Steering Stoppies??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 05:20 PM

CHIBBY is an unknown quantity at this point
Steering Stoppies??

I dont get it, Ive tried everything I can think of and have read and I cant figure this stoppie steering out. My bike goes to the left 90% of the time, so when I come in just b4 I go up I put pressure on the left bar, but its still not working. Im not even sure if im doing it right. Any tips would be helpful, **** id be happy if I could just roll 150ft
Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Pimp/Moderator

Mellen_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Steering Stoppies??

Originally Posted by CHIBBY
I dont get it, Ive tried everything I can think of and have read and I cant figure this stoppie steering out. My bike goes to the left 90% of the time, so when I come in just b4 I go up I put pressure on the left bar, but its still not working. Im not even sure if im doing it right. Any tips would be helpful, **** id be happy if I could just roll 150ft

150'.....lol, you say that now, but just wait!!!!!
The way I try to teach people is this: Sit on your bike with it off the kickstand, and put both of you feet on the ground. Now keep your shoulders stationary, and lean the bike with your arms only. You will feel the bike put a little pressure inside your thigh. If you lean the bike to the left, you feel pressure on your left thigh. That is what I use to steer the bike.
WHile in a stoppie, I think You are leaning your whole body to the left (and pulling the bike left with your lower body), which is making the kickout to the left even worse. Keep your shoulders in the same place, and steer by leaning the bars.
The tough thing is the height. You cant really steer it until you get the bike up to a certain height, and of course you cant get it up to the balance point until you can learn to steer them......double edge sword!!!

Hope this helps, Mellen