Squids entering stunt events....question for the pros

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point
Squids entering stunt events....question for the pros

The past 2 events that I've been to there have been a couple guys out there who shouldn't be out there. This past weekend, it was like the guy was learning how to power wheelie out there. I did not see one wheelie that lasted more than like 3 or 4 seconds from this guy. I mean, I gotta give him credit for riding in front of all those people, but is it really called for? So all you highly skilled riders, what do you think of this?
Old 10-20-2004, 01:27 PM

01CbR929RR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Squids entering stunt events....question for the pros

im that 3-4 second wheelie guy too... there is no way in hell you would catch me in an event, wouldnt wanna embarrass myself. there should be some form of prescreening, like you must be able to do a slow wheelie for x amount of distance to enter or something like that...
Old 10-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can wheelie for a little bit longer than 3-4 seconds. But you still wont see me in any comps any time soon! The closest thing to that is me fartin around on sundays in front of the crowd on 125. Just a bunch of people doin stupid ****. It's a good time. No pressure. and it's ok if you suck... they just laugh at you!
Old 10-20-2004, 01:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Outkast Rafe is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i hate that
when you go to practice at a track and they have these idiots fling down the track its really dangerous
everyone has to learn somewhere so go learn on the streets like everyone else had to
Old 10-20-2004, 01:46 PM

Pigott666gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I makes you COOL but when I bust a HUGH wheelie on 128 im a lot COOLER and have *****>
Old 10-20-2004, 01:48 PM

01CbR929RR is an unknown quantity at this point

which part of boston pigott ?
Old 10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Hater proof

CrazyJ is a decent person

thats why if people had their **** together they would have the stunt comps a 2 day event and have qualifing one day and finals the other day to get rid of the shitty riders stunt comps are for people who want to go and try and win and want to showcase their talent that they have busted their *** to get

u dont see every dirtbike moto freestyler in the x games do u ?
"NO"
Old 10-20-2004, 02:29 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

The promoters have to let Joe anybody ride if they want to make money. Only a few national events are big enough where they can filter out rookies and still have enough riders.
Think about it this way... If you drove to florida for a comp, and didnt make the cut, would you drive back next year? Hell no. You just spent a grand in gas and tolls for 5 minutes of riding.
But maybe thats the point?
Old 10-20-2004, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyJ
thats why if people had their **** together they would have the stunt comps a 2 day event and have qualifing one day and finals the other day to get rid of the shitty riders stunt comps are for people who want to go and try and win and want to showcase their talent that they have busted their *** to get

u dont see every dirtbike moto freestyler in the x games do u ?
"NO"
tru dat_________
Old 10-20-2004, 02:49 PM

THOMPSONS is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Squids entering stunt events....question for the pros

Originally Posted by RoadStainR6
I can wheelie for a little bit longer than 3-4 seconds. But you still wont see me in any comps any time soon! The closest thing to that is me fartin around on sundays in front of the crowd on 125. Just a bunch of people doin stupid ****. It's a good time. No pressure. and it's ok if you suck... they just laugh at you!

that is a good attitude to have.i feel the same way-

jason thompson
Old 10-20-2004, 02:57 PM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

hey entered an amature freestyle event. i did damn good all around. now i know what i need to improve on all then work my way pro from there. it's all in fun for me. last time i checked this wasn't the olympics, and were all here to have fun. plus we all know a squid throwing his bike into a wall can be amusing at times. we've all done our share of stupid ****.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:57 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

i dont think im gonna be entering a comp anytime soon either but i can show off to most of those people up there... i really did think i was gonna die when i tried slow stuff
them people were flying
Old 10-20-2004, 02:58 PM

erionracer is an unknown quantity at this point

when i was at stuntrageous this year it was a 2 day event and there were some guys out there who could not do much but u gotta give them props for trying, put urself out there in front of people with no real skill it had to be hard for them but hey they were not on the sidelines just saying hey i can do that they were out there giving it their all.. they had the am. and pros.. and the pros told some of them good try practice and see u next time... by the way teach did a good job as mc for it.. he is pretty insane also..my props to all the am and pros outthere this past show.. i will be out there someday when i am all done healing...teach thanks for the props u gave me there even though i was on the sidelines on crutches....d-man
Old 10-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wangsta6
i dont think im gonna be entering a comp anytime soon either but i can show off to most of those people up there... i really did think i was gonna die when i tried slow stuff
them people were flying
Nothin like scrapin 12 and havin a guy fly by you doin a 6th gear standup huh?
Old 10-20-2004, 03:12 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

nope nothing like it... im glad that by the time i was doing them most people were just watching
Old 10-20-2004, 03:13 PM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

Nothin like scrapin 12 and havin a guy fly by you doin a 6th gear standup huh?

that will mess up your concentration
Old 10-20-2004, 03:45 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

competeing is crazy for the first time i thought my **** was tight oh no i got to motofest and got served .i chocked under pressure bombing tricks i've been doing since i started stunnin ..as for sqiuds if you can't touch the tail or bar stay home and practice or come out and just watch ....or like me if you think you got skillz come down compete get a reality check ,then you'll know what level you gota be at to really compete .......i came home with my tail between my legs called up some ''o.s''original stunna's and went to work now i'm goin to try it again we'll see if this times any better
Old 10-20-2004, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by rsx929rr
competeing is crazy for the first time i thought my **** was tight oh no i got to motofest and got served .i chocked under pressure bombing tricks i've been doing since i started stunnin ..as for sqiuds if you can't touch the tail or bar stay home and practice or come out and just watch ....or like me if you think you got skillz come down compete get a reality check ,then you'll know what level you gota be at to really compete .......i came home with my tail between my legs called up some ''o.s''original stunna's and went to work now i'm goin to try it again we'll see if this times any better

thats what im talking about i think im good and everyone that rides with me thinks im good but I dont think im no where close to being ready for competing
Old 10-20-2004, 06:17 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuntwars this year is holding qualifying on Saturday and the actual event of Sunday to avoid situations like this. If you think you are ready to compete more power to ya. About 85% of the riders willl ride around 70%-80% of their actual skill level during competition due to the adernaline and nerves kicking in.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:09 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
Stuntwars this year is holding qualifying on Saturday and the actual event of Sunday to avoid situations like this. If you think you are ready to compete more power to ya. About 85% of the riders willl ride around 70%-80% of their actual skill level during competition due to the adernaline and nerves kicking in.
nerves!! lol what a killer.

pawpaw

Quick Reply: Squids entering stunt events....question for the pros