The Future of our "SPORT"

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Future of our "SPORT"

Can't wait, Gonna try to make it to Houston. I have some friends that live in the Woodlands not far from there. Gonna be

Got any plans for KC?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Regular StuntLifer

WOW!!! The future of our sport and a Thread about "Is a R6 Stuntable?" gets more replies. I don't understand...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:26 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

8 to 10 hrs - count CODE BLUE in. Let us know more details asap as far as qualifying, judging criteria, etc. ....and we will be in Houston.

thanks, Keith"Paw Paw"Buesing
Old 09-29-2004, 08:04 PM

dan gates can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by sclevela
ive flown 3 hrs................and driven 12............to support my friends and this sport..............all to be kicked in the teeth when it came time for my "peers to support me...............what have i learned from that............ill now fly 6 hrs.............and drive 24.........to support th ones who really matter!

teach and ken get me 3 lists

list 1) where and when...........as far in advance as possible............

list 2) what i can do to help

list 3) where teach wil be pickin me up on way to said events in list one when i run out of airline money and miles!
oh ya teach can you pick me up too, my car broke down and its too cold to ride the bike
Old 09-29-2004, 08:22 PM

VMCgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm down for helping with whatever I can here in the heart of the midwest. I just got done running a college team the past few years so believe me I'm used to getting things ready for a competition and I've got the organization thing DOWN. Just let me know what I can help with!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:26 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/m...4029%2C00.html

hmmmm I wonder if this houston stunt thing blows up big if we can be a part of this??

hmmmm woe is me
Old 09-29-2004, 08:36 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Rainman who is making up these rules/regulations as to how these events are run. The way I understand it is that you are selecting already existing stunt comps and making them sanctioned into kind a pro-tour, but are you going to make specific regulations for each event to follow? Also i'm worried about two things: One I don't really like how the top ten riders select the other five, I mean in reality what's going to stop them from selecting riders who aren't as good, thus making them easier to beat? Or selecting one of their friends. Also how are teams going to play into this. I think what's unique about OUR extreme sport is the team aspect of it. There really are no team events in Skateboarding, snowboarding, inline-skate, etc... any of that stuff. And I think coordinated routines with multiple riders/two-up is really cutting edge stuff. Kind of like ::cough::cough:: ballet on motorcycles. Just curious. Sorry if I sound ignorant about this stuff, I haven't been into the competing end of this sport too much, but the more I know about it, the more i can help it grow in my area. And I think what we really need is a few key people in each state to bring it to the masses where they're at, and then get connected on a national level, and from there international.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:08 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Count Me & Manny in!!! Representing NM
Old 09-30-2004, 12:10 AM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

let me no whats up with the east Ill get the word out as much as I can & def compet
Old 09-30-2004, 01:59 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

****ing game on brothers.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:17 AM
Regular StuntLifer

lsr740seditz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
****ing game on brothers.

watch some new riders come out of the woodwork

IM in

GAME ON

Last edited by FseditzE; 09-30-2004 at 02:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CBO
I have no future in this sport. I dont ride track that but maybe one day a year, so Im not involved with the movement so to speak. Call me a fan if everybody makes it. I'll still be here riding with my friends doing the same ****.

you said it, no one else did....it is apparent that you don't get it, so you probably will be left behind, although that is YOUR choice...sad thing is ANYONE can be successful at this, all it takes is the right attitude...riding track or street has nothing to do with this.

as a matter of fact, the Houston invite comp is probably going to include street obstacles and a street setting....and will be judged by professionally paid FMX riders who will be educated on the streetfreestyle portion of the event.

and as to Thomas' link-if this houston thing goes well, we def could be involved with that tour...

forcefed: the tour type thing is just an idea (and very possible at that), but first we need to bring back a national championship...the judging will be based basically on the xsba (USFreestyle) rules: variation, execution, difficulty, and overall run....the main thing for 2005 as far as judging is concerned is to educate the judges and the riders on the rules.

all of this is a possibility, it is just up to the RIDERS to unify and support this effort.

