Off-duty cop claims to see me doing a wheelie..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 05:50 PM

Luke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Off-duty cop claims to see me doing a wheelie..

Originally Posted by MustangThief
*IF* I end up getting screwed on this and getting a ticket i swear to God i'm moving to another country.
Yea, move to Iraq where things are fair.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:51 PM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell the cop to suck your dick, that it wasn't you and he ain't taking your bike either. If your telling the truth then you ain't got nothing to worry about. Cause i'm doubting that he has a video from it. Hell tell him you want to see the ****in video and see what he says... I hate pigs...
Old 09-22-2004, 05:57 PM

MustangThief is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by headache
Tell the cop to suck your dick, that it wasn't you and he ain't taking your bike either. If your telling the truth then you ain't got nothing to worry about. Cause i'm doubting that he has a video from it. Hell tell him you want to see the ****in video and see what he says... I hate pigs...
Well he "sort of" believes me that it wasn't me. I told him that i keep the keys in the bike and it's unlocked in my garage (really good neighborhood)

That's why he told me "call me by 3:00 tomorrow with the name of whoever was on that bike or you're getting the wreckless op ticket" is pretty much what he said, not verbatim.

So I don't know what the hell he's gonna say when I tell him tomorrow that none of my friends came forward, NO ONE ON EARTH is gonna take the fall willingly for that. I'm so pissed.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:59 PM

Luke is an unknown quantity at this point

Well he "sort of" believes me that it wasn't me. I told him that i keep the keys in the bike and it's unlocked in my garage (really good neighborhood)

does he have reason to not believe you?
Old 09-22-2004, 06:10 PM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

dude, he can't prove sh*t. you were in school, you've got the witnesses to back that so keep it simple. quit tellin' him all this sh*t the more you say the more they will twist it and try to screw you. cop's will lie to get you to admit something. i rode my bike to work one day years back (before i stunted). some cop came into my work and said i ran from him at a certain time the previous day. i told him he was full of sh*t and
that i was at work during that time. he didn't have anything on whoever ran from him and was taking a stab that i was the one. i told him to kiss my ***. dude didn't even have a plate number that i know of. but then again he could have wrote it down that day. FTP
Old 09-22-2004, 06:34 PM

ezpotic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verticalfrank
I had something similar happen once, and it was total bs. I don't know what the laws are out there but if the ticket is not issued in 24 hrs. they can't write it....the guy is probably just trying to be a superhero. Besides unless he actually caught you how can he positively ID you if you were wearing a helmet? I'm pretty sure there's a helmet law in OH right?
actually they have 15 days to right you a ticket, at least that is how things work in pa...also if he can't prove that it was you he can't do sh*t, and as for the impounding , keep the bike inside and ask for the warrant if he comes back
Old 09-22-2004, 06:35 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,
in colorado an off duty cop cannot write a ticket for anything traffic related, the y can however have another cop write the ticket. it has to be the same day and only if they have your bike info. my old friends were doing whelelies and l8r that day a cop showed up at there house and gave their mom the ticket. it was thrown out of court because of lack of evidence. they werent at the seen of the crime to sign the tickets. ive never heard of a cop being able to come back the next day either. file a complaint with ur jurisdiction...
this cop is harrasing you( a Crime). let him know you mean business. go talk to a lawyer and tell the cop to **** off. he is just trying to get a stunter on something. why cant they go catch drug dealers and murderers instead of ****in' with us? can someone tell me that? you have witness' and proof with attendance, plus you drove to school, not rode so don't sweat it dude
Old 09-22-2004, 06:35 PM

viceskid is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i am going to school to be a cop but i love doing wheelies too

but anyways he could write you a ticket but since hes off duty hes not getting paid so if it goes to court he will have to show up and he wont be getting paid.would you go into work if youre not getting paid? no is right. cops are full of talk i guarantee your not getting a ticket
Old 09-22-2004, 06:37 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point

just truck your bike to a friends. he might have someone watching house in case you do ride it. just go take it somewhere where they can't find it.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:42 PM

Abjatrer is an unknown quantity at this point

Young man, even if its a good neighbourhood, WHY do you leave keys + bike in unlocked garage? bad guys go to good hoods to do bad things... like "take" your bike for keeps.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:43 PM

showtime is an unknown quantity at this point

bro, this is real simple...if he didn't pull you over he can't come to your house and give you a ticket. don't put together some complicated story becasue you are going to confuse yourself. tell him it wasn't you and that if he wants he can prove otherwise. thats what our court system is about...innocent until proven guilty. don't be rude to him just tell him that you are done talking to him and close the door. you are under no obligation to speak with the police...ever. i find that most of the time that people talk to the police they end up getting in trouble that they could have avoided if they had kept thier mouth shut. but that's just my .02
Old 09-22-2004, 06:55 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

