered voter, find out how you go about getting a referrendum on the ballot, talk with people that share your views and word it so it will stand up in court. In short get it on the ballot and talk with anyone and everyone about why they should vote for it. Then let the people decide. The system can work for you, if you know how to make it work.

That being said... At RSBN.net we are looking at broadcasting motorcycle stunting. If intend on showing it in a positive light. If any of you want to help with ideas, video and/or just want to support this, PM me.

Thank you for your time...

Michael
I will definitely pm this man right here, but I have a problem with something that he said. They aren't just targeting motorcyclist, their targeting stunters. I have theory as to why, because cruisers some of them probably ride them or want to and can picture themselves "out on the open road, with the wind in their face just man and his machine". Stunters are looked at damned near like "terrorists, misfits,undesirables,hooligans" etc....Look at some of the names we give ourselves, because we've been programmed.. If a man has ridden a wheelie for the last 15 miles and he isn't even speeding, what law has he broken? I know, I'm not niave, nor am I stupid, but why can I or you or anyone pass the local ice house and see a gang load of "bikers" out consuming the preferred alcoholic beverage of choice, get on their bike and go do a poker run or something like that, and yet no cops and no media?...I or anyone on a sport bike get the notion to go cross town or down the road to see a friend or something and there are the cops. I don't know how bad it is anywhere else, but down here it's pathetic...I can guarantee you that there are more deaths and injuries due to dui or dwi than all of the wheelie related accidents.....The numbers don't lie and they won't report it........Hell, in the time it has taken me to type this about two-hundred accidents have occured due to stunting, and about two thousand wrecks have occured due to cars....Like I said earlier......They don't care about us..........Late........sorry this was so long. :YEAH
Old 11-12-2004, 06:26 PM

RSBN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robert929lewis
I will definitely pm this man right here, but I have a problem with something that he said. They aren't just targeting motorcyclist, their targeting stunters.

I or anyone on a sport bike get the notion to go cross town or down the road to see a friend or something and there are the cops. I don't know how bad it is anywhere else, but down here it's pathetic...

You just pointed out what I was saying. Wether you call it a motorcycle or a sport bike, it's the same thing. Yes they are after stunters, but they assume that all sport bike riders are stunters.

Quick Reply: Bullshit News