View Poll Results: Who wants to see US Stuntriding Organized and make it BIG (mainstream)
YES, I support it fully and will do whatever it takes to do my part to HELP!!!
66.67%
NO, I want it to stay Underground, stuntriding shouldn't be made mainstream.
28.33%
NO, Just because I'm always the one who has to try to piss people off, so I will try to ruin what everyone else is doing!!!
5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Should it be organized?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Should it be organized?

Originally Posted by xRR-riderx
who wants ur opinion.. just kidding..

i agree, keep it on the streets.. do you know how many squids that would attract?? ever go to a skatepark and see kids tryin to do what pro's do? and all they do is get broke.. can u imagine the chaos on the streets if that were to happen?? not to mention all that hard work of tryin to make it mainstream and organized would be ruined by the bad name it would get from squids killing people, themselves, and getting hurt on the street tryin what the pro's do... just my
People get Hurt and even Killed everyday stuntin motorcycles, just look at the "Fallen Riders Forum". Just part of what attracts us to it, the danger. But you can't tell a single person on this site to quit because it's dangerous and they could hurt themselves or even worse, someone else. Squids will be loopin 120mph highway wheelies and running old ladies off the road wether this sport is accepted mainstream of not.

I grew up with broken bones from motocross, football, soccer, skateboarding, BMX, and everything else I did as a kid that was dangerous. It's called being a kid. (that's why parents have health insurance for thier whole families)
And if you think about it it's not like a 10 year old is gonna go jump on a sportbike and go do wheelies. So lets not compare this to kids at the skatepark. Howabout this instead: little Billy flips his bike tryin to do a wheelie and scrapes his knee, poor Billy........ OH wait kids do that anyways..... without the help of stunters.

Quit trying to THINK up reasons why it SHOULD fail. If don't want to be a part of it then don't. But do you really have to try to DREAM up some crazy *** senarios of why it shouldn't succeed.

Oe more point to make is there's IDIOTS in every aspect of life. Yeah, they will show up at stunt comps. Look at professional wrestling, the IDIOTS come out in force to WWF events. Look @ NASCAR, have you ever been to a NASCAR race? For the most part it's made up of the biggest group of white trash, inbred,ignorant, toothless, meth-head,trailor trash IDIOTS in the USofA. But I don't think NASCAR will succeed because of the type of people it attracts.(I hear that some of the people at NASCAR events have stolen cars)

Give me a break!!!

Quit hating

I understand if you think it should stay underground. And even if the sport does get BIG, there will always be an underground element and people will need to help to keep that around.

Like I said before

Made in the Streets
Stuntriding Pride
Old 10-01-2004, 11:53 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

some of you people are so naive

selling out? are you ****ing kidding me?, selling out to who ...... YOU, as far as i know , nobody is buying yet, thats what were working on. Some of you dont make sense to me. Your talking about the streets, your talent level isnt even at the stage that you should even BE on the streets, your gonna get yourselves killed. At least people like CBO have talent, and even though i dont agree with 95% of his attitudes and beliefs, i would much rather have him rockin the streets than joe schmo doing tank wheelis a foot off the ground in traffic. Organization?, whats wrong with organization, have you seen whats on t.v. lately? Wouldnt it be nice to see your friends or something as fresh as this instead of Xtreme Makeover? Have you ever done shows with kids coming up to you asking for autographs. There are so many more reasons this should be an organized sport than just makin us money. Theres alot more, and it would certainly even out the sacrifces all of us serious riders have made in the last 4 or 5 years. I think Ken said it best, those of you that dont get it, will be under the bus and not on it.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:59 PM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by plm
im sorry 4 u dreamers but this does not have the WOW factor that
freestyle motorcross has or any other X game sport stunt rideing
is like watching flatland BMX so 4 u dreamers get a f*cking life
because its not going 2 happen

why are you here then?

