slow wheelies???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
NAZ

NAZ will become famous soon enough
slow wheelies???

how do i go about starting slow wheelies. i know this will mness my bie up by dropping alot, but i dont care, i feel there is alot more skill involved, thats why i want 2 learn. any steps to go by??
Old 10-17-2004, 07:08 PM

Hazardous is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: slow wheelies???

Originally Posted by NAZ/ownedmc
how do i go about starting slow wheelies. i know this will mness my bie up by dropping alot, but i dont care, i feel there is alot more skill involved, thats why i want 2 learn. any steps to go by??

i'm just starting to get the hang of it, this is what i do, first turn ur idle up to about 3k so when u get high enough the idle will take over. You should be at almost a complete stop then pull in the clutch and pull up a wheelie as if u were going to flip and hit the rear break a little so u catch urself so u dont flip but are very high, if u get it just right u'll hit idle and u wont have to give it barely any gas, and some break now and then. Shitty description sorry, lol hope it helps
Old 10-17-2004, 07:08 PM

Dj Reversal is an unknown quantity at this point

well get to the balance point first.. probably doing sorta speed wheelies.. once u get ther just inch back and get ya foot on the rear brake... the further back u go the more it will slow down till a point before it 12's or flips :-p ... usually slows down nice any where from like 6 inches from the ground or less.. on the tail end.. but the bike is very loopy @ this point if your not on the brake.. so rub it at all times after the BP.. i would also recommend a cage.. or even a bar... if u have a fairly big sprocket that would help big time, but i know people that get stock bikes down to like 10-15mph without a problem.. sometimes even slower depnding how skilled they are.

mark
Old 10-17-2004, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dj Reversal
well get to the balance point first.. probably doing sorta speed wheelies.. once u get ther just inch back and get ya foot on the rear brake... the further back u go the more it will slow down till a point before it 12's or flips :-p ... usually slows down nice any where from like 6 inches from the ground or less.. on the tail end.. but the bike is very loopy @ this point if your not on the brake.. so rub it at all times after the BP.. i would also recommend a cage.. or even a bar... if u have a fairly big sprocket that would help big time, but i know people that get stock bikes down to like 10-15mph without a problem.. sometimes even slower depnding how skilled they are.

mark
i can rock slow pretty good on idle and im only up one in the front for gearing its all about hittin the sweet spot
Old 10-17-2004, 08:03 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dj Reversal

mark
dont learn this way, it will be verypainful to try and slow a wheelie down from 30 and panic and not hit the rear brake. there are 3 simple steps for this.
1. turn ur idle to bout 2000-2500, and for the first day maybe 2 depending on how quick u learn. just clutch the biek up and hit the rear brake, jsut go as high as u can and hit it. jsut clutch it up hit, clutch up hit it , etc etc. this will hope fully program ur panic reflex to be the brake not bail ..lol
2. leave ur idle at 2000-2500, now pract clutching up and not hitting the brake as hard, when u go high enuff u will feel the idle take over, this idle setting wont carry for no handers or anything but it will let u kno ur high enuff. the down side to step 1 is now when u hit idle u will the brake to hard, jsut concentrate on htiin it softer and softer.
3. turn ur idle to bout 3500 to 4500 differs on differnt bikes and clutch it up and tap the brake very lightly, at this setting the idle will carry u if u dont hit the brake to hard, and if u wanna put it on the bar, jsut let off the brake and the idle will gently flip it onto the bar.

hope this helps. BUY A CAGE AND BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:20 PM

XTJesse is an unknown quantity at this point

im still gettin the hang of slow wheelies but the first few times i did it i would just use crazy brake and hit the bar or your tail after that it helps a lot more then i thought that way you know how far back you can go, then just practice, i learned brake control on an xr100
Old 10-17-2004, 08:22 PM
NAZ

wow, cant wait to try. what cage should i buy???freestyle ing??? whats a good 12 bar, one that wont completely block my tail light if there are any at all like that
Old 10-17-2004, 08:22 PM

XTJesse is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yea i set my idle @ 4k and def get a cage
Old 10-17-2004, 08:31 PM

Dragnlikeapimp is an unknown quantity at this point

racing 905 makes nice cages and baars check them out.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dragnlikeapimp
racing 905 makes nice cages and baars check them out.
racing 905 cages=painful shins
Old 10-18-2004, 08:52 AM

iceberg is an unknown quantity at this point

im starting to learn them as well , but im scared to turn the idle up ,im scared that if i get to high and dont hit the brake and let off the gas to let it down that b/c the idle is turend up it will just flip right over ,is this the case or no ?
Old 10-18-2004, 09:19 AM
NAZ

Originally Posted by iceberg
im starting to learn them as well , but im scared to turn the idle up ,im scared that if i get to high and dont hit the brake and let off the gas to let it down that b/c the idle is turend up it will just flip right over ,is this the case or no ?

im at the point that wehn im going to try em soon. i give two ***** if i loop it. its the only way ill learn
Old 10-18-2004, 05:52 PM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fuct turning up the idle. Just stay steady with the throttle. Work on your rear brake control. Practice like you never practice b4. and you'll get it.

