The Future of our "SPORT"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Future of our "SPORT"

You get everything finalized, WE (stunters, sportbike enthusiasts,etc.) will make it HAPPEN!!!!

Any idea of what kind of timeframe to get everything finalized?
Old 09-30-2004, 03:17 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

this is the single most important event ever in the history of this sport. leave your egos and attitudes at home, for those that want to support, be there, those that dont care, dont go, but then dont run your mouth afterwords
Old 09-30-2004, 03:25 PM

Jordo636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its about ****ing time...we devote our ****ing lives to this sport. It's like no other sport out there and tons of people love to watch it. Stunt riding has all of the qualities to be an organized and televised sport. I will be there for sure...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:28 PM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW... The track that we were on with the XSBA will remain in tact. With a national ranking system that will not only signify a rider's overall points and point standing but also their performance index (batting average basically). So a rider may have finished 10th in points but has a 1.000 performance index diplaying that he has won 100% of the events that he enters.

What this does is it provides a fair and accurate way to rank everyone that competes with the series. You want national ranking, you compete. We will also include incentives for regional events to link to the national series.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jordo636
Its about ****ing time...we devote our ****ing lives to this sport. It's like no other sport out there and tons of people love to watch it. Stunt riding has all of the qualities to be an organized and televised sport. I will be there for sure...
Get with Pat Stevens and all of your local shops... and organize a ride to the stadium. We need the parking lot full of sport bikes to show the industry that we support the sport.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:35 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

I may just be buying a plane ticket to texas....
Old 09-30-2004, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak
I may just be buying a plane ticket to texas....
Good boy... now go back and play in the street.

j/k
Old 09-30-2004, 04:00 PM
That's right...I'm back..

Jynx750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kev900RR
this sport will never be accepted, thanks to tony d and that no good P.O.S. kyle woods. Too much drama
So tell me this....do you know Kyle Woods? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....but to me Kyle Woods is a very resectable person and in my opinion is a leader in this sport.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:38 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point

as good as this, it'll get ****ed up. all these events do someway or somehow. its just how stuntriding is.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RichieDubs
as good as this, it'll get ****ed up. all these events do someway or somehow. its just how stuntriding is.

well yes rich, you are right!!!

with that attitude yes, it will be effed up...

there are certain roadblocks and hurdles that have to be overcome in any type of venture, especially dealing with stunters, but IF we all work together towards the same goal, we will be heard.

MTV gave teh sport some much needed national mainstream exposure, now we just need to prove that we are worth the exposure and money...

people are watching to see what happens, if we continue on the path we are on now, this will never go anywhere...but if we take this other path presented to us here---the Houston event, as well as the in-process-organization of a Nationally sanctioned championship---we will prove ourselves worthy of what we want and then it is really on!

hopefully we get the support in 2005 that we didnt get in 2001-2003...in case no one noticed, 2004 was a backwards year for this 'sport'-i honestly felt like it was 2000 again with just a few comps here and there with no set rules or regulations and varying payouts and very, very little national media coverage....

without rider support in terms of competitors and supporters, we will be sunk...

an opportunity is presented, lets not make the same mistake twice-i know what side i'm on...do you??

-a very motivated Teach
Old 09-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jynx750
So tell me this....do you know Kyle Woods? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....but to me Kyle Woods is a very resectable person and in my opinion is a leader in this sport.

i'm just gonna leave this one alone-to each his own i guess!
if ya don't know, ya don't know....

Old 09-30-2004, 08:26 PM

squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

i think klye is a great rider & i'm proud to call him a friend !
Old 09-30-2004, 09:25 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squirrel
i think klye is a great rider & i'm proud to call him a friend !

That's cool, but no offense let's try to stay on subject here. And to all the people hating on these plans of making the sport mainstream you too can leave your comments to yourself. A lot of good people, put a lot of hard earned money, time and heart into this sport, and it's about time we see whos got the most heart, and then give them a little respect for it, and support them so they can keep riding, and keep making each time out on the bike crazier, and better than the last...
Old 09-30-2004, 09:40 PM

squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

it has nothing to with being cool, a comment was made & i stuck my in like everyone else... no negative or hating comments , just stating something positive about a friend
Old 09-30-2004, 09:56 PM

gsxrtigger is an unknown quantity at this point

There are mad stunters in Cali that are down for this. When the details and together and they need to be advertised, email me, pm me, or call me. SIC Riders are definitely down for the CAUSE!!!
Old 10-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Regular StuntLifer

I am very excited about what's happening with this sport.

