Big Squiddy
4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

To loop a bike!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 12:34 AM

ctchmy5point0 is an unknown quantity at this point
To loop a bike!

The true definition of looping a bike is flipping it over backwards. How lame is that definition. My definition, I screwed up real bad. Last night, on my zook, I screwed up really bad. I was a block away from my buddies house just starting out on our ride. Still in his neighborhood, I went around my buddy on a short straight. My bike was doggin of the line and around the corner, so first thought was "OK i'm in second gear", I'll clutch it up!" As i soon found out i wasn't. I was in first. My clutch ups usually consist of popping at near redline in second. I rapped the zook and let her fly. The bike jumped so hard that no matter how hard i would've hit the rear brake nothing would have saved me. If the front end would have come down, i would have been breathing through two holes in my chest about the diameter of the front tubes. My buddy behind me said that it looked awesome. I wasnt feeling the same way. I rode the tail for about a split second and then the bike went over on me. I tucked my arms in and rolled forever. My estimate of speed would be between 45-50. The bike tumbled and slid about 150-200 feet on the left side. Miraculously, i rode the bike a block to my buddies house and loaded it in to his truck. My jacket took a beating but my helmet did not have a scratch on it. I couldn't believe it. I had swrewed up bad. i had looped it. So the zook went to the shop today where they put her out of her misery. Total loss. It was the cleanest 04 black and orange zook 600 in KC. IT WAS! Anyways. Loop, what a great word! Screwed up is a better explaination!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gixxerflip.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	100412  
Old 09-30-2004, 12:39 AM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person
Re: To loop a bike!

Originally Posted by ctchmy5point0
The true definition of looping a bike is flipping it over backwards. How lame is that definition. My definition, I screwed up real bad. Last night, on my zook, I screwed up really bad. I was a block away from my buddies house just starting out on our ride. Still in his neighborhood, I went around my buddy on a short straight. My bike was doggin of the line and around the corner, so first thought was "OK i'm in second gear", I'll clutch it up!" As i soon found out i wasn't. I was in first. My clutch ups usually consist of popping at near redline in second. I rapped the zook and let her fly. The bike jumped so hard that no matter how hard i would've hit the rear brake nothing would have saved me. If the front end would have come down, i would have been breathing through two holes in my chest about the diameter of the front tubes. My buddy behind me said that it looked awesome. I wasnt feeling the same way. I rode the tail for about a split second and then the bike went over on me. I tucked my arms in and rolled forever. My estimate of speed would be between 45-50. The bike tumbled and slid about 150-200 feet on the left side. Miraculously, i rode the bike a block to my buddies house and loaded it in to his truck. My jacket took a beating but my helmet did not have a scratch on it. I couldn't believe it. I had swrewed up bad. i had looped it. So the zook went to the shop today where they put her out of her misery. Total loss. It was the cleanest 04 black and orange zook 600 in KC. IT WAS! Anyways. Loop, what a great word! Screwed up is a better explaination!
that sucks bro hope it works out ok wiht the bike :YEAH
Old 09-30-2004, 01:20 AM

dan gates can only hope to improve

i haven't looped it yet but come damn close
Old 09-30-2004, 02:53 AM
Who needs roads!?

GPcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear that bro, u have full coverage on that bitch i hope??
Old 09-30-2004, 08:05 AM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

ive looped... not fun at all...
Old 09-30-2004, 09:17 AM

Veggie Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

I've only flipped once - and it was definitely not a 12, it was most definitely a crash - wearing combats. That hurt for a while
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image29.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	100431  
Old 09-30-2004, 09:22 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by CBO
I know alot of people that say this when they LOOP IT on the highway or something riding power wheelies

I 12ed it last night.........NO U DIDNT U CRASHED
I loop wheelies all the time. I hit the bar, pull in the clutch, and try to make it look like I did that on purpose.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:34 AM

verticalfrank is a decent person

I loop my shoe laces
Old 09-30-2004, 11:15 AM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

never looped
Old 09-30-2004, 11:15 AM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

knock on wood
Old 09-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yea.. loopin sucks ***. There's picks of the carnage on here somewhere from when the gixxer looped. Did a couple cartwheels and some flips and crashed and slid. yea.. def wouldn't call it 12'n. and yes... ****ed up is a better explanation than "loop"
Old 09-30-2004, 02:55 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

YEh i would say that was a *** up
Old 09-30-2004, 02:56 PM

litreblade is an unknown quantity at this point

ouch...on an 04!

gonna buy a junker and go loopty loop on that instead of my 04 1kRR

i would cry like a little biatch

hope you ridin again
Old 09-30-2004, 03:12 PM

Jordo636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looped once so far on the highway, thank god I had a powers cage or my bike would be out of commission
Old 09-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

IMHO Screwing up can mean a lot of things. Nobody loops on purpose. So if you say you looped it, I think everyone knows you screwed up too.

He could have so saved that. ...
Old 09-30-2004, 06:16 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dela
IMHO Screwing up can mean a lot of things. Nobody loops on purpose. So if you say you looped it, I think everyone knows you screwed up too.

He could have so saved that. ...

the guys foot is NOwhere near the rear brake
Old 09-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verticalfrank
the guys foot is NOwhere near the rear brake
I was being sarcastic. It was not obvious enough?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:30 PM
F.T.P

crashing sucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ctchmy5point0
holy shnit dam sparks from sub frame
Old 09-30-2004, 10:40 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Looping has to be the most destructive crash. Flipping a stoppie is bad too.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:51 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

i looped my **** almost a month ago tomorrow, rockin 2nd gear 45 mph bout 3/4 of a mile i guess i just lost concentration and pushed it all the way back, my f2 has no rear fairings so it scraped my seat (those of you with an f2/f3 know how far that is) i guess i fell off the back, the bike fell on top of me, clip on smashed some bones above my left eye, and the road rash wasnt that bad just deep in a few spots...the head doc had to remove a tennis ball sized blood clot from behind my left eye, and i sat in ICU for nearly 2 weeks before i finally got a room and 2 days after i got a room they let me leave, now i can barely see out of my left eye, have massive scars on my head, my subframe was tweaked, bent both clipons, both switches (turnsignal and on off) clutch lever, clutch perch, alternator cover, both pegs on the left, and ripped my seat **** in the back of it, and a few other things, cant ride for 6 months because of the head injury (they call it massive trama to the head) and my vision they said would get back to normal by 6 months (its not gettin any better and i cant see **** at night) so while im down gonna take my bike apart and rebuild, paint hot pink and black, throw a 12 bar and cage on there (both sittin in my room) and other goodies, quite possibly mx bars if anyone can talk me into em...jsut thought i would throw in my on looping a bike...

Jeremy

Quick Reply: To loop a bike!