It helps if someone that you ride with that does slow chit, so you can get some pointers.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by NAZ/ownedmc
wow, cant wait to try. what cage should i buy???freestyle ing??? whats a good 12 bar, one that wont completely block my tail light if there are any at all like that
all the cages are good, they hall ahve ups and downs. the 905 like cages bend so u hafta cut them off cuz u cant get at the bolts, and the fi cagees cuz of long sliders either bend mototrmount bolts or strio motormounts out. either way they both work afterwards and both need hard crashes to get any of that to happen.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by iceberg
yes but idle will flip u so slowly u can catch the bike and jsut run behind it and if u have a bar ur just flip and hit the bar, not a big deal.

1. turn ur idle to bout 2000-2500, and for the first day maybe 2 depending on how quick u learn. just clutch the biek up and hit the rear brake, jsut go as high as u can and hit it. jsut clutch it up hit, clutch up hit it , etc etc. this will hope fully program ur panic reflex to be the brake not bail ..lol
2. leave ur idle at 2000-2500, now pract clutching up and not hitting the brake as hard, when u go high enuff u will feel the idle take over, this idle setting wont carry for no handers or anything but it will let u kno ur high enuff. the down side to step 1 is now when u hit idle u will the brake to hard, jsut concentrate on htiin it softer and softer.
3. turn ur idle to bout 3500 to 4500 differs on differnt bikes and clutch it up and tap the brake very lightly, at this setting the idle will carry u if u dont hit the brake to hard, and if u wanna put it on the bar, jsut let off the brake and the idle will gently flip it onto the bar.

hope this helps. BUY A CAGE AND BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 07:52 PM
NAZ

Originally Posted by BVRider1
Fuct turning up the idle. Just stay steady with the throttle. Work on your rear brake control. Practice like you never practice b4. and you'll get it.

It helps if someone that you ride with that does slow chit, so you can get some pointers.
the thing is , ill be the 1st in my group to try it. i dont know anyone willin to take the time to teach me. im even willin to trailer bike to spots in mich this winter to ride w/ someone to teach me in some safe secluded spot
Old 10-18-2004, 08:38 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

im in the same boat as NAZ, i wanna try slow **** ASAP, but i think im just goin to wait for next season, because i know im not goin to be able to get it down by the end of this one (i only see about 1 week left of riding (boooooo)) would it be a definate good idea to have a bar for this? Im goin to probably get a 905 cage for sure hadnt planned on makin a bar, but if i gotta to save my "***" then i guess it'll have to be done.

I also will be probably the first one around here to even attempt slow ****, thats something ive never seen anyone do around here its all power wheelies, the occational guy that knows what he is doin will clutch but he doesnt do anything slow. So this will be all in my hands to learn, and my riding buddy that stunts.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:24 PM

me and my freidnwere the first ones to learn, we learned from each other mistakes, we practiced about 2hrs a day for a week everday after skool and at teh end of bout 8 days we were rockin no throttle had for bout 5 secs. and we cud do all the bitch idkle tricks like kilroys, and aprhangers, and cliffhangers, get a bar and cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it only takes about a week to learn. the hard part is learnin the brake reflex, because u think u have it then u actaully get high enuff and ur relfex is still to bail, but after that its all easy. we learned with idle r6 and f4i -2, -1
Old 10-18-2004, 10:25 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

it's just me and my bro right now and we're learning from each other. I have my idle up to 4k, dropped rear tire pressure and cover that back brake. Be smooth on the throttle, don't 'chop' it, causes wobble. As for the winter, as long as there's no snow I'll be out there. Try to practice with someone and possibly film your progress. Because sometimes you'll feel like the front is really high but after watching footage of yourself you'll see how much more you have to go. Also, get your hands on a 50 or a quad. It'll help with your rear brake reflex. Oh, and definetly get a cage!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

a cage isnt even in question thats a definate for next season, but a bar will cover my tail light wont it, that gets a big booo from the popo's and i like normal riding as much as just stuntin around.