Anyone stunt an fzr?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 03:42 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone stunt an fzr?

A friend of mine has a ducati and wants to learn to stunt but doesn't want to pay a ton when he breaks stuff. We found a 95' fzr 600 for sale for $750. Runs fine, has only tail plastics, has no title. Is it a decent bike to rip shiat up with? Is it possible to get a title for it? Friend wasn't plannin on insuring it or registering it but wants proof he owns it.

Jon
Old 11-23-2004, 07:49 PM

INTENSE_GEEEZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Anyone stunt an fzr?

I Gotta 98 Fzr 600 And I Stunt It. I Havnt Found N E 1 That Makes A 12 Bar Or N E Thing 4 It But It Wheelies And Does Stoppies Really Good.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:07 PM

Chapz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done endo's and wheelies with my FZR. Just pretty heavy when trying to pick it up off the ground. Should work fine for ur friend.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:13 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

I rocked one back in the day. 88 FZR 600 and it was fine for then and would be fine for a beginner. Once he starts to step things up, then he'll have to get another bike. But for $750, he can toss it after his first season.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:50 PM

BlueR1der is an unknown quantity at this point

man if people can 12 and coast on harleys anything is possible lol
Old 11-24-2004, 12:04 AM

vegas is an unknown quantity at this point

ive got a '92 fzr its a pile, runs fine while the front wheel is on the ground but as soon as i pick it up it bogs and slaps down, Ive checked the fuel pump and the float levels and they are all fine so the only other thing i think it could be is the ignition ? Oh well if he does get one i can send you pics of my bar and cage... they were both pretty easy to make, oh and if he does buy it send him to www.fzrarchives.com, its a message board for those pieces.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:21 AM

yeah the kid he was gonna buy it from is another friend of mine. We have been trying to get that piece to run right for the past 3weeks and can't figure it out. Has spark, carbs were cleaned, but it will still only run on 3 cyl...
Old 11-24-2004, 01:23 AM

did you change the plugs? If you are getting spark from all the cylinders, then it's fuel. Plug wires tend to go bad on them. The coils packs will send spark to 2 cylinders each, but if the wires are bad, only one of the 2 will fire hence the 3 cylinder problem. check the plug wires and give an me update.
Brendon....
PM me with any tech problems........ kinda shitty now, I've been drinkin
Old 11-24-2004, 02:04 AM

A wire was arching to the head so i replaced the wires and coil. Replaced all plugs. Touched the plug from cyl. #2 (one that isn't running) to the head and got good spark. It seems like it gets going at higher rpms. At idle the exhaust from #2 was cold but after mobing around a parking lot and letting the rpms get up it was warmer... but that might have just been heat sink. We went threw the carbs and cleaned them they were pretty dirty but we got em cleaned up. I'm thinking maybe the jet is plugged... its starting to **** me off.

Jon
Old 11-24-2004, 04:39 AM

vegas is an unknown quantity at this point

those god damn bikes will do it to ya, i got mine over the summer and got a bunch of **** (cage, bar, 10up, dirt bike bars...) and that ****er still wont run well while on the back tire. oh on that fizzer board there is a ignition upgrade if its still ****ing with ya.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:16 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by vegas
those god damn bikes will do it to ya, i got mine over the summer and got a bunch of **** (cage, bar, 10up, dirt bike bars...) and that ****er still wont run well while on the back tire. oh on that fizzer board there is a ignition upgrade if its still ****ing with ya.
i stunt a '90 fzr 600 and its really nice to learn sht on!! i changed the rear sprocket by 9 up and training on slower wheelies now. i welded my own 12bar on it wich is gonna work fine. even welding my own cage now cuz i dropped it scraping last month, fukt up the stator covers..
clutch is a biatch though!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:54 PM

INTENSE_GEEEZ is an unknown quantity at this point

i gotta 98 and i can power wheelies in 1st and bounce them in 2nd but cant clutch them. What do u rev it to in 2nd or 3rd?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by JonnyGSXR
A wire was arching to the head so i replaced the wires and coil. Replaced all plugs. Touched the plug from cyl. #2 (one that isn't running) to the head and got good spark. It seems like it gets going at higher rpms. At idle the exhaust from #2 was cold but after mobing around a parking lot and letting the rpms get up it was warmer... but that might have just been heat sink. We went threw the carbs and cleaned them they were pretty dirty but we got em cleaned up. I'm thinking maybe the jet is plugged... its starting to **** me off.

Jon
Try this. Take to air cleaner off and spray a little starting fluid in the #2 carb while it's idling and see if the idle chenges. If not, you have more serious problems than fuel or spark. Check compression. You're probably right about the heat sinking from othe cylinders. Unless you hear a big diffternce in engine tune when you idle up, the #2 cyl is probably just moving air.

If no fuel, then the carbs are in need of work, check the float level too, if the float level is too high, it will overfill the carb and the plug will foul out and be wet. If the float is stuck, then the carb won't even fill with fuel. tap the carb with a small hammer and this should drop the float, but the needle and seat will prabably need to be replaced.

Hope this helps
Brendon