What is the best method to dent the tank in and keep all the paint on the tank, lol?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 12:26 AM

boostnm3 is a decent person
What is the best method to dent the tank in and keep all the paint on the tank, lol?

Ive gotten enough dents from coming down off a highchair. Im finally going to dent the tank in. What is the best way? Should i just get a rubber mallet and start beating it in or what? I would like to keep as much of the paint if not all intact. Also, how low can i dent it without the gas lid touching the inside? Hopefully this will help my highchairs as well as nerves. Thanks
Old 09-24-2004, 12:29 AM

dan gates can only hope to improve
Re: What is the best method to dent the tank in and keep all the paint on the tank, lol?

you hand and your *** as the hammer, seen it on judgement day 2 and my buds house, maywork a little better if you put a towel over the tank also
Old 09-24-2004, 10:10 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: What is the best method to dent the tank in and keep all the paint on the tank, lol?

Take a 2x6 and cut it to the exact shape of your *** bone. Then hold it in the right spot and hit it with a mallet.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:06 PM

QuickSilverBusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Towel and a mallet....
Old 09-24-2004, 04:18 PM

just get a spare tank, use the spare as the dented one, you'll want the good one for long rides.

when you dent the tank in you lose up to a gallon of gas
Old 09-24-2004, 04:21 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

high chair stoppies worked well to dent mine...after about 5 good ones, it was perfect.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:27 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

there's no way to dent it in and not chip paint. another good way to dent it in is to stand on the tank and drop down to feet over. It's almost impossible to dent in the tank without the gas cap opening touching the inside. a lot of guys I ride with dent the tank and then paint it after
Old 09-24-2004, 04:29 PM

i would be nice if you sent it to a shop and had a custom *** job done on it
Old 09-24-2004, 10:51 PM

boostnm3 is a decent person

haha yeah i wish i could have a custom *** job. I think ill search ebay for a dented up tank from a wrecked bike and just start pounding away with the mallet. Thanks for all the replies guys. :YEAH