Locals Only

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 02:33 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Locals Only

Originally Posted by snigg
too many haters in this thread. so they got the show, dont start bashin on em for it.
Nope. Wrong again, next contestant.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:50 AM

codebluezx9r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BunaRocket
I feel your frustration, sucks when the same stuff happens for sponsors.

We try to advertise and promote but don't really know how to go about doing it, that's our problem. I guess that's our fault to, got talent just no publicity
OK?......Me and Keith have sent out numerous promo packets,been on the phone with a dozen promoters......still nothing.We have tried but nobody is interested..so far. I think we have just gotten to the point were it seems like a waist of time to even try.So all we have to do is get in the mood to do it all over again and see what happens......thats all. We had the oportunity to get paid but the promoter either thought we charged too much or wanted us to do a freebee to see if we were worth it and we turned them down so.........are we supposed to swollow our pride and just keep doin free crap?
Old 10-31-2004, 09:58 AM
**** YOU

anarchist35 is an unknown quantity at this point

for one thing, i believe, the name of the thread is locals only. i really don't understand why the austin guys didn't get the show. i feel u're pain, goin to half-a$$ shows when you could kill the comp. well, i don't have custom paint....so i feel like i don't have that ima pimp image goin. so i get a bad rap. but if they bwatch the riding will speak for itself. and by the way i don't support squids, and if the fans like crashing and 100mph wheelies, maybe they need to upgrade their brain and see the control you have to develop instead of some dude closing his eyes and twisting the throttle outta control. but props to all, you gotta start somewhere, just don't ball up that ego and put on a show, especially when you know there are guys that can kill you (skill-wise) in your town . my
Old 10-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by codebluezx9r
OK?......Me and Keith have sent out numerous promo packets,been on the phone with a dozen promoters......still nothing.We have tried but nobody is interested..so far. I think we have just gotten to the point were it seems like a waist of time to even try.So all we have to do is get in the mood to do it all over again and see what happens......thats all. We had the oportunity to get paid but the promoter either thought we charged too much or wanted us to do a freebee to see if we were worth it and we turned them down so.........are we supposed to swollow our pride and just keep doin free crap?
Move outta the sticks fellas... thats your problem.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:11 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by codebluezx9r

No comment
Old 10-31-2004, 08:20 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

I called those people a few weeks ago trying to get us a gig there but they said that somebody had been booked.

I don't live in Austin, but i drive up there so many damn times to ride with my boys Ryan and Brad. If feels like I got jipped as well.

The 3 of us together make a solid team and one hell of a performance.

BRad, Ryan, we seriously need to get some demo vid together so something like this doesn't happen again.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:56 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

yall should just move down hurr to houston...i can never find people to just stunt...i dont have a big bike or nething...yet. but im workin on it. anyways, basicaly its who u know nowadays that gets u anywhere.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:31 AM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snigg
too many haters in this thread. so they got the show, dont start bashin on em for it.
RE-READ MY POST YOU F#CKIN CHUMP STAIN. I GAVE THEM THEIR CREDIT, ITS MOSTLY THE PROMOTION THAT PISSES ME OFF. IM CALLING IT EXACTLY LIKE IT IS, NO HATING INVOLVED. ONCE AGAIN: PROPS TO CREWS GETTING SHOWS AND MAKING MONEY BUT THE SKILL LEVEL THEY HAVE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE LOCALS. UNDERSTOOD?
Old 11-01-2004, 12:09 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point

Since I hardley ride, I will become a promoter
and since I know the game I can decifer a squid from a stunter

contact me and I can promote your **** and stay on top of the events if ya want while you stunt and raise the bar on your skills

holla
Old 11-01-2004, 12:15 PM

You need to get back on the ol RR and ride, or promote us, lol
Old 11-01-2004, 12:55 PM

C-bo: Were On The Same Page But If The Show Is In My Home Town And I Dont Have To Travel Then Its All Good.
Wheelie Kid: You Need To Respect Your Elders And Stay In Your Place. I Was Riding Wheelies Before You Were Even Born, You Young Whipper-snapper. Fast, Slow, Whatever Style. WE ARE SAVING OUR FOOTAGE FOR OUR OWN VID BUT YOU CAN SEE US IN THE VIDEO SECTION:#1 "HOT IN TEXAS", #2 "TEXAS RIDERS." Like My Boy Said, You Are Way Out Of Your Element. I Think I Hear Your Mom Calling You. By The Way, Does She Look Good?
Old 11-01-2004, 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=BunaRocket]Let's all get together and start figuring how to market ourselves so we can take it over. Tired of it going to a bunch of half riders, I'm talking about a certain someone in H-Town (and if your reading this don't take it personal or take it personal you need to bump down your ego cause your ONLY average.

who is this directed towards justin?
Old 11-01-2004, 01:43 PM

You need to get back on the ol RR and ride, or promote us, lol

I can promote better than I ride, especially when Im promoting Pro's and not ameateaurs

I sold the RR so I need another stunter.. the gixxer is to clean to turn crunchy :YEAH
Old 11-01-2004, 02:12 PM

that's why you need two don't you know that, lol. One clean, one crunchy glad to see you finally sold the RR though and getting back to your roots.

