World Stunt Championship - Round II (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 04:13 AM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: World Stunt Championship - Round II (UK)

Originally Posted by Darius
YO Ant that's bullshit they were hating cause the gear!! It probably felt like walking into a Ipswitch bar with a hat on backwards. Just get your *** back to the hood in one piece, D
EXACTLY D ---- same **** but this **** I took to heart
Old 11-07-2004, 08:06 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darius
YO Ant that's bullshit they were hating cause the gear!! It probably felt like walking into a Ipswitch bar with a hat on backwards. Just get your *** back to the hood in one piece, D
Originally Posted by Tony D

Hehe, good ol Ipswitch. First time I ever went there we walked into a dodgy pub in the main street. There was four people sitting at the bar looking like they'd never left the place and when we asked for a Crown Larger, the woman had to go downstairs for five minutes to find them.

Anyhow, nice goin with 8th spot Ant. Bummer about the attire but I'm sure you rocked it hard US style! Hoping I can be there for one of the big events somewhere next year.

Boxer
Old 11-07-2004, 08:10 AM

Veggie Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

in the main event I suffered a 35 point blow to my overall score after I conformed and used a jacket, I was also wearing jeans, a FULL face and gloves, I did not have on socks so that issue came up. nor did not have on any underware either but the panel of judges did not investigate that far
In fairness to the judges, four of whom have been friends for a long time and are all stunt fanatics who have no problems at all with what anyone wears, what anyone rides or letting rip on public roads, they did what the rules told them to irrespective of whether they personally agreed with them or not.

On that panel you had two O.G. stunters who made their names back at the beginning on the 90s - on public roads. The so-called head judge, however, is someone I've never seen and I thought I knew everyone in the UK stunt scene

It's a shame you were too tired Sunday night to come for a beer 'cos you'd have heard all of the other riders saying exactly the same thing about the organisors that have been said here

Oh, and only Pfeffier is factory backed as far as I know. The bike scene in Europe is totally different to in the States, where wearing one-piece race leathers is considered completely normal because MotoGP and WSB are two of the biggest sports over here. Critising them for wearing leathers is no different to being critisised for not wearing leathers. As for looking like billboards, all of those riders have worked incredibly hard to get sponsors, just like you and I'm sure other US riders have

As for 'At the end I was not the one trying to do their tricks,they were trying to do mine...' - are we talking about the same show!?! I know you're pissed about the whole event (if I'd known you were coming over before you'd actually left I could've warned you), but there's no need to make remarks about the other riders, who did absolutely nothing wrong, that simply aren't true

It was the "world" stuntriding championships so I expected open minded people to be in control.
Sadly not. The organisors have major reputations for being utter *******. For most of us there's only one World Championship and that's organised by Marek in the Czech Republic

Oh yeah, you should've said you were skint 'cos we'd have sorted you out - you only had to ask. Next time don't be so shy
Old 11-07-2004, 08:12 AM

Well don't. The rules are bollocks - and it looks like things are about to change big time for the World comp
Old 11-07-2004, 02:39 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

dave
are you sure you read my post and understood it in the context i delivered it in.
I did not bash any of the riders, i made a statement about them looking like billboards to emphasise the support they have compared to the way i showed up
believe me if I traveled on my continent with all of my own equipment my overall appearance would have looked way different.
I never said that i did not approve of the full leathere or anything like that either, i just have my style thats all and i did not pass judgement on anyones gear.
As far as the judges, i thought Dave Coats was really cool and I give him much respect I really cant remember all the names but it was the 1 bad apple who had the problem.

you didnt see little laugh and odair trying to do special ks and combos
I did and thought it was great, thats not a bad thing its a good thing.

Anyway, whatever, im over it, hopefully ill be able to get to the check republic for next year.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:08 PM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point

true and sounds simple, but picture this--- be at the WSRC by yourself ,where people think you come from a land of freaks, in a place where things are looked at differently and you are the only one who thinks you are normal and you are comfortable with the way you do things cause you have been doing it that way for years, when you have sacrificed everything just to get to this place you colud not afford to buy food, and then people pass judgement on you for the way you look and express yourself because they feel their way is the way it has to be and then they publicly make a spectacle out if you..
NO way
I have given up everything but Ill never give up my soul.
no way
If I had gear that I trained in and I was comfortable in,sure no problem--
but not at the last minute just to satisify people that were simply just trying to prove a point.

Whats really funny is alot of riders were wearing regular un padded motocross gear and or casual riding gear from the brands with clearly no protention
Ya, I understand now. Are you coming home? Come on back everything is still the same....We still have the same President.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:52 PM

dave
are you sure you read my post and understood it in the context i delivered it in.
Obviously not
Old 11-08-2004, 01:05 AM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

its all good--