Reckless Driving in a Parking lot

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 05:53 PM

yungryder is a decent person
Re: Reckless Driving in a Parking lot

I thought it was only wreckless if u r in traffic endangering someone elses life.....
Old 10-28-2004, 06:00 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by ziggler
This probably goes without saying but, if you do go to court, don't count on the judge listening to ANYTHING you have to say, unless you have some serious facts to lay out...
I would think, in court, if you had video evidence of just how slow, a "slow wheelie" is... it might help. 99 out of 100 judges will have no idea how slow and controlled it really is. You know, explain that you enter competitions and this is the only way you can practice, etc...
Old 10-28-2004, 10:54 PM
NAZ

NAZ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Yeah, as long as you have permission, you should be cool.

I might have to hit you up about your spot! I'm 10 minutes away...

And yeah, the usual rule of thumb in Detroit is that as long as it's reasonably isolated, they don't care. Half the time they will even stop and watch. Maybe one outta ten times they say it's "time to leave" or something like that... But I don't know anybody who's gotten busted in Detroit for practicing at a "spot".

would u mind ever teachin me some **** on my
Old 10-29-2004, 09:21 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by NAZ/ownedmc
would u mind ever teachin me some **** on my
Anytime you wanna ride, let me know...

Plus, you're in Shelby, so you're only minutes from Buzzman, and he's the Mad 50 Pimp!

Check your PMs!
Old 10-31-2004, 06:39 PM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Man, I don't have time to read all this and my answer might get a little long, but here's what I know.

I live in NH

You can do what ever you want in a parking lot. Unless it's State owned property, it's consider private property. You can sit there all day long and stunt with or without permission. If the local police want to come in an harrass you, they can ask you to leave, but you don't have to. It's not their property nor do the work for the property owner. If for some reason the property owner has filed a complaint about marks from burnouts or has seen you there and complained, then the cop can ask you to leave. He can't arrest you unless he has asked you before and can prove it in his logs that he took your information. Make sure it's not posted though. Otherwise he can't prove that you were asked to leave and can't arrest you the first time. I had a friend that was arrested for criminal tresspass at a local parking lot becasue the cop asked him to leave and he didn't. He went to court on it and won becasue the cop didn't have the authority to ask him to leave in the first place.
As for reckless operation. The law here states that reckless operation of a motor vehicle is jsut that. If you can prove that you weren't driving recklessly i.e. were in full control of you vehicle you might be able to beat it.
As for any property that has public access being consider public property, that's bullshit. Think about it. My driveway leads to the street, so is my yard public property?

Most of them make up laws as they go an dthink that they're right. Just do your research and let us know what happens.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:40 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

In my city, they concider anything that public traffic can gain access to as being an area where wreckless can occur.

Infact, DWI, Wreckless, and Hit and Run are all offenses you can get busted for on private property. Now I got busted doing wheelies on the highway, got arrested, went to jail, got probation, $780 in fines, 24 hrs community service. That was all for a wreckless, yes I was in traffic rocking out a controlled wheelie @ 55mph, but if I get the same ticket/fines/BS! for parking lot riding, imma shoot someone!!
Old 11-02-2004, 11:00 AM

StntnYmR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you guys for the inputs. I have a lawyer working with me and I hope it turns out for the better. My lawyer basically laughed at the charge and isn't even charging me full price. I will keep all you peeps posted though. Thanks again.

DeeZ
Old 11-02-2004, 11:12 AM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have permission from the ownder of the lot. You can rip up the ticket, and give the big 'ol Sign to the cops.. I agree with these guys.. Show up in court and fight it...
Old 12-22-2004, 10:26 AM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

what happened with this? any new news?
Old 12-22-2004, 12:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I believe he's still waiting on court---soon...I'll post up results.....