Last edited by Ryan Cramer; 10-02-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
some of you people are so naive

selling out? are you ****ing kidding me?, selling out to who ...... YOU, as far as i know , nobody is buying yet, thats what were working on. Some of you dont make sense to me. Your talking about the streets, your talent level isnt even at the stage that you should even BE on the streets, your gonna get yourselves killed. At least people like CBO have talent, and even though i dont agree with 95% of his attitudes and beliefs, i would much rather have him rockin the streets than joe schmo doing tank wheelis a foot off the ground in traffic. Organization?, whats wrong with organization, have you seen whats on t.v. lately? Wouldnt it be nice to see your friends or something as fresh as this instead of Xtreme Makeover? Have you ever done shows with kids coming up to you asking for autographs. There are so many more reasons this should be an organized sport than just makin us money. Theres alot more, and it would certainly even out the sacrifces all of us serious riders have made in the last 4 or 5 years. I think Ken said it best, those of you that dont get it, will be under the bus and not on it.
Exactly!!!
Old 10-02-2004, 12:29 AM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by snigg
well said, i agree. i say keep it to the streets, but thats just my opinion.
and i would say to you, is to stay on your couch and ride the bikes on Vice City
Old 10-02-2004, 12:35 AM

dan gates can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by sclevela
basically its like this................stare down the barrel of a gun.........peer as hard as u can hope to god that glint u see for a slip second is the hammer falling and makin a spark in an unloaded chamber...........not the tip of the bullet on its way through yer eye....................those that are striving to make this sport into a legitimate sport go through this scenario day in and day out yet constantly pull that trigger in the hopes of that glimmer being their chance to show the world they arent "some punk kid recklessly beating the crap out of a 10,000 dollar bike" or even worse..............the respected business man who believes in the sport that he has come to love and support this sport more than any of u that say u get on yer bikes and ride street for the love of it...................whereas the rest of u seem to ***** out and point that gun away in fear that the glimmer is the shell that will end it all for u and expose whats really inside the hollows of yer skulls..........a mere dream to be the best stuntlife street rider in yer town..........as ryan stated before theres nothin wrong with bein cbo........at least he sticks to his guyns and has the skill to do so and for that i give him credit...............but the rest ofu **** just sound scared that if it goes national and for real that the world will have somethin to compare yer lack luster skills to and ull just be seen as some idiot that went by my car that just figured out the relationship between a slipping clutch and a heavy throttle hand!
well that is the first post that has ever brought a tear to my eye. why too tru
Old 10-02-2004, 01:27 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Keep it undergound--I dont want to get kicked out of our spots because it went mainstream and every cop, Kmart manager, home depot manager, and whatever else manager knows the sport and bans it from every lot we go to to practice.

We had the manager of Walmart come out the other night while we were doing an endo stand-off using cones as markers, rooting us on giving us props!! Now THATS what I'm talking about!!!
Old 10-02-2004, 04:55 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R1Alvin
Keep it undergound--I dont want to get kicked out of our spots because it went mainstream and every cop, Kmart manager, home depot manager, and whatever else manager knows the sport and bans it from every lot we go to to practice.

We had the manager of Walmart come out the other night while we were doing an endo stand-off using cones as markers, rooting us on giving us props!! Now THATS what I'm talking about!!!

last quote i can give ya from a manager at a store was "get the Eff outta here before i call the effing cops" send yer manager to mass, we could use him
Old 10-02-2004, 05:07 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thew750
People get Hurt and even Killed everyday stuntin motorcycles, just look at the "Fallen Riders Forum". Just part of what attracts us to it, the danger. But you can't tell a single person on this site to quit because it's dangerous and they could hurt themselves or even worse, someone else. Squids will be loopin 120mph highway wheelies and running old ladies off the road wether this sport is accepted mainstream of not.

I grew up with broken bones from motocross, football, soccer, skateboarding, BMX, and everything else I did as a kid that was dangerous. It's called being a kid. (that's why parents have health insurance for thier whole families)
And if you think about it it's not like a 10 year old is gonna go jump on a sportbike and go do wheelies. So lets not compare this to kids at the skatepark. Howabout this instead: little Billy flips his bike tryin to do a wheelie and scrapes his knee, poor Billy........ OH wait kids do that anyways..... without the help of stunters.

Quit trying to THINK up reasons why it SHOULD fail. If don't want to be a part of it then don't. But do you really have to try to DREAM up some crazy *** senarios of why it shouldn't succeed.

Oe more point to make is there's IDIOTS in every aspect of life. Yeah, they will show up at stunt comps. Look at professional wrestling, the IDIOTS come out in force to WWF events. Look @ NASCAR, have you ever been to a NASCAR race? For the most part it's made up of the biggest group of white trash, inbred,ignorant, toothless, meth-head,trailor trash IDIOTS in the USofA. But I don't think NASCAR will succeed because of the type of people it attracts.(I hear that some of the people at NASCAR events have stolen cars)

Give me a break!!!

