Yamaha R6 Stuntable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:13 PM

onlineshowoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Yamaha R6 Stuntable?

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just recently got a R6 and I have been messing around with it. And a few buddies of mine have GSX-R's and it seems like when pull wheelies, its much easier. Is my bike just weak? Is there anything I can do to make the front come up alittle easier? Thanks
Old 09-27-2004, 09:16 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve
Re: Yamaha R6 Stuntable?

just learn to clutch it up and practice like hell.read the sticky thread at the top help and how too.you'll learn a lot there if you take it all in and practice right,also if your bike is brand brand new id say get a crash cage..if your going to stunt it your prolly gonna lay it down sooner or later and a cage will save you $$$$$ big time
Old 09-27-2004, 09:21 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Originally Posted by onlineshowoff
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just recently got a R6 and I have been messing around with it. And a few buddies of mine have GSX-R's and it seems like when pull wheelies, its much easier. Is my bike just weak? Is there anything I can do to make the front come up alittle easier? Thanks

definately not weak. like he said read that thread on how to wheelie. my gsxr 6 comes up super easy you just have to know how. i also went down -1 in the front and + 1 in the rear and now its a wheelie monster
good luck
\cody
Old 09-27-2004, 09:25 PM

When you guys clucth it up..what rpm are you going to? Im taking it around 9g. I will definately look into a cage. How much would it cost me to go -1 and +1? WOuld I have to get a new chain?
Old 09-27-2004, 09:33 PM
BOOBS

When you guys clucth it up..what rpm are you going to? Im taking it around 9g. I will definately look into a cage. How much would it cost me to go -1 and +1? WOuld I have to get a new chain?

im not sure what im clutching it up at i dont really look at the tach.. maybe like5 or 6.

i did a 520 conversion on mine so it also gets ride of unsprung weight. = more power. but i think i got mine for no more than 150$. if you do that though it will power up in first gear no problem.
\cody
Old 09-27-2004, 09:36 PM

wow..only 5-6g? I dont think I'd ever be able to get up in that low of RPM..
Old 09-27-2004, 09:36 PM
BOOBS

oh and i would only get a cage if you plan on stuntin it. but id you want to go for canyon jams like i do then i would worry about it scapin. hey that might look cool at night though with the sparks. :YEAH
Old 09-27-2004, 09:38 PM
BOOBS

wow..only 5-6g? I dont think I'd ever be able to get up in that low of RPM..

like i said im not really paying attention to the tach but with that gearing it comes up pretty easy i know i power it up in first around 5 or 6.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:41 PM

sweet..thanks for all the info!
Old 09-27-2004, 09:43 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

i can clutch or power mine up at around 4k rpms and my bike is underpowered and overweight its really all in how you do it. give a dude that knows how to wheelie a ninja250 and he'll rock it. give a newbie a gsxr1000 and they wont be able to wheelie it..or something to that nature its all about its done. also try bouncing it a little and tugging on the bars
Old 09-27-2004, 09:44 PM
BOOBS

sweet..thanks for all the info!
no worries good luck and be safe.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:45 PM
BOOBS

hey if your ever down in riverside area hit me up. we'll go for a ride or something. mostly street squids around here.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:57 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

see avatar (2000 r6)
Old 09-27-2004, 09:58 PM
BOOBS

Originally Posted by catach42
see avatar (2000 r6)
P.I.M.P :YEAH
Old 09-27-2004, 10:03 PM

boostnm3 is a decent person

I have an 01 R6. It just takes time and practice. When my bike was stock, i could clutch it up easily. When i was learning i would try watching the tach and clutching it up. Usually this method would mess me up. With stock gearing i could clutch up around 6k. The best thing to do is go by engine sound. My wheelies got much smoother as well as more consistent. If you watch your take, your throwing your concentration off. Now i went down 1 and up 2 in the rear and i can clutch it up in 4th with a bounce. The best thing i have noticed is, dont speed up then let off the gas and pause then clutch it up. This will just make you jump the front end to high and scare you. Just accelerate and while accelerating in a split second pull clutch in and release. In that same movement give just a little more gas. Comes up much smoother that way. Practice first gear power wheelies. Remember time and practice. Dont expect to go out there and ride a mile long wheelie your first couple of times. Start small and get higher and farther each time. Good luck and be careful.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:58 PM

boostnm3 is a decent person

Oh and one thing i forgot to mention is that a Yamaha R6 has a high balance point compared to most bikes so that will make riding a wheelie a little scarier.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:19 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boostnm3
Oh and one thing i forgot to mention is that a Yamaha R6 has a high balance point compared to most bikes so that will make riding a wheelie a little scarier.
i did a bp standup 2dae for the first time in about a month (been rockin slow ****) and holy **** did bp feel low. i remember before i learned slow stuff how high it felt, but ever since i learned coasters i have trouble stayin low enuf. as long as u have the reflex to use the brake its all in good fun
Old 09-27-2004, 11:24 PM

ejmack is an unknown quantity at this point

Works for me

Old 09-27-2004, 11:26 PM

jlev is an unknown quantity at this point

i have an 03 r6 and i can clutch em up in 1st gear at 4 grand. im going about 15 mph and im just learning and at that speed you can have more ***** then high speeds. also get a stunt cage. i bought the racing 905 and hated it. the way the engine bolt is the cage is way to close to your shins and you will bang them up all day. and returned it and bought a freestyle ingenuity cage and absolutely love it. no problems. i cant even tell its there when riding.
just practice. thats what i am doing

also a side question...
my boy also has the 03 r6 and he was 12 o clocking yesterday and his engine froze up on him. is this normal or just a random accident. caz he called me and asked how many r6 i have seen 12'd before and even with all the stunt vidz i have i havent really seen an r6 12'd. im pretty sure it could be done but i want to know how to 12 sooner or later
Old 09-27-2004, 11:29 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Yamaha R6 Stuntable?

Originally Posted by catach42
i did a bp standup 2dae for the first time in about a month (been rockin slow ****) and holy **** did bp feel low. i remember before i learned slow stuff how high it felt, but ever since i learned coasters i have trouble stayin low enuf. as long as u have the reflex to use the brake its all in good fun
what's your gearing?

Quick Reply: Yamaha R6 Stuntable?