Freestyle Cage Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 01:07 AM

GixxStunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Freestyle Cage Dimensions

I was curious if anyone had the Dimensions to build a freestyle cage on 01-03 GSXRs. I dont want a cage to not be able to hang so I gotta build the **** myself but I dont wanna mess it up. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Regular StuntLifer

brandolb is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Freestyle Cage Dimensions

Originally Posted by GSXRKing
I was curious if anyone had the Dimensions to build a freestyle cage on 01-03 GSXRs. I dont want a cage to not be able to hang so I gotta build the **** myself but I dont wanna mess it up. Thanks in advance.
I would say just get some tubing, a torch and give it a whirl, tubing can't cost that much. Don't have specs, sorry.
A cage can be shipped to you for $250 and no hassles.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:32 AM
GOODBYE STUNTLIFE

Droptop can only hope to improve

Bro Not trying to be a dick here...

But Tim has put alot of money, time and effort into his cages... So dont try to rip him off and copy his cages... I m sure you can work a few extra hours or something or just save up for one of his cages.. I can tell you his cages are the best and our whole team swears by them...

Tim came through for me when I need a cage at the last minute... He is one of the best buisness man I have ever meet..

Bro Seriously go cut some lawns, rake some leaves what ever you have to do to come up with the extra money... Hes gotta be able to feed his family too..

Tim I love Ya bro Just looking out for ya!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:02 AM

nasty6r is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't really see my cage that well in my avatar, but it hugs the fairings perfectly! I think it could use a slider where all three bars connect because when it goes down it rolls onto the upper fairing, which sometimes tweeks **** just a bit. Other than that this cage saved my zx6r in an 80 mph highway wreck! :YEAH Everything under the cage is mint!

What I think you should do is to lay something over your fairing and use it as a template. Then create the lines for the metal and find out where your mounting points will be. Trace everything on to the template and you'll have the design for your cage. You want to have one side connected to the other with a straight rod. Mine goes through between the headers and the motor, but anywhere in there will work. Use that as your focal point. All other metal will come together where the rod goes through! I also think you should weld mounts onto your frame and mount the cage to your frame. This way you never deal with motor mounts and when my cage broke it just broke the mount from the frame clean. Reweld and brand new again! Paul Choiniere from Green Mountain Outlaws built my cage, NASTY!

I'll post some pics so you can see exactly what I'm saying!

~James
Old 09-22-2004, 10:35 AM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Freestyle Ingenuity cages are on sale right now and Tim will stand behind his product. Save yourself the trouble and just give Tim a call 817-7137948. It bolted on my '03 GSXR 750 in 15 minutes and is solid.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:33 AM

GixxStunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not trying to rip anyone off WTF is that ****??? Did I say Hey soemone give me Tims dimensions?? NO, I was asking anyone that has built a cage what the dimensions were. As for paying 250 dollars **** that ****, welding cost like 50c and tubing is at the most 50 dollars, hmmmm no thanks id rather build my own. Haters.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:51 PM

F.I. Greg is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason why people think you meant our cage design is because you said "freestyle" cage. I'm sure you didn't post up to find out specific specs on a "Freestyle Ingenuity" cage, that would be pretty dumb. You can do whatever you want, but my advice is to purchase a cage from the manufacturer that pioneered the the concept of engine protection cages. There is so much more to building a cage than just buying tubing and welding it together. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

Greg Helsel
Freestyle Ingenuity, Inc.
817-205-7654