View Poll Results: Who wants to see US Stuntriding Organized and make it BIG (mainstream)
YES, I support it fully and will do whatever it takes to do my part to HELP!!!
66.67%
NO, I want it to stay Underground, stuntriding shouldn't be made mainstream.
28.33%
NO, Just because I'm always the one who has to try to piss people off, so I will try to ruin what everyone else is doing!!!
5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Should it be organized?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Should it be organized?

I personally want this "Sport" to be organized and succeed in the mainstream, but it just seems that so many people either WANT it to fail or are just plain negative about it.

I don't understand why.

Do all of you who come on here and trash everything people are trying to do to make the sport succeed really WANT to see it FAIL or are you just trying to be an ******* because you think it's COOL? Or are you just scared that if it gets BIG you'll be left behind?

IF YOU VOTE NO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY!!!!!

Who really wants THIS SPORT TO MAKE IT BIG???

I DO!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Regular StuntLifer

godslayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Should it be organized?

I dont. If it gets big where are all the cookie-cutter, trash-talking keyboard jockies going to go? Wisconsin (the state and the forum) is full of people that run their mouths but dont put up the **** they talk. I hear a lot of "any time, anywhere...here is my number and we will set up a time" type of sheit and it never ends. If it becomes legit and people actually have to put up or shut up then all that will fade away, wont it?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by godslayer
I dont. If it gets big where are all the cookie-cutter, trash-talking keyboard jockies going to go? Wisconsin (the state and the forum) is full of people that run their mouths but dont put up the **** they talk. I hear a lot of "any time, anywhere...here is my number and we will set up a time" type of sheit and it never ends. If it becomes legit and people actually have to put up or shut up then all that will fade away, wont it?
They will be "Spectators"

Like in other pro sports they will have a role as professional hecklers. So you see they will still be able to talk the unbacked ****. therefore giving you the entertainment you soooo need and disire.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:15 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

i definately think that it should be recognized as a maintstream sport. but i beleive it should be governed by the riders that started it. im not a real big stunter. in fact i suck. :YEAH but i think its a great sport and shloud be reconginzed as one.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Lotta lookers, cast your vote biatches quit just lookin and VOTE!!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 03:10 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

i voted yay me, i want juice and cookies now
Old 10-01-2004, 03:11 PM

dan gates can only hope to improve

there is no "ya and i will help a little bit" **** im not gonna throw my whole paycheck into this when im not even that good, but i do want it to go recognized
Old 10-01-2004, 03:11 PM

ill shane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thew750
Lotta lookers, cast your vote biatches quit just lookin and VOTE!!!!

If the sport got organized alot of talented riders would be doing this for a living.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sports like this are rebelious sports. supposed to be anti social outcast lawbreaking sports. It's just like the whole chopper scene. Used to be made up of badass dudes who didn't give a damn about the law. Now it's on the goddamn discovery channel and 4 year olds are wearin OCC shirts. It's kind of like selling out. While there are many benefits to it going main stream, I dunno if it would be accepted as well as things like skateboarding. when skateboarding and other "extreme sports" went mainstream everyone and there mother started boarding. I know, I was one of them! There's already too many squids out there. (I'm probably very easily considered to be one as well). this "sport" going mainstream would only cause everyone and their mother to go get a bike and start hurting themselves and others. By keeping it underground, you keep a little bit more of the respect for it and the people who are involved. It could go either way. I would like to see it go more mainstream so that the guys who rely on this for a living could live a little more comfortably and the sport could progress a lot faster. I'm torn both ways. But either way, I'm always willing to help any time it's needed!
Old 10-01-2004, 03:44 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Originally Posted by RoadStainR6
Sports like this are rebelious sports. supposed to be anti social outcast lawbreaking sports. It's just like the whole chopper scene. Used to be made up of badass dudes who didn't give a damn about the law. Now it's on the goddamn discovery channel and 4 year olds are wearin OCC shirts. It's kind of like selling out. While there are many benefits to it going main stream, I dunno if it would be accepted as well as things like skateboarding. when skateboarding and other "extreme sports" went mainstream everyone and there mother started boarding. I know, I was one of them! There's already too many squids out there. (I'm probably very easily considered to be one as well). this "sport" going mainstream would only cause everyone and their mother to go get a bike and start hurting themselves and others. By keeping it underground, you keep a little bit more of the respect for it and the people who are involved. It could go either way. I would like to see it go more mainstream so that the guys who rely on this for a living could live a little more comfortably and the sport could progress a lot faster. I'm torn both ways. But either way, I'm always willing to help any time it's needed!
i would respectfully disaggree with the whole welling out part. selling out to me is when brian deegan does a f*cking saturn comercial
Old 10-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Regular StuntLifer

over 100 views and only16 peeps voting. Come-on now!!! When no one wants your opinion you spew it out..... now that we want it you just lurk and don't want to come off of it.

