stuntn scooters

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 08:59 PM

coda5351 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking stuntn scooters

hey guys, im not talkn about a goped or the like, im talkn bout this
22cc scooter from checkers (will be asked for a zipcode)

thats right, a whole 22cc of scootn fury. im almost able to get a balance point wheelie going. record distance so far is 25 feet or so at a fast walk. its my first day tryn this out and i made good progress. best waste of 5 hours of my life EVER! i have scraped the fender a couple times then took it off. you have to have 1 psi or less for it to be stable on one wheel. covering the rear brake is a pain in the *** cause its on the left hand, feels forign and doesnt have the power to save you if your loopn but its enough to control the speed of the wheelie. you can KIND OF power it up if your far back enough but its easyer to bounce it up.

i have no other stunt experience, im waiting for parts for my yamaha i bought that was high sided (2002 r6 for $1500!!!) then i'll dabble abit with the r6. untill then its all about the 22cc scooter!

any one else doing this on any other small engine vehicle :YEAH

video to come when i can get a camera.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:03 AM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stuntn scooters

ya, I have a city rider 24cc, so much fun. It's what I had for the year preceding my 16th birthday when I got a bike. Awesome little thing.

First of all you want to make a little more room behind the air filter, it's capable of going faster but it just needs a little boost, drill out that little plastic hole going to the carbs just a little bit wider, it will make it dramatically better, and make sure the air filter stays clean and dry, for some reason mine kept getting gas in it, don't know why.

Anyways. Wheelies were both fun and a challenge, back brake sucks but you just adjust the lever so that it doesn't take much pull at all to lock up the wheel, makes it a little easier.
I would always just gas it and pull back on the handlebars while witting down and leaning back, and then get right on the back brake as it fell back to cusion it. I never looped just because the engine would hit first, but it's just brake control. I never got as far as circles though.
Oh, and it just takes some practice to get used to riding them with higher pressure, you don't want real low psi with these cause it's wicked easy to screw up the rim big time.

Man, makes me want to fix mine up again, I need one little 15 cent part and I'm golden and I can't find it anywhere...
Old 11-11-2004, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Got2josh
Man, makes me want to fix mine up again, I need one little 15 cent part and I'm golden and I can't find it anywhere...
i usualy take the box off and put a panyhose over the opening with a rubberband, it stops all the big stuff, there are no other restrictions other then the diameter of the carb opening.

the fuel you are getting is from some back flowing of the air, its a common 2 stroke trait, my heli does the same thing. i forgot what its called exactly.

im not worried about damaging the rim... i look forward to replacing **** lol. i have nothing else to do.

i am a machinist/welder/fabricator by trait, if you post a pic of the part with some dimensions i can probable make the part fairly quickly. last thing i made for a friend was a brake adaptor for a 02 Golf to accept the 911 brake disks and calipers. im workn on a front main stay for my 02 r6. last guy to ride high sided ... before i bought it for $1500. :YEAH pm me if your interested.... anyone
Old 11-11-2004, 01:56 PM

sweet man, sound slike you know what you're doing. By the way, the thing I need is wicked stupid. I'm not sure how your throttle connects to the carbs but on mine there's a little black thing that rotates when you give it gas, opening it up. My throttle is a lever on the handlebars so when you pull it in it moves a cable that goes down to that little black rotating thingamajig. The thing that I need is the stupid little part at the very end of the cable that keeps it from slipping back through the black piece.
It looks a lot like the thing you'd find on the end of a bicycle brake cable, like something that keeps wires from fraying. I got some of those but it's not the same, they just pop off after a few minutes.
Do you have any idea where I can get what I need?
Thanks bro.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Got2josh
The thing that I need is the stupid little part at the very end of the cable that keeps it from slipping back through the black piece.
It looks a lot like the thing you'd find on the end of a bicycle brake cable, like something that keeps wires from fraying. I got some of those but it's not the same, they just pop off after a few minutes.
Do you have any idea where I can get what I need?
Thanks bro.
sounds like you could get a short bike cable form a sports store. maybe something for a kids bike would be about right. any way you could get me pics? my scooter has a twist throttle with front and rear brakes on the handles.

i dont know exactly how your cable end on the engine side is but you might be able to drill a hole and mount one of these

and put the cable in the hole and titen it down. your local hobby shop will have them, just ask for the hardware section and look for em. they have different sizes from different manufactures, you should be able to find one big enough to fit the cable.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:36 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

crotchcandy is an unknown quantity at this point

scooters = gay
Old 11-11-2004, 09:38 PM

kingtuts can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by crotchcandy
scooters = gay
i agree scooters are gay.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:04 PM

well, you obviously haven't ridden one now have you?
It's like people saying 50's are gay.
you can actually ride these in the snow if you want, snow = a ton of fun. Last winter I would just ride around and shovel driveways, got around so much quicker on that than walking, and then to park you just go as fast as you can into a snowbank and jump off, fishtail around every corner, hold the front brake and throw snow into the faces of everyone else WALKING to shovel a driveway, the possibilies are unlimited.

And by the way king, in case you think I'm stupid for shoveling, last year you probably remember the first snow of the year, (I think we got 29 inches here) well, I shovelled from 7 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon, 11 hours, and made just over 600 bucks. Cause of the scooter I didn't have to walk from house to house, just ride in the middle of the street where it's plowed and fly.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:11 PM

Danimal is a decent person

Jesus thats alot of shoveling
Old 11-11-2004, 11:20 PM

it was worth it, got a new snowboard and boots, fitting way to spend the money I think.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:05 AM

scooters are better then sitting in your computer chair untill your bike is in one piece again.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:48 AM

no, you are wrong
a computer chair is not a bad version of a motorcycle, a scooter is

**** you mod
Old 11-12-2004, 12:59 PM

most scooters wheelie better then computer chairs, at least my computer chair won't.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:17 PM

and all motorcycles are 90 times cooler than scooters