What Would Make A Good Stunt T.v. Show ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point
What Would Make A Good Stunt T.v. Show ???

so If Somebody Like Discovery Channel Or Mtv Was To Make A T.v. Show To Air Every Week.......

And They Decided To Do It Based Around Some Stunters.....

What Would Be Some Good Ideas For The Show ???....

How Would You Keep It Interesting Every Week ???

What Could It Be Called ??

Use Your Imigination
Old 10-28-2004, 02:30 AM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What Would Make A Good Stunt T.v. Show ???

would have to have a BIG budget cause unless **** was breakin, bikes blowin up, ect.. after 3 or 4 weeks, even new episodes would look like reruns to regular people.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:35 AM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

i doubt it would work, you cant keep "America" glued to stunting for more than a few episodes, IF youre lucky, maybe on fuel tv's channel, but theres no budget for taht i think, even me as a stunter, i wouldnt put money (invest) in a stunt show, its not even close to that point yet or market for it
Old 10-28-2004, 02:59 AM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

are you kiding me it's going to happen and when it doe's the people will go stunna nuts c-mon with all the drama that goes along with it it'll be on after general hospital in no time
Old 10-28-2004, 06:21 AM
Group Moderator

ok....

i heard a rumor from a reliable source.....but i shoudnt be saying anything ......

all i can say is...sombody said that they will do it.....but this group has to come up with some great ideas to keep the show interesting in order for it to work...

im sure it cant just be stunting everyday........
there has to be more.....

look at the o.c.c. show and the biker build off....those have worked and they arent great shows....

i think this could be big if it all works out.....and should be a step in the right direction for this sport..

you all know that once its in the works and everybody hears about it all the thousands of stuntlife members will be glued to the t.v. to see whats going to happen.

so .......what kind of things do you think would make it interesting ?

jay
Old 10-28-2004, 10:40 AM

verticalfrank is a decent person

it would be a little more interesting if you created rivalaries and showed different groups batteling

or if you had an episode revolving around someone chasing a goal, like going for longest stoppie and all the practice and work that goes into it.

maybe show some footage from team competitions, and also like mtv did...show some drama or behind the scenes stuff
Old 10-28-2004, 10:52 AM

STchick is a decent person

i couldn't see it going through...i don't see regular, every day people being able to watch stunting on tv on a regular basis. I don't think it would capture peoples eyes. but that's just my opinion. i wouldn't sit at home and watch it.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:27 PM

american's love anything with a gas motor .i too know there is somthing in the works on this coast they want to see how we get ready ,fix,build,income source you name it .all it's going to take is a couple commercial's of some endo's gone wrong and alittle back roads action
Old 10-28-2004, 12:41 PM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all

make the show last 90% drama, 10% stunting and in that 10% of stunting.. reaching some goal.

For example, occ, u have 90% dad and son bitching, 10% building and riding a bike. And that 10% they are always behind and gotta meet some deadline or goal. I personally hate the show.. but its still on, and ppl are buying up all their occ **** even though they don't even own a bike. So they are doing something right.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:26 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a few notes from that mtv show with bam marjara. Then just have stunting instead of skating.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:48 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

I think there have been more than a billion examples that peoples everyday lives get good ratings... Look at the real world...all these people are kids who went to college cuz there parents wanted them to then they got out and were like OH **** I HAVE TO FACE REALITY NOW. Then they sign up for some MTV bullshit and have there lives taped. They are not extraordinary people, they are just regular people, MTV makes them get pretty typical jobs. That show gets crazy ratings...imagine following the lives of guys who live, eat and breathe stunting. There is plenty to make a show out of...Running from the law, dealing with the way society views stunters, issues like CBO has like family vs. riding. Balancing riding and the rest of your life. The struggle to make stunting main-stream, maybe the pressure to be the best? I mean we all know there are some really hardcore guys out there, I think it would be interesting to delve into there lives. Personally I hate all reality TV, but if I am going to watch it, the more REAL it is the better. I hate stupid shows like survivor, and the mole, and Joe millionaire...that's all a bunch of bullshit. I mean look how much **** talking, hating, and crap drama that goes on here....you know it's out there face to face too, get that bullshit on tape, people will eat it up....
Old 10-28-2004, 04:51 PM

yungryder is a decent person

Defanitly hip-hop icon hosts and performances......And around the states coverage, even underground up and coming teams....And of course trips to the customizing shops....
Old 10-28-2004, 04:59 PM

bjessup is an unknown quantity at this point

I think a mixture of it all would make a show. Show all the drama in somones life between other stunters. Show them practicing and wrecking and rebuilding their bikes. To keep the interesting send the guy to every competition accross the country and show it pushing the deadlines and to try to come up with new tricks in between and struggling to be the best. theres my
Old 10-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Group Moderator

