How has Stunt Riding taken a toll on your body?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 06:52 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
How has Stunt Riding taken a toll on your body?

Just curious to hear how stunt riding has taken a toll on your body? Most importantly how all the past accidents/crashes affect your riding today? This probably pertains more to those that have been in the game for awhile, as it takes time for most injuries to catch-up to you. I have been doing this for a good 4yrs now and feel like I am 26 going on 80. I think my main downfall to stunt riding is having a bad back. After a solid day of riding I can barley bend over the next day.

It's nice to see the negative side of this sport too. This way people/beginning riders don't think it just all fun and games all the time. So lets hear it....either it is previous leg injuries, hand, back, etc how is it affecting you and your riding today?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:17 AM

150grl is a decent person
Re: How has Stunt Riding taken a toll on your body?

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
Just curious to hear how stunt riding has taken a toll on your body? Most importantly how all the past accidents/crashes affect your riding today? This probably pertains more to those that have been in the game for awhile, as it takes time for most injuries to catch-up to you. I have been doing this for a good 4yrs now and feel like I am 26 going on 80. I think my main downfall to stunt riding is having a bad back. After a solid day of riding I can barley bend over the next day.

It's nice to see the negative side of this sport too. This way people/beginning riders don't think it just all fun and games all the time. So lets hear it....either it is previous leg injuries, hand, back, etc how is it affecting you and your riding today?

but your body looks fine to me
Old 09-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Speedballer is an unknown quantity at this point

I quite roadracing cause it was getting to be too physically demanding to stay competitive, and carpal tunnel was plaguing me during races.

Stunting seemed to be the only way to go, so i started this summer. Far easier physically, but am busting the **** out of myself...so I guess it all evens out.
3 crashes and three breaks in the last 6 weeks...rib, then ankle, then collarbone. Still can't get the slow **** down

I think I am going back to roadraing next season
Old 09-29-2004, 08:12 AM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

My legs hurt from spreaders.......I should start stretching before riding.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:24 AM

Jay6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by 150grl
BW
Old 09-29-2004, 08:36 AM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 150grl
Old 09-29-2004, 08:40 AM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't like to crash so it rarely happens to me. the only thing that bothers me after 4 years of doing this is if i hit my knee then i'm lucky if i can walk. back gets sore every now and then.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Speedballer
I quite roadracing cause it was getting to be too physically demanding to stay competitive, and carpal tunnel was plaguing me during races.

Stunting seemed to be the only way to go, so i started this summer. Far easier physically, but am busting the **** out of myself...so I guess it all evens out.
3 crashes and three breaks in the last 6 weeks...rib, then ankle, then collarbone. Still can't get the slow **** down

I think I am going back to roadraing next season

ahh a fellow lover of going fast!!

stunting has in the past hurt me: broken bones, of course, and roadrash...the impact is permanent though-my foot will never work the same again after i crushed it learning 12's, even though i can still hoop it up and run, etc...

the biggest difference is i always try and wear my gear and i take baby steps instead of just going for it...i dont like to crash, i dont wanna crash, and i try hard not to crash. i can never understand how some people just wreck their bikes over and over---baby steps for me!!

PEach
Old 09-29-2004, 09:30 AM

Jay6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
ahh a fellow lover of going fast!!

stunting has in the past hurt me: broken bones, of course, and roadrash...the impact is permanent though-my foot will never work the same again after i crushed it learning 12's, even though i can still hoop it up and run, etc...

the biggest difference is i always try and wear my gear and i take baby steps instead of just going for it...i dont like to crash, i dont wanna crash, and i try hard not to crash. i can never understand how some people just wreck their bikes over and over---baby steps for me!!

PEach
You have taken a whole hell of a lot of baby steps then
Old 09-29-2004, 09:57 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

For me you have to figure in all the other **** that I've hurt myself on over the years. Bicycles, skateboards, 4-wheelers, streetbikes, etc. My knees always bother me from a nasty 4-wheeler wreck racing flattrack. Hands and wrists from working on cars and stuff since I can remember. Back from being tall and dong stupid ****. You get the idea.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:03 AM

miked is an unknown quantity at this point

my knees are completely shot. hurts every day and probably will forever.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:57 AM

Dj Reversal is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm .. just started scraping, only fell once, and it wasnt really a fall i hoped off the bike and basicaly let the bike go, and it just cut my calf with the bar a little bit.. other then that i been good..

baby steps yes.. too me bout 6 months to learn how to scrape and do slow wheelies, and i can only do em sitting down, i have yet to try standups, most riding is in a parking lot also so i dont go down and get run ova..

only thing i noticed from riding so much in general, is my wrists hurting.my left wrist is all messed up.

Mark
Old 09-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

My knees are wrecked from snowboarding. The only thing bad that happened to me is my wrists and sometimes my whole arms would go numb in the middle of the night. I bought a raptor lever and stopped riding 3 hours EVERY night and it went away. Same thing happened to my roomate who rode just as often at the time.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:02 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

For the longest time i have had left wrist-forearm-and elbow problems. It feels like my arm is gonna fall off in the middle of the night! Lately i've been having BAD back problems. Sh*t sux but what can i do? I love doing what i do WAY to much.
My arm feels like it has aids and my back feels like it has rickets
Old 09-29-2004, 12:17 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

I now have an almost permanent limp thanks to a 12 attempt gone bad... My knee is **** out the game... But I manage to make the limp look cool.

It also seriously affects my riding because since Its my brake side leg and that's where all my weight is usually resting I can't wheelie for **** because I'm still unable to put full weight on it.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:31 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
I now have an almost permanent limp thanks to a 12 attempt gone bad... My knee is **** out the game... But I manage to make the limp look cool.

It also seriously affects my riding because since Its my brake side leg and that's where all my weight is usually resting I can't wheelie for **** because I'm still unable to put full weight on it.
you cant be a pimp if you cant pimp da limp....
i used to race moto cross untill i was 17 and bent my right kneecompletely the wrong way, then i ttok up street bikes and totallt f'ed my body up. both knees always hurt, shoulders, lower back definitly. my right hip is ****ed from getting slammed between the bike and the road on a 12 gone really bad. im going on 29 but i feel like im 60.... just cant move around as well anymore and a long day of stunting usually takes 2 or more days to re coup...
Old 09-29-2004, 12:47 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

knees hurt once in a while.....but the clutch hand is gonna get caroptunal(sp?) some times that **** burns all the way up to my elbow.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:49 PM

gsxrgurl600 is a decent person

my right knee hurts all the time and my lower back from the spill i took @ the startboyz show.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:53 PM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that it's a stupid idea... but what if everyone would actually wear the right gear when they rode? Helmets, leather, knee/shin guards, "Bohn" protective pads, and more protective boots...

You can still keep your "street style" and look cool, but you are actually safer when you ride, perform and/or practice.

Just a dumb idea...

Quick Reply: How has Stunt Riding taken a toll on your body?