VOTE DAMN-IT!!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 04:32 PM
plm

plm is an unknown quantity at this point

im sorry 4 u dreamers but this does not have the WOW factor that
freestyle motorcross has or any other X game sport stunt rideing
is like watching flatland BMX so 4 u dreamers get a f*cking life
because its not going 2 happen
Old 10-01-2004, 04:55 PM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by plm
im sorry 4 u dreamers but this does not have the WOW factor that
freestyle motorcross has or any other X game sport stunt rideing
is like watching flatland BMX so 4 u dreamers get a f*cking life
because its not going 2 happen
So we will put you in the list of people that will be under the bus and not on it... no worries. More for everyone else.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:57 PM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
I like the organization on the streets. NO rules

But at the same time I know theres alot pushing for mainstream so I hope those people get what they want. Im happy either way cause I know there will always be those who love the underground style and the street life.
CBO... you are such a good rider... I really wish that you "got it". It's too bad that you don't have a more positive opinion.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by CBO
I like the organization on the streets. NO rules

But at the same time I know theres alot pushing for mainstream so I hope those people get what they want. Im happy either way cause I know there will always be those who love the underground style and the street life.

Well put, a lot of people just flat out like "The Streets" and have no disire to ever compete?

Are they good enough to compete and win? YES!!

I don't think CBO is the best rider out there but I think that if he had a disire to be a competitor he would no doubt hone his skillz and become one of the very best.... But will that ever happen? Maybe, but for now he, like lots if others likes the STREET.

A lot is currently being done to make Street Freestyle legitimate in the extreme motorsports world. But if and when it does begin to take off, it won't be the absoulte end to Underground riding. This sport was born on the streets and will always remain in part, on the streets.

No one is trying to say that if this goes mainstream that street riding will be gone. If thats the case the sport won't last.

Everyone needs to remember that all of todays riders "learned on the streets first" and thats the same place ALL of our future superstars will come from as well.

*** Made in the USA

This sport was Made in the STREETS

And Don't Forget That
Old 10-01-2004, 07:59 PM

20dub is an unknown quantity at this point

i think some will agree with me and some won't.it will never happen.way to many scumbags are involved in this game to go big.what happens at just about every stunt comp.stolen bikes being stolen or being ridden at events.there is no way that abc,nbc,espn or any networks are going to take a chance on this "sport".look at how long the"x.s.b.a." lasted.1 year.i really don't give a rats a$$ where this "sport" goes.i started riding bikes when i was a kid because nothing else gave me that feelin.ya know what i mean?to many of you are trying 2 be superstars.you want be a star go play football or be an actor.otherwise shut the f up and just ride.my
Old 10-01-2004, 08:21 PM

20dub is an unknown quantity at this point

don't get me wrong.if you are into this and want 2 make this a legit sport all i can say is good luck 2 all.just don't forget why most of you started riding.because you love it.not because it is cool.

oh yeah. don't forget the streets
Old 10-01-2004, 08:28 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally like the streets and i feel kind of the same way CBO does, but hell i like the streets and maybe one day if i get good enough perhaps enter a contest. if it goes mainstream cool go for it wish ya all the best of luck, but its just a hobby to me, i do it cuz i got love for bikes and i love to ride. i'll support it any way i can. all i can say i guess just my
Old 10-01-2004, 09:17 PM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaotic
i do it cuz i got love for bikes and i love to ride. i'll support it any way i can.
well said, i agree. i say keep it to the streets, but thats just my opinion.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:47 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snigg
well said, i agree. i say keep it to the streets, but thats just my opinion.
who wants ur opinion.. just kidding..

i agree, keep it on the streets.. do you know how many squids that would attract?? ever go to a skatepark and see kids tryin to do what pro's do? and all they do is get broke.. can u imagine the chaos on the streets if that were to happen?? not to mention all that hard work of tryin to make it mainstream and organized would be ruined by the bad name it would get from squids killing people, themselves, and getting hurt on the street tryin what the pro's do... just my

Quick Reply: Should it be organized?