cages

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 10:46 PM

yamifizzer is an unknown quantity at this point
cages

does anyone know where i could find a cage for an 88fz600 and please tell me why i can't stoppie, it seems no matter how hard i smash on the brakes, the back end dosn't come up, i even lean forward on the tank to try to take the weight off the back end. i have dual disk w/ 2 piston stock calipers on it, please tell me what i can do
Old 09-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cages

Originally Posted by yamifizzer
does anyone know where i could find a cage for an 88fz600 and please tell me why i can't stoppie, it seems no matter how hard i smash on the brakes, the back end dosn't come up, i even lean forward on the tank to try to take the weight off the back end. i have dual disk w/ 2 piston stock calipers on it, please tell me what i can do

Well I'm far from bein a pro. But I guess I can give you some advice. Come in kinda hot... like high 2nd gear while you're learnin. Slowly squeeze the front brake to load the forks. then kinda "pop" the brakes... not too hard that you'll flip... just enough to bring the *** end up. then ride them softly to make it roll out. I'm not very good at it. but gettin it slowly. you're probably doin the same thing I was when I was tryin to learn them. Just continuously squeezing the brake harder and harder and wondering why it doesn't come up and you just come to a screaching halt. I'm sure some much more experienced people will be able to give you a better explanation of how to do it. but I'm bored so I figured I'd throw my in for ya. Good luck!
Old 09-29-2004, 11:10 PM

yungryder is a decent person
Re: cages

first I bounce my butt on the seat to preload the rear suspension, and the instant i rise back im on the brake..works for me, im not a pro or even close...