What makes people say... WOW!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 11:02 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person
Re: What makes people say... WOW!!!!

in a way you cant say its sad because the crowed likes danger if you wanna make it somewhere like most ask "where is this sport going" give them what they wanna see and youll make it somewhere... tell me do you watch something that bored you.... take curling for example there is all kinds of skill and practice put into that but its boring as hell then you take a demolition derby and you get all kinds of people cheering
make it exciting for the crowed and you bring the people.... do the technical for yourself
Old 09-25-2004, 12:47 AM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wangsta6
in a way you cant say its sad because the crowed likes danger if you wanna make it somewhere like most ask "where is this sport going" give them what they wanna see and youll make it somewhere... tell me do you watch something that bored you.... take curling for example there is all kinds of skill and practice put into that but its boring as hell then you take a demolition derby and you get all kinds of people cheering
make it exciting for the crowed and you bring the people.... do the technical for yourself
i think this is the smartest thing ive seen on this site ever HANDS DOWN!
Old 09-25-2004, 12:49 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

vagina
Old 09-25-2004, 12:52 AM

Billyt is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a stunter in training. But really just started following stunting .I will tell you first hand what makes people say wow. HIghway wheelies and high highchairs. That ***** looks crazy.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're getting some good stuff here!!!

Now this is what I wanted. WOW is Cool. Circles are difficult, yes, but an Ape Hanger makes people go- "Holy-****!!!" Burnouts make people happy. WRECKS RULE!!!! DESTRUCTION, DESTRUCTION, DESTRUCTION!!!!! it's what sells. People don't watch Nascar to see who wins they watch to see who wrecks.

With every comp we do, we get more and more difficult and techinical.

But, think, what you spend money for.... For someone to make you go "WOW"

WOW SELLS.

Evil Knevil sold the WOW. Were his stunts difficult, somewhat, but they made people say, WOW.

This Sport, Lifestyle, Hobby, or Whatever has serious potential to go mainstreem but we need to get back to the WOW!!!

This very same thing was said numerous times in this thread, but for some reason we continue to try to impress eachother and not the masses.

Lets keep making people say WOW!!!! Did you see that?

Keep postin your replies!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 04:25 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the last man standing event the starboys put on.. sitting highchair and trying to kick everyone else over!! I cant wait to get my boys and try this.. should make for some intresting footage!!
Old 09-25-2004, 10:14 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

The crowd goes wild when I do a trick and then beat them my hockey stick
Old 09-25-2004, 01:31 PM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

we always get mobbed after doing tandem. they think a chick hangin' off the bike is crazy. people always dig burnouts. fits hand in hand with the death, destruction, mayhem wow factor.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:16 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

ive gotten the most reactions on the street from doing crists/seat stands/surfing, or the simplest of them all Skitching, people are always freakin out when i got skitchen past them, the technical stuff just doesnt appeal to them they see a wheely and are like oh cool, but there all the same to them they dont relize the skill it takes to control the bike in different positions. Im new to the stunting seen so untill i started learning wheelies i didnt really relize how much skill and time it takes to even keep a wheelie in the BP, let alone do it from different positions on the bike.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

I followed the NHRA circut last year doing stunt shows for 40,000+ drunk rednecks per event and i can definatley say that the crowd likes danger. the most common compliments we got were from haulin *** highspeed: endos, flamingo and crossovers. phatty burnouts got em cheering.. but seemed to me their fav part of a burnout isnt the combo dancing burno style i love but the simple get off the bike and rev her to the moon and let the **** explode style... christ airs and handstand will also get em throwin their beer up high..

i did a show with darius and alex last Aug at infinieon speedway in sonoma CA. it was myself, Aaron Bryd, Darius, Alex, n Nasty (there is vid from it in servin it up 2) aaron n i roll into town from vegas all pumped this was like our 8th NHRA even that year we thought we were all cool and pumped. we go practice on the track with Darius n alex, (never met him prior, hadnt even fully watched servin it up 1 at that point) my friend aaron starts workin on 600 ft endos and im spreaders n coffins.. i see darius roll in and his first wheelie was a no handed sit down.. aaron n i freaked.. like duh never seen that before.... then they started rockin coasters n some sketty 1-2 circles me n aaron were trippin, had never seen this **** before was totally stoked... after the show(s) (we did like 6 that day) some mullet rockin redneck came up to me, n aaron and was like "damn the other boys dont know how to do the fast wheelies like u kids do?" totally made me feel like a punk but proves my point.. the crowd doesnt know. during one show (i had to sit one out i blew a case covers (pre-cage time) I walked out onto the track and watched.
darius was on the left rockin a circle and the crowd was like semi interested aaron came by in a christ and the crowd applaused.. coulndt believe it but its true!!!

kane
Old 09-25-2004, 08:24 PM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
The crowd goes wild when I do a trick and then beat them my hockey stick
Old 09-25-2004, 08:31 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally love the look of a good, tight, stand-up circle or two.