I Say FU(K MTV

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 07:52 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve
Re: I Say FU(K MTV

All I have to say about that video is...

The next vid I buy will be a Geared Up vid, just to support those hard-working SoB's. I was impressed by those two brothers. Reminds me of me and my brother...before that 75 year old bish took riding away from him. Well, that and they're both way, way better than I ever was.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:55 AM

Jayseal22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by droptop
All I was saying is that