That previous post wasn't directed towards you, the one it was directed to has already contacted me and it's been resolved.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:34 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TimsKFX400
yall should just move down hurr to houston...i can never find people to just stunt...i dont have a big bike or nething...yet. but im workin on it. anyways, basicaly its who u know nowadays that gets u anywhere.

he has a point, ITS WHO YOU KNOW THESE DAYS..... yea it sucks when peeps come to ur town and u know ur better then them, but they probably know more about promoting themselves then u do... all u can do is learn from this situation and not let it happen again....its done and over with so let it be.... you guys have the skills but u have to go out and promote it(video demos, mini stunt demos, web sites, etc...) and dont try to charge a arm and a leg to do the show...you gotta start small, prove yourself, and work up from there..... promoting and booking shows takes more work then most people think.....

thats just my .... GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS THOUGH AND RIDE SAFE
Old 11-01-2004, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by nobikerider
he has a point, ITS WHO YOU KNOW THESE DAYS..... yea it sucks when peeps come to ur town and u know ur better then them, but they probably know more about promoting themselves then u do... all u can do is learn from this situation and not let it happen again....its done and over with so let it be.... you guys have the skills but u have to go out and promote it(video demos, mini stunt demos, web sites, etc...) and dont try to charge a arm and a leg to do the show...you gotta start small, prove yourself, and work up from there..... promoting and booking shows takes more work then most people think.....

thats just my .... GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS THOUGH AND RIDE SAFE
EXACTLY. THERES ONLY SO MANY HOURS IN A DAY AND PROMOTING YOURSELF TAKES PRACTICE JUST LIKE RIDING. THANKS FOR THE INPUT.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:53 PM

that's why you need two don't you know that, lol. One clean, one crunchy glad to see you finally sold the RR though and getting back to your roots.

That previous post wasn't directed towards you, the one it was directed to has already contacted me and it's been resolved.
YEAH YEAH. I WANT TO KNOW TOO. I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD IDEA BUT I WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY. COME ON, GIVE ME THE DIRT.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:25 PM

Jordo636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright guys...I'll do whatever I can to help my home boys out, vids, website whatever you guys need I'll do it. I can't imagine a show in Austin without you guys in it, wtf? LOL and it just looks like a lack of communication or maybe the people putting on the show thought that you all where squids or something cause there isn't any websites or vids for them to check out that they have a direct link to. I know that there is motoscene but chain never updates it and its for all texas riders and its not that professional looking.

How about we put a site together for promoting purposes? It will be for SA guys, Austin, Sammy, and whoever else is in on this deal. I make good websites and I know that if we had a promoting site that they could check out that this **** wouldn't happen again. I've heard of XL8 but I know that they can't touch you guys especially when it comes to putting on a show for the crowd. I can even make promoting flyers that can be sent in emails for them to check out. Let me know guys...
Old 11-01-2004, 03:33 PM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MR. RYAN SMITH
RE-READ MY POST YOU F#CKIN CHUMP STAIN. I GAVE THEM THEIR CREDIT, ITS MOSTLY THE PROMOTION THAT PISSES ME OFF. IM CALLING IT EXACTLY LIKE IT IS, NO HATING INVOLVED. ONCE AGAIN: PROPS TO CREWS GETTING SHOWS AND MAKING MONEY BUT THE SKILL LEVEL THEY HAVE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE LOCALS. UNDERSTOOD?
dont get salty w/ me just cuz you didnt get the show. dude work on promoting yourselves and im sure you'll get the next one. if they picked up another team from another town to do the show, that just shows that you guys arent promoting yourselves(well or at all). relax "chump stain"
Old 11-01-2004, 04:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jordo636
Alright guys...I'll do whatever I can to help my home boys out, vids, website whatever you guys need I'll do it. I can't imagine a show in Austin without you guys in it, wtf? LOL and it just looks like a lack of communication or maybe the people putting on the show thought that you all where squids or something cause there isn't any websites or vids for them to check out that they have a direct link to. I know that there is motoscene but chain never updates it and its for all texas riders and its not that professional looking.

How about we put a site together for promoting purposes? It will be for SA guys, Austin, Sammy, and whoever else is in on this deal. I make good websites and I know that if we had a promoting site that they could check out that this **** wouldn't happen again. I've heard of XL8 but I know that they can't touch you guys especially when it comes to putting on a show for the crowd. I can even make promoting flyers that can be sent in emails for them to check out. Let me know guys...
A Texas site or a site that could be used to promote the group of riders that always meet in Austin would be a good start. We have our site, but getting vids and promoting it across the state hasnt happened yet. So far we are only local, and have only done local shows. And let me be another one to say that shows arent exactly the greatest thing, but when you get a couple hundred bones to do what you do ANYWAYS, why not?! Last time I checked making 600+ dollars for 3 15min shows wasnt against my moral code.

Quick Reply: Locals Only