The Future of our "SPORT"

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Future of our "SPORT"

This was Originally Posted By: Rainman in another Thread

"Stay tuned... there are more plans in the works for 2005 to re-form a professional series. But here is the deal... if everyone supports it, the sport will succeed. If you don't it will fail. Your choice. (By the way... support included actually attending events as a competitor and/or a spectator.)

Here is the key... just as I have explained to everyone before...Two things that can jumpstart this sport and make it a viable media option:

Regional and National Championship events
* 3 regions (East, Central, West) with 6 events in each region which all pay regional points toward regional championships. The events can be already established events such as Stuntfest, etc.
* Select 2 events in each region to make up 6 national events. Those national events will host regional and national championship classes and pay regional and national points towards both championships.
* This provides credibility to regional teams, regional sponsors, and makes competing more financially viable for smaller teams (amateur or pro status).
* This also provides a credible national series that may be more attractive to the larger teams / riders and more nationally interested sponsors.
* Both series provide a viable media option for magazines, local papers, cable and network programming.

MotoFreestyle / USFreestyle (television based tour)
25 riders perform in main event per city
1st 10 riders chosen for the tour by management
5 more chosen by the top 10 riders
Total now of 15 riders
10 more are decided upon event qualifying to reach a total of 25.
Top 15 or all 25 riders receive compensation based on developed budgets.
Those 25 compete to make / select the top 10 riders for next city.

The new top 10 don't qualify for next city, nor do their choices for next 5.
This way the tour constantly changes players (theoretically) and stays diverse. However it may include the same 15-25 riders in each city. The event can be consistent weeks, or spaced throughout the year.

Find sponsor like Parts Unlimited / Speedrag / Icon / RedBull / Gatorade / Pepsi... etc to become a promotional sponsor. Financing should cover all promotional items such as posters, flyers, full time promotional staff (x2), tv production costs, purse money @ $25k (minimum) per round, insurance, track rentals, etc (additional $25k). Maybe budget $50k per round plus salaries and transportation for staffing. So probably $800k without tv production costs would produce a great series of 10 events. Then produce one video per round, so you now have 10 individual DVDs at 60 min each, with the option to produce several 2-pack and 5-pack units to sell as well that can help fund the series and provide larger purses the remaining year.

A series.

The future of street freestyle...
www.MotoFreestyle.org "

Can't wait to hear more from ya Rainman

Everyone Post up and Show Your Support for MotoFreestyle/ USFreestyle!!!!
Old 09-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Re: The Future of our "SPORT"

Some of the Biggest Steps are being taken to make this a "Real Sport" and no one has anything to say?

Finding this hard to believe!!!
Old 09-29-2004, 01:04 PM

dan gates can only hope to improve

i don't know, thats a lot to read. can't some one just tell me what to do and i'll do it
Old 09-29-2004, 01:21 PM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point

When an event is close to you (within a 10 hour drive)... go to the evnet. Does that make it simple enough for you?
Old 09-29-2004, 01:22 PM

By the way... I am mesmerized by Dan Gates avatar...
Old 09-29-2004, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by rainman
When an event is close to you (within a 10 hour drive)... go to the evnet. Does that make it simple enough for you?
yep! i think i already drive 2 hours. not good ebough to compete so i just spectate. i can drive ten hours thou
Old 09-29-2004, 01:30 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

10hrs is a bit much to spectate lol, couple hrs maybe buyt i support this sport much as I can
Old 09-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

the only thing needed to do is as rainman said: PARTICIPATE!!

everything is set up, from tv interest, to xgames interest, to major sponsor interest....BUT, they will not support something that is unorganized...

we are trying to 'organize' the sport into another national series.

the primary problem with XSBA was that no one showed up...you had a lot of big 'names' say they supported the sport, but never showed up to compete, and badmouthed the organization.

this is our second chance at a series organized by someone with umpteen years of motorcycle promotion, hundreds of legit contacts, and more wisdom and experience than just about anyone else in this industry that i know of....

with a national/regional series there is more incentive for sponsors to get involved because there will be more exposure, which in turn leads to more riders being supported which will eventually lead us where we want to go...

