The Future of our "SPORT"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:24 PM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Future of our "SPORT"

IMO i really hope this takes off, it just needs to start being promoed down here, and throughout every where, from import forum sites to possibly even radio. i honestly doubt ud get the best turnout without it. lol i heard about it today, and have already told 20+ people at my work, tomorrow ill start at school...maybe towards the end of the semester, ill hand out flyers, or get someone to make one on here, or email, and hpd, and whoever else in houston will definately try and get it out. then when i go back to school, in jan...ill hand out more. i honestly hope this takes off...it will definately be a big boost for the sport and the great riders involved...all i ask in return...keep the bs to urself, or hold it for ur mom until u get home, we dont wanna hear it.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:53 PM

ericgsxr is a decent person
Re: The Future of our "SPORT"

Originally Posted by thew750
Have you ever went to a comp, or watched a real stunt show?
I'm guessing, not. Its fun as hell, and can be very exciting to see how they can string thier runs together.

I'm no pro, but like you I "love to ride" and with that comes my love to watch people better than myself. I've learned more from watching than I ever could have by just going out and trying to do it on by own.

As for legal spots? With more and more acceptance of this sport there will be more and more legal spots to practice. As people become aware that this is actually a "Sport" they will slowly loose the impression we've given ourselves as hoodlums, thus them allowing us to practice on thier property. If the owner of a parking lot in your town watches Stuntriding on TV and enjoys what he sees, he would be more than happy to let you use his lot for practice, **** he'll prolly bring his family to watch. but for now we have to get the sport some well needed and deserved positive media attention.

A well organized tour of events and copmetitions can do just that. If you want "Stunt Parks" or "Legal Spots" you need to support the organization of this sport. It's the only way stuntriding will ever be accepted.

Yeah I've been to stunt shows, sort of.

They had three classes. Beginner, intermediate, and off da hook.

The off da hook guys of course were the parking lot junkies that was beyond the relm of what I could do, the intermediate was where I fell in. The beginners were just that, beginners looking to actually learn some tricks that day. We all paid to ride on the pavement. They had a competition for the off da hook guys and even let us intermediates compete against each other, still way under anything the pro's are pulling off right now. It was fun but still there was more riders then spectators. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on your idea, it sounds like a perfect world and all, just letting you know what you are up against.

There's a group of us that meet every Saturday at noon and we go bang out some wheelies, along with a few other things on the agenda. 75% of us don't even go to mid Ohio even though it's not all that far from our house, because to us it's just a few days we wouldn't get to ride in our favorite "spots" and practice getting chit on lock.

I'd love to be able to promote an "event" at the Muncie Dragway, one hour from my house in Muncie Indiana. The rent out the dragway for $500 week nights and $1000 for weekends. It wouldn't take too big of a crowd to recover the cost of admition... this would make a great spot for a national event, there is a large cluster of riders in the Muncie Indiana area, it's sort of a meca of sport bike riders.