For the most part it seems that everyone who posts here wants this to be a success. There will always be a few ******** that have to throw thier BS in so they can get the attention thier parents didn't give them.

We've all got a part in this now, for some this is a second chance to make this big, for the rest it will probably be the last chance.

Even if you don't have any intention of ever being a competitor you are on this site for one reason, you have some interest in stuntriding. Your interest in the sport alone should be enough to support it.

How cool would it be to kick back on a saturday afternoon flip on the TV and see "Professional Stuntriding" and know you were there before it ever started just to do your part to bring it to where it is.

Or walk outside and see a little kid riding his bike down the street trying to pop a wheelie screaming "I'm Teach" or "I'm Dan Jackson" or whoever is the next big name on 2 wheelz.

I think that would be

just my

PS Haters Please try to keep the BS to yourselves. Thankz

BTW squirrel, You got Mail
Old 10-01-2004, 01:35 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i think it would be pretty damn cool to see this sport finally move on.....it's bound to happen....just need the right opportunity, this sounds like the one!!
Old 10-03-2004, 11:08 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 10-04-2004, 03:35 AM

ericgsxr is a decent person

This might come off as negative but it needs to be said.

Ever went and just watched other people rollerskate for three hours? Pretty freakin boring huh? Ever watch a body building competition? Again, not exactly off da hook.

I'd rather "ride" in a 'stunt park' then compete, or for that matter watch a competition.

I know I'm not at the level that most of the guys on here are at, and I'm o.k. with that. I could stand about a 20 minute dose of watching the off da chain boyz pull off some sic chit, then I'd pretty much be just wanting my turn on the pavement.

Instead of trying to get 100's of us to travel 10 hours to watch 25 to 40 competitors... put the sport on tour and make it more of a spectator sport. If there was a legal place around here where I could pay $20 and get a few hours of practice without having to watch for 5-0 I'd probably be up a few notches on skillz, and I'd definitely be supporting the sport. Also, my friends, family, co-workers, fellow riders, etc, would be coming over to watch, not to watch you guys rolling 1000 foot stoppies, (no offense), but rather they be there to watch people they know showing off.

Everybody would be happy that way. Well, let me reword that... I'd be happy.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by ericgsxr
This might come off as negative but it needs to be said.

Ever went and just watched other people rollerskate for three hours? Pretty freakin boring huh? Ever watch a body building competition? Again, not exactly off da hook.

I'd rather "ride" in a 'stunt park' then compete, or for that matter watch a competition.

I know I'm not at the level that most of the guys on here are at, and I'm o.k. with that. I could stand about a 20 minute dose of watching the off da chain boyz pull off some sic chit, then I'd pretty much be just wanting my turn on the pavement.

Instead of trying to get 100's of us to travel 10 hours to watch 25 to 40 competitors... put the sport on tour and make it more of a spectator sport. If there was a legal place around here where I could pay $20 and get a few hours of practice without having to watch for 5-0 I'd probably be up a few notches on skillz, and I'd definitely be supporting the sport. Also, my friends, family, co-workers, fellow riders, etc, would be coming over to watch, not to watch you guys rolling 1000 foot stoppies, (no offense), but rather they be there to watch people they know showing off.

Everybody would be happy that way. Well, let me reword that... I'd be happy.

Have you ever went to a comp, or watched a real stunt show?
I'm guessing, not. Its fun as hell, and can be very exciting to see how they can string thier runs together.

I'm no pro, but like you I "love to ride" and with that comes my love to watch people better than myself. I've learned more from watching than I ever could have by just going out and trying to do it on by own.

As for legal spots? With more and more acceptance of this sport there will be more and more legal spots to practice. As people become aware that this is actually a "Sport" they will slowly loose the impression we've given ourselves as hoodlums, thus them allowing us to practice on thier property. If the owner of a parking lot in your town watches Stuntriding on TV and enjoys what he sees, he would be more than happy to let you use his lot for practice, **** he'll prolly bring his family to watch. but for now we have to get the sport some well needed and deserved positive media attention.

A well organized tour of events and copmetitions can do just that. If you want "Stunt Parks" or "Legal Spots" you need to support the organization of this sport. It's the only way stuntriding will ever be accepted.

Quick Reply: The Future of our "SPORT"