Teach
Old 09-30-2004, 11:32 AM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak
Hey Rainman who is making up these rules/regulations as to how these events are run. The way I understand it is that you are selecting already existing stunt comps and making them sanctioned into kind a pro-tour, but are you going to make specific regulations for each event to follow? Also i'm worried about two things: One I don't really like how the top ten riders select the other five, I mean in reality what's going to stop them from selecting riders who aren't as good, thus making them easier to beat? Or selecting one of their friends. Also how are teams going to play into this. I think what's unique about OUR extreme sport is the team aspect of it. There really are no team events in Skateboarding, snowboarding, inline-skate, etc... any of that stuff. And I think coordinated routines with multiple riders/two-up is really cutting edge stuff. Kind of like ::cough::cough:: ballet on motorcycles. Just curious. Sorry if I sound ignorant about this stuff, I haven't been into the competing end of this sport too much, but the more I know about it, the more i can help it grow in my area. And I think what we really need is a few key people in each state to bring it to the masses where they're at, and then get connected on a national level, and from there international.
Teach is on point. Understand that my original rules for the XSBA were based on the rules for our FMX program. There have been and will be small tweaks from there... but a good base for knowing and understanding what to expect from all regulations... from bike preparation, to safety gear, to judging.

Stay tuned... and listen to your "TEACH"er.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
http://www.transworldmotocross.com/m...4029%2C00.html

hmmmm I wonder if this houston stunt thing blows up big if we can be a part of this??

hmmmm woe is me
Shut up dude... you know you're in.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Something was mentioned earlier in this thread about Team events/ Team points.

Can something be put to together to have a "Team Copmetition" that could go side by side with the individual points totals. Maybe just take the team's riders and compile the total points accumlated through the season by say a designated 4-5 riders. In the end you could have two champions, a championship team, and the overall individual champion.

IMO For the most part stunting wouldn't be @ the level it is today without the help and support of groups of riders helping eachother progress and learn new things. They too should be rewarded.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:39 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

i drove 26 hours just to watch at stuntwars.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by thew750
Something was mentioned earlier in this thread about Team events/ Team points.

Can something be put to together to have a "Team Copmetition" that could go side by side with the individual points totals. Maybe just take the team's riders and compile the total points accumlated through the season by say a designated 4-5 riders. In the end you could have two champions, a championship team, and the overall individual champion.

IMO For the most part stunting wouldn't be @ the level it is today without the help and support of groups of riders helping eachother progress and learn new things. They too should be rewarded.

Of course... In our race program it's a team owner program which also has a point fund of it's own at the end of the year. Teams register at throughout the year (primarily at the beginning) and they assign riders who will earn the team points toward the team national championship. They may also appoint different team members though the year, however only 2 per event to be fair.

The Team Owner Program (TOP) also gets preferred treatment at the track, advanced registration and move-in times, preferred paddock space, and of course are built into more advertising campaigns.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by rainman
Of course... In our race program it's a team owner program which also has a point fund of it's own at the end of the year. Teams register at throughout the year (primarily at the beginning) and they assign riders who will earn the team points toward the team national championship. They may also appoint different team members though the year, however only 2 per event to be fair.

The Team Owner Program (TOP) also gets preferred treatment at the track, advanced registration and move-in times, preferred paddock space, and of course are built into more advertising campaigns.
@ this point, and I know you're still in the early phases, what steps have been taken towards obtaining national sponsors for the tour. Such as the Nextel Cup. Have you received any offers to name a sole national sponsor and do you have any information available for such corporate powerhouses that could fill these roles?

How much are you relying on the Houston comp to move this forward? Because if you're putting "all your poop in one sock" for the Houston Competition more needs to be done throughout the country with everybody involved to make it the "Success" we need. By that I mean that Jan. isn't too far off and we need EVERYONE involved in the sport to be as involved in getting the turnout in Houston as possible. But to do this we need information. Flyers, websites, etc. any and all information possible will be the key to making this BIG.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:21 PM

@ this point, and I know you're still in the early phases, what steps have been taken towards obtaining national sponsors for the tour. Such as the Nextel Cup. Have you received any offers to name a sole national sponsor and do you have any information available for such corporate powerhouses that could fill these roles?
As always, we have interested parties, but they will not commit without seeing anything and seeing the publics response, as well as their guaranteed exposure.

How much are you relying on the Houston comp to move this forward? Because if you're putting "all your poop in one sock" for the Houston Competition more needs to be done throughout the country with everybody involved to make it the "Success" we need. By that I mean that Jan. isn't too far off and we need EVERYONE involved in the sport to be as involved in getting the turnout in Houston as possible. But to do this we need information. Flyers, websites, etc. any and all information possible will be the key to making this BIG.
The event is being finalized, formats reviewed and approved, and operation expenses budgeted. Once all of that is final, it will be posted on the sites, flyers generated, etc.

To possibly see the sport in the AST Gravity Games tour, yes... Houston is it. Houston is THE one opportunity, sponsors or not. There needs to be a huge turn-out of support. Riders, fans, etc... the parking lot needs to be full of sportbikes.

Quick Reply: The Future of our "SPORT"