Quit hating

I understand if you think it should stay underground. And even if the sport does get BIG, there will always be an underground element and people will need to help to keep that around.

Like I said before

Made in the Streets
Stuntriding Pride
No ones hating dude, you asked for opinions, and thats what i gave, my opinion, and thats to keep it on the streets... just ride dude, then when or if the sport does become sanctioned, you might have a shot at becoming a "pro" cuz im guessing thats what you want.. just my other opinion..
Old 10-02-2004, 06:49 PM

20dub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sclevela
if thats tru then its the most unbelieveable national series of any sport out there.........they were able to name three champions in one year..........and convince all who were following it that those champs actually won in 3 different years

sorry if i was wrong .three years.i was on the website and they said they had no events planned for this year?basically what i was saying is it did'nt last.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:26 PM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

and i would say to you, is to stay on your couch and ride the bikes on Vice City
because i have a different opinion on the subject you start to bash. grow up...you want it to go mainstream but attitudes like yours will not help
Old 10-02-2004, 09:40 PM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by snigg
because i have a different opinion on the subject you start to bash. grow up...you want it to go mainstream but attitudes like yours will not help

and neither will yours
Old 10-02-2004, 10:07 PM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

just thought i would add my thoughts on this:

this "sport" is already "mainstream" to us....more so than football or any other sport. it is what we love to do so that makes it mainstream to us. it doesn't matter if anyone else is in to it or not. also, i don't consider it a sport....just like skateboarding, freestyle motocross, etc. it is more of a skill not a sport.
as far as it getting more publicity, if it meens more shows and televised events....that would be awsome. but contests suck. i don't like the idea of contests for this "sport" just like i don't like them for freestyle motocross or any other type of individual sport. they are never judged correctly and i don't even think they can be. just put on a killer show and everyone have fun. i would pay to see that. i ride for fun, that's all. i have a good job and make good money, this is just fun for me, so i know that my opinion might not be worth anything.....
Old 10-02-2004, 11:55 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DAN1978
just thought i would add my thoughts on this:

this "sport" is already "mainstream" to us....more so than football or any other sport. it is what we love to do so that makes it mainstream to us. it doesn't matter if anyone else is in to it or not. also, i don't consider it a sport....just like skateboarding, freestyle motocross, etc. it is more of a skill not a sport.
as far as it getting more publicity, if it meens more shows and televised events....that would be awsome. but contests suck. i don't like the idea of contests for this "sport" just like i don't like them for freestyle motocross or any other type of individual sport. they are never judged correctly and i don't even think they can be. just put on a killer show and everyone have fun. i would pay to see that. i ride for fun, that's all. i have a good job and make good money, this is just fun for me, so i know that my opinion might not be worth anything.....
+1 +1 Damn-This just put all the words in my mouth! +1 +1 +1
This IS a skill NOT a sport. It teaches me, in order of precedence, self gratification, FUN, control (most of the time),and pimpability to rip off something new so your boyz have something to work towards!! LOL
Old 10-03-2004, 03:01 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by thew750
I personally want this "Sport" to be organized and succeed in the mainstream, but it just seems that so many people either WANT it to fail or are just plain negative about it.

I don't understand why.

Do all of you who come on here and trash everything people are trying to do to make the sport succeed really WANT to see it FAIL or are you just trying to be an ******* because you think it's COOL? Or are you just scared that if it gets BIG you'll be left behind?

IF YOU VOTE NO PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY!!!!!

Who really wants THIS SPORT TO MAKE IT BIG???

I DO!!!
To your post.
Don't care, Don't care, Don't care! Yeah I can't name one person on this board that wants it (The Sport )to fail. So DOnt' care Don't care Don't care!
Old 10-03-2004, 03:03 AM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by DAN1978
but contests suck. i don't like the idea of contests for this "sport" just like i don't like them for freestyle motocross or any other type of individual sport. they are never judged correctly and i don't even think they can be.

Solid!!
Old 10-03-2004, 03:06 AM
I Love To Post!

True true!

Quick Reply: Should it be organized?