stunt wars judging

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 08:46 AM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point
stunt wars judging

all right i'm fixin' to **** some people off! gonna read the the rules for the sickest trick contest.
1. The rider will receive 2 attempts at this event.
2. Must be a NEW trick. Something that is not common in the riding world.
3. You MUST be creative, Knock our socks off!
4. Rider will be jusdged on the combined score of TWO passes.
5. Judging will be based on: Creativeness, smoothness, consistency, and WOW factor!
6. Field will be narrowed down to TOP THREE.
7. Top THREE will have a final turn to determine the Winning Score.

Ok. not to take anything away from dan jackson but if these were the rules everyone should be judged by them equally. the contest required two passes. dan did one and crashed. like i said i'm not ragging on dan. he is probably one of the best riders in the country. there were other guys that completed both of their passes and ended up with a lower score. how is that possible. read rule number 4. not saying that our trick was sickest by any means. i thought josh with the one-handed skitch was deserving or the high chair 2-up 12-oclock by urban velocity was well deserving. all these tricks including the one cat and i did were new and were landed without crashing for 2 passes. maybe i'm outta line. correct me if ya think so. post up on your thoughts. someone told me if i pitched cat off of the back and threw my bike down maybe i would have won. oh, and the rules i wrote were EXACTLY as they were printed on the rule sheet including the capitalized words!!
Old 01-26-2003, 09:29 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FOTOgrapher is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually dan did 2 passes his first one was attempting a no handed stoppie, he was not successful but it was his first attempt. Just wanted to point that out.

David
Old 01-26-2003, 10:01 AM

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought that Dan did a combo wheelie first, then the no handed stoppie, then the burnout/crash.

BTW Steve, that trick you and Cat did was sick.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:02 AM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point
Why have rules if your not gonna go by them?
Old 01-26-2003, 10:21 AM

Originally posted by Dirty B
I thought that Dan did a combo wheelie first, then the no handed stoppie, then the burnout/crash.

BTW Steve, that trick you and Cat did was sick.
Ya your right he did do a combo also.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:06 PM
www.purebredriders.com

DIGIDY PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
judging is always alittle fucked up because of peoples opinions

one of my biggest bitches of judging was at the XXX show at lakeland

in the individual freestyle contest steve and cat got first and adam chumita got second

now im good with whatever but in my eyes individual means one person one bike

a tandom team of two people won first

but thats niether here nor there all we can do is go forward and if anyone isnt happy with the way its goin we have two things we can do as competiters

one is to get involved with judging if you feel you are good judge of the sport
we always need different outlooks

and two
bring it up right away with judges and event promoters and if possible have video to back yourself up

some things get overlooked in life but can easily be corrected

thanx
Old 01-26-2003, 12:26 PM

mattdedes is an unknown quantity at this point
all i can say by just seeing the video of dan doin that reverse burnout was pretty SICK! how exactly did he try this no handed stoppie??
Old 01-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe he tried using his for or ankle to use the brake lever.....but not %100 sure
Old 01-26-2003, 01:14 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by mattdedes
how exactly did he try this no handed stoppie??
Using his right foot !
Old 01-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
lol i meant foot but put *for...lol
Old 01-26-2003, 01:59 PM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe there should be a standardized set of criteria made up for each event so that the competitors know exactly how they are going to be judged. The judges would have these criteria in front of them on a piece of paper. The RIDERS AND THE CROWD should have easy access to this information as well.
I don't think that there is enough communication between the people running the shows and the people riding in and watching the shows.

Also, I stood with the crowd through part of the show, and they are pretty clueless about who the winners are. After each event, there needs to be a quick little presentation with the top three finishers with their bikes. They should stand next to their bikes with their helmets off and be introduced 3rd-2nd-Winner. After their introduction, give them the microphone and let them speak to the crowd and thank their sponsors. This will make the crowd feel more like they are a part of the show.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:05 PM

joshRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Who won?

Yeah, what she said. I didn't know who won anything except from word of mouth.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:07 PM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point
for the record any time i enter an event i specifically ask does it allow for a tandem stunt. i heard about the gumbling of a few at the xxx show. i was willing to give up my spot to make everyone happy. glen decided not to do that and on top of that paid the rider that came in second even though it was supposed to pay the top contender only. i did not see dan make his first run even though i thought i was paying attention to everyone but he did crash while doing the reverse burnout. jason's long stoppie at starboyz contest was not counted because he crashed at the last minute. like i said i'm not saying i should have won. there were other tricks out there that were insane and completed on both passes.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:10 PM
www.purebredriders.com

DIGIDY PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
that was the plan
but they wanted to get all the comps done so no one got left out

the awards were at the end but alot of people left

its a good idea to just doit right away

were was your switch hand wheelie at in the sickest trick
Old 01-26-2003, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by DIGIDY PBR

were was your switch hand wheelie at in the sickest trick
I do not want to present a trick to the public that I am not completely satisfied with. I'm sure you understand.

For the record, PBR rocked the microphone at Stuntwars, but I missed seeing you guys rockin one wheel.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:26 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TrikChik
Also, I stood with the crowd through part of the show, and they are pretty clueless about who the winners are. After each event, there needs to be a quick little presentation with the top three finishers with their bikes. They should stand next to their bikes with their helmets off and be introduced 3rd-2nd-Winner. After their introduction, give them the microphone and let them speak to the crowd and thank their sponsors. This will make the crowd feel more like they are a part of the show.
Exactly! I posted this in the events section before the show in hopes that it would be done. I am sure everybody involved in the show was being pressed for time though. That is the main response/complaint I receive from the spectators after every show. We need to remeber that StuntWars is for the fans/crowd/spectators and not for us .

JAGMAN- make sure you add this into the PhycoFest agenda
!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 02:32 PM

One of the things I heard a lot of people talk about was the number of entries. I'm not trying to bash anyone or any shows, because I know it is a lot of work and you cant make everyone happy. But I think there needs to be some kind of qualifing the day before (not open to the public), or a specific number of people allowed in each event. That way you can have more time to interact with the spectators and let them know who won.

Just thought I would put my .02 in.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:38 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
One thing Ive learned with the XSBA is to make sure everyone is in the loop, sometimes things happen that we wish didnt happen, or things that we wish we could control or change. I feel that way a lot. events are very very difficult to run, judging is hard, thats why no one ever wants to be a judge. Steve you have personally experienced this with me at Daytona and I thank you for the help

Not pointing any fingers, but sometimes the riders dont know whats going on, or at least act like they dont.....then some riders who are sort of new to the game are scared to speak up and ask questions. No one can know your needs unless they are asked.

It was suggested that we announce scores and winners at stuntwars as we go, like we do with the trophy presentations at XSBA, but with the time constraints and stuff taking up track time (wrecks etc) there wasnt enough time to get it done without darkness falling.

We arent perfect, especially me, but I am passionate, about sportbike freestyle and about all you riders. I have become friends with everyone and always try to do whats best for everyone and be consistent.

Pulling off an event and making everyone happy is an almost unattainable goal. But when we work together and discuss things like this in a civil way it gets us closer and closer every time.

Thomas
Old 01-26-2003, 02:43 PM

I think that there needs to be an amateur day, too.
There were ALOT of bikes at Stuntwars that never got unloaded.
Instead of open practice on Saturday, have Amateur Day.
More entries = more $$$$
Old 01-26-2003, 02:52 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point
good ideas gina.....................

Quick Reply: stunt wars judging