I AGREE THAT THERE ARE SO MANY CRAPY SHOWS OUT THERE ....THAT ONE WITH A COMBINATION OF ALL OF THE IDEAS PUT OUT SO FAR WOULD BE A HIT...

I'M POSITIVE IT WILL WORK WITH THE RIGHT IDEAS
Threads: 89,045, Posts: 1,090,311, Members: 20,630
STUNTLIFE ALONE HAS 20,630 MEMBERS THAT I KNOW WOULD WATCH THE SHOW.

U GUYS GOT SOME GOOD IDEAS FLOWING....

KEEP EM COMING !
Old 10-28-2004, 09:59 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MANUBI33

KEEP EM COMING !
Only if you pay me :YEAH
Old 10-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Regular StuntLifer

godslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MANUBI33
I AGREE THAT THERE ARE SO MANY CRAPY SHOWS OUT THERE ....THAT ONE WITH A COMBINATION OF ALL OF THE IDEAS PUT OUT SO FAR WOULD BE A HIT...

I'M POSITIVE IT WILL WORK WITH THE RIGHT IDEAS
Threads: 89,045, Posts: 1,090,311, Members: 20,630
STUNTLIFE ALONE HAS 20,630 MEMBERS THAT I KNOW WOULD WATCH THE SHOW.

KEEP EM COMING !
20,000 aint even a drop in the bucket.

As of 10:19 pm EDT Oct 28, 2004 the United States population was 294,627,451.

20,000 viewers is a whopping .006% of the population. And if you figure only 15,000 of the Stuntlife members are in the US to see a US show then that drops it to a paultry .005% of the population. I wouldnt invest in a market like that and I doubt too many producers will either....yet.

I'd love to see it happen but I dont have cable and dont think $80/month is worth it to see 500 channels of nothing I care about. OK, 499 channels of nothing I care about and 1 stunt/motorcycle/speed/**** channel.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Group Moderator

Ok So How Many Of The 294,627,451 Watch Gay Shows Like Real World And O.c.c.

Theres No Reason This Couldn't Happen.
$80 A Month. ???? Just Go Steal Cable Like The Rest Of Us....= Free

This Is The Year 2004 I Didnt Know People Still Didnt Have One Of Them Color Movie Box Screens.....lol.....j/k

So What Else Might Make The Show Interesting ????

?????

Post Up Bitches.....lol
Old 10-28-2004, 11:53 PM

well did any of you guy'd see the discovery flop ''motorcycle girl''? that piece of crap made to air ,barly but it did never the less, a stunt related show will blow o.cc right out of the water if it's put together right. young talented,and many of us are self taught welders,mechanics whatever once ''the discovery america public gets a taste they beg for more ...it's just our opinion over here but it's like the mtv thing love it or hate it you had to watch it did'nt you and if another one came on you would knock people down to watch that one .c-mon be honest here
Old 10-29-2004, 12:23 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I saw some previews today of upcoming episodes of "Viva La Bam" and I saw a quick shot of a guy on an F4i doing a burnout...Anyone see Bam's new concrete skatepark driveway? I think somebody should introduce Bam Margera to stuntriding since he's the type of nut that would do anything....and if it flies with MTV, maybe MTV will make a branch off of it like Bam branched off of "Jackass". Just a wild idea....who knows......
Old 10-29-2004, 12:24 AM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

PM me and ill give you my address. the cameras can follow me around, as i try to learn new tricks. right now i have the very basics down, so you can watch me progress through the sport.

Quick Reply: What Would Make A Good Stunt T.v. Show ???