Off-duty cop claims to see me doing a wheelie..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 09:54 PM

MustangThief is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Off-duty cop claims to see me doing a wheelie..

The thing that really pisses me off about this is pretty much everyone is saying "he shouldn't issue the ticket since he had no rider identity"

Well when I pulled up he had the ticket WRITTEN OUT and he was going to LEAVE IT ON MY DOOR. Like seriously, how much bullshit is that?

I almost wish he would have, because that would have been a joke in court, now that we went through all this bullshit he can say he had his own investigation and believed me to be the culprit. (i'm just taking stabs here)

I'm 100% pissed about this, i'm considering going to his watch commander tomorrow and telling him if he continues with this i'm filing a civil suit and harassment charges.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:12 AM

NickIF is an unknown quantity at this point

easy, next time dont answer the door when you see it's the police, he will leave adventually... matter of fact sit in the window and laugh at him

especially if you had a helmet on, there's no way they can ID you
Old 09-23-2004, 11:13 AM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GixxerNick
easy, next time dont answer the door when you see it's the police, he will leave adventually... matter of fact sit in the window and laugh at him

especially if you had a helmet on, there's no way they can ID you
i just say you have no permission to be here so unless you have a warrant get the **** off my doorstep before i call the sheriff and press tresspassin charges.....so far thats worked for the time being but i usually have a sheriff on my doorstep the following day or a squad posted on the end of my block

eventually they give up
Old 09-23-2004, 11:42 AM

hot magma is a decent person

many years ago I had a cop who hated me sho up at my house at 8am on thursday and handed me a 85 in a 50 ticket that supposedly happened on the previous monday at 7:30 am. At that point in my life I was bouncing at a few bars and doing a lot of drugs. I would get home before 5am and never wake up before noon. I plead not guilty went to court the judge fouind me guilty i lost my license for 18 months (3rd speeding ticket in 18 months)
the morale of the story is cops lie and judges are a--holes

support the starboys buy a "cops lie" shirt and send it to your local police department, I do.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Regular StuntLifer

thew750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't matter what state your in, the only time a moving violation can be served on you is @ the time of the violation unless the violation accompanies a eluding violation. You didn't run cause you didn't know you were caught. FTP and *** Lawyers they'll just take yo money you only need a lawyer after you get a ticket so don't go callen' one yet they're just gonna tell you that you need a lawyer and they need $$$$$$$$
Old 09-23-2004, 02:12 PM

ezpotic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thew750
Doesn't matter what state your in, the only time a moving violation can be served on you is @ the time of the violation unless the violation accompanies a eluding violation. You didn't run cause you didn't know you were caught. FTP and *** Lawyers they'll just take yo money you only need a lawyer after you get a ticket so don't go callen' one yet they're just gonna tell you that you need a lawyer and they need $$$$$$$$
umm...i've gotten numerous tickets in the mail....u ever hear of certified mail?
Old 09-23-2004, 02:35 PM

Elementum Vita is an unknown quantity at this point

Well sir, you have nothing to worry about. First off he cannot issue a moving violation a day later and it doesn't matter what state he is in unless he has this on video. The reason people have gotten tickets in the mail is normally by the planes or helicopters they use to video you speeding. Secondly he can't issue a citation without positive ID of the driver. Third he cannot take your bike, that is private property and unless you are on a public road at the time of the infraction that would be grand theft. Don't go spending money on a lawyer, you don't need to do anything, it is not your job to find out who was on your bike, that is his job. What I would do is get his badge number call his Supervisor and report the harrassment. Besides that you do not need to speak with him at all. I would defintely not worry, sounds like an angry man that is not getting any at home. If he had any sort of proof of you doing whatever he wouldn't have waisted time debating with you. You'd have a ticket and he'd have your bike. He's hoping that you will be intimidated by him and just give in. And you can take my advice I have a JD and practiced law for 2 years prior to my new job. Have fun and ride safe
Old 09-23-2004, 02:51 PM

dublife is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a situation where i had to haul ****, i swear i didn't see the lights behind me. but the next wee this cop saw mike bike parked at my house and was out there looking at it. i went outside and he asked if it was my bike, i told him it was and he told me that i ran from him (last week).
he layed into me and gave me the bs about writing me some tickets. he asked for my license and ins, which i didnt have at the time, gave me some bs about impounding my bike. but he could not actuaLLY prove it was me. he had my license plate and everything but i just keptr denying it. finally her just left and told me that if he same me riding again he was going to impound my bike. nothing eber came of it. i think this cop is full of bs.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:57 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

Originally Posted by 929 on 12
Just a few comments: Yes they actually do read this stuff, and some also ride. No they are not all fat, bald and sexually frustrated!. Now for the advice, while your friend takes his foot out of his mouth. Depending on the state you are in: The Officer is never off duty, would you like him, or her, to ... etc, etc, etc .... ...... You can also go on line and read the traffic statutes in your state. Dont kill the messenger in response to this info, I was reading over someones shoulder and had to comment. Ride smart and ride safe. :YEAH
This is BY FAR the most correct response so far. Of course, laws vary by state, so when people INSIST they know the way it is in your state, it's pretty much garbage. But in any state, the biggest thing, is that they have to be able to PROVE that it was YOU on the bike. As long as you have a rock solid alibi, you are clear. You may have to go to court, it might cost you money, but the judge will agree that without proof, this ticket will not stick.

Also, as far as impounding your bike, I'm 99% sure that's a bluff. but if they really try, and if it's in the garage, not in "plain sight" (ie, put a sheet over it if you have windows)... they need a search warrant to come and get it.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:06 PM

Buddie is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a story like this happen execpt it was from a reg citizen. So a cop shows up at my house saying they got a call i was doing a wheelie and being very dangerous on the road, and he is going to have to take me in for questioning. I was like wtf so I asked him if she can do that to me then i can just call the police on someone if I don't like the way they look and say they were driving very dangerously and you will go take them in to question them? He said yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to go to court and the judge tried to scare me but then it got dropped cause it was my word against hers!! Not all cops are bad guys, just like any job your going to have your power hungry guys that think they are god, but I think most are fair, at least from my past run in's
Old 09-23-2004, 09:10 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

be carful some cops and departments are real dirty, a couple of my boys got their *** kicked by cops when they ran and got away they found them later and beat the **** out of them. the supervisor was there also. if there are no witnesses and no rodney king video tape your f****d.better than a reckless i guess?
Old 09-23-2004, 10:42 PM

BlueR1der is an unknown quantity at this point

Im probably lil too late to respond, but I was riding a wheelie on the freeway when some off duty cop saw me, he cought up to me and showed me his badge and was pointing me to pull over. I showed him a finger and kept riding.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:02 AM

XChris1632X is an unknown quantity at this point

where in ohio are you located, city and state. my step dad is friends with a couple columbus police officers and highway patrol men who just happen to be his neighbors and they told me to find out what city and what county you were in and what kind of police officer it was(local or sherrif) and they said they would let me know what they thought.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:35 AM

MustangThief is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XChris1632X
where in ohio are you located, city and state. my step dad is friends with a couple columbus police officers and highway patrol men who just happen to be his neighbors and they told me to find out what city and what county you were in and what kind of police officer it was(local or sherrif) and they said they would let me know what they thought.
I'm in Lorain County , Ohio.

It's like 15 minutes from Cleveland.

To update you all I didn't call the officer back yesterday, so probably today he's gonna call or stop by again, or, maybe....let it go.

He was a Deputy, and his patrol car is just a "Sherriff" vehicle.