show up even if you 'think' you aren't the best, show up to COMPETE!!! without rider support, we will go nowhere!

as details emerge, everyone will be in the know....
Old 09-29-2004, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

everything is set up, from tv interest, to xgames interest, to major sponsor interest....BUT, they will not support something that is unorganized...

the primary problem with XSBA was that no one showed up...you had a lot of big 'names' say they supported the sport, but never showed up to compete, and badmouthed the organization.

this is our second chance at a series organized by someone with umpteen years of motorcycle promotion, hundreds of legit contacts, and more wisdom and experience than just about anyone else in this industry that i know of....

with a national/regional series there is more incentive for sponsors to get involved because there will be more exposure, which in turn leads to more riders being supported which will eventually lead us where we want to go...

show up even if you 'think' you aren't the best, show up to COMPETE!!! without rider support, we will go nowhere!

my actual 2 cents on this is that you really need to get the word out about the comps and ****. not every body with a bike is on sl. **** i have been riding dirt bikes since i was like 9 and i got a street bike *** son as i turned 16 but didn't know about stunt groups till i was about 18 and i didn't know about sl till a cuple months ago.

teach is right about the first try. i had heard about it and alot of the pros talked **** about the way it was set up. boo fricken hoo. you want it.? here is the second shot.

fans are extremely important too. the more people that know about a comp the more people will go. flyers, internet posts, and word of mouth are free and work the best.
like i said: you let me know what to do to help and i will do it
Old 09-29-2004, 02:21 PM

AMEN... and for future reference... 18 years of experience in sport bike competitions,operations and promotions.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:25 PM
go kill yourself

RecklessSteve is an unknown quantity at this point

thats some hard thinkin there but, im all for it
Old 09-29-2004, 02:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Kev900RR is an unknown quantity at this point

this sport will never be accepted, thanks to tony d and that no good P.O.S. kyle woods. Too much drama
Old 09-29-2004, 02:31 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay so when are the dates for these organized comps? I've been playing in touring bands since I was 12 years old, so I know a little something about getting large groups of people in the right place at the right time...I jsut need to know when and where, and I can get guys into the show to ride, and watch.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

tonyd and kyle woods episode does not reflect negatively on this sport-it presented an unknown thing to millions of fresh viewers and let the country know that this is for real....if those attitudes continue then yes, you are right.

we are in the 'setting up the venues' process right now...of course, dates will be announced as soon as they are known, but i doubt that all the dates will be finalized until after the sponsor season is over...so use the info you have for your 2005 sponsors and go from there until we know more.

forcefed-i may need your assistance or at least opinion on what you mentioned...will take care of iton pms...

Teach
Old 09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Regular StuntLifer

If there is a venue in the planning for Kansas City I'd love to help as much as possible. Legwork, phone calls, Flyers, getting local sponsors for the event, etc. PM me
Old 09-29-2004, 03:35 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

**** bring it down south too...houston or dallas, ud have a pretty big turnout for sure. whether it be stunting, fmx, or quad or fiddy stunting, a nice turnout indeed.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:41 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

forcefed-i may need your assistance or at least opinion on what you mentioned...will take care of iton pms...

Teach
Aight man i'm down for whatever, i'd like to help anyway I can.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kev900RR
this sport will never be accepted, thanks to tony d and that no good P.O.S. kyle woods. Too much drama
I'll still take Tony-D...
Old 09-29-2004, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by TimsKFX400
**** bring it down south too...houston or dallas, ud have a pretty big turnout for sure. whether it be stunting, fmx, or quad or fiddy stunting, a nice turnout indeed.
Houston, TX
Reliant Center
January 22
Freestyle MX & Street Freestyle
Old 09-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Regular StuntLifer

RoadStainR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be more than happy to help in any way that I can. anywhere in the northeast just give me a holler. I definately won't be competing.. but count on me for bitch work. I'm all about makin this **** big.. just in case I actually do get good one of these days! Plus I plan on opening a shop or two and connections can be made in **** like this! Bring it on!!

Quick Reply: The Future of our "SPORT"