HERES THE DL ON THIS... A COP ENFORCES THE LAW 9 to 5, BUT HE THINKS LIKE 1 24-7. IF HE DIDNT FOLLOW U HOME IN A MARKED PATROL CAR DIRECTLY AFTER THE INCIDENT HE SAW,IT DOSENT MATTER IF IT WAS U OR UR MOM SCRAPIN HIGHCHAIRS PAST HIS ***. TELL HIM READ HIS LAW BOOK OR TAKE HIS OFFICERS TEST AGAIN OR SOMETHIN CAUSE IT WASNT U AND HE CAN DROP THAT TICKET OFF @ UR LAWYER'S OFFICE. THAT **** DONT FLY NO MATTER WHAT STATE UR IN BRO! THEY TRIED THE SAME **** ON ME AND MY CREW BUT LIKE I SAID... THEY CANT WRITE TICKETS IF THEY ARENT ON DUTY! GOOD LUCK...
Old 09-22-2004, 07:03 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

only thing I'd watch out for now is retaliation. Most cops don't like it when you call their bluff... he'll be on the lookout for you now, waiting for you to do something stupid.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:39 PM

929 on 12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay guys I need some advice, today a cop showed up at my house saying he saw me while he was off-duty yesterday doing a wheelie. He really layed into me hardcore he was even swearing at me. I convinced him it wasn't me since he gave me a time-frame he saw me and everything, i told him i was in school and could get proof. He is 100% convinced that one of my friends came by and rode it and did the stunts then. He said "whoever" did it is looking at a wreckless op ticket.
He had the ticket written out but he said he'd hang onto it in case someone came forward.

My main question is, SERIOUSLY can an off-duty police officer write a f*cking ticket the next day ? WTF? I was 100% under the impression he couldn't do that.

He was saying he was going to impound the bike and write me 4 wreckless op tickets if i didn't admit it (this was earlier in the conversation, he said he saw the bike do 4 wheelies so that's 4 tickets)

Should I get a lawyer or can he legally write me a ticket even though he was off-duty??

Just a few comments: Yes they actually do read this stuff, and some also ride. No they are not all fat, bald and sexually frustrated!. Now for the advice, while your friend takes his foot out of his mouth. Depending on the state you are in: The Officer is never off duty, would you like him, or her, to be off duty when he see's some guy running out of your house with your stuff? They can and have written tickets days or even weeks later, depending on the state. The Officer must be able to prove the identity of the rider, if a helmet was worn (hopefully it was) then that would be difficult. If the Officer had a dash cam and could make identification I sincerely doubt he would be waiting to issue the ticket(get the idea). If you do not admit to the violation and he has no proof of identity then there is very little grounds for the citation to be issued. The bigger part of the issue and no one has brought it up is the Officers behavior. My first phone call would be to internal affairs and a report made on the Officers language and demeanor. No one brought up the question of jurisdiction. Meaning was the Officer from the same town as the violation? Some may be off duty crossing town lines and cannot in most states issue tickets outside of their juridiction, unless it is fresh pursuit (in which case he would have had someones *** that day). Why did it take him until the next day? Sounds like someones neighbor knows this guy and made a phone call to stop the stunting in the neighborhood. Remember not all cops suck, just like not all stunters are jerks. Before you sign anything or turn your bike over CALL A LAWYER! Most places have free consults by phone. You can also go on line and read the traffic statutes in your state. Dont kill the messenger in response to this info, I was reading over someones shoulder and had to comment. Ride smart and ride safe. :YEAH
Old 09-22-2004, 07:51 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merk
that is completely irrelevant and i wouldnt answer that question on this website cause ***** fat bald headed dick suckin cops cruise this site
so is this thread then
and there all dicks imo
Old 09-22-2004, 08:52 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

deny everything dont admit it say you let a friend borrow your bike/somone wanted to buy it came back and took off
Old 09-22-2004, 09:03 PM

ezpotic is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.wndu.com/news/092004/news_37383.php

just a little something to read about off duty cops
Old 09-22-2004, 09:33 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a a**hole pig try to pull me over for wheeling once he was off duty in his personal car . tried flashing his badge and all that it was fun i told him to stick it up his fat *** and if he did'nt like it we could settle up like men in a dark alley no wepons no other parties, he wanted nothing to do with it i would'nt have eather (i know his punk *** would bring some back up) but he took down my plate and he also live's in my hood. i went by his house 6:00 am revlimiter every couple of days never heard anything about it again. not the smartest thing ive ever done but sometimes people **** me off and i just can''t let sh*t go. angermanagment classes my ***!

Quick Reply: Off-duty cop claims to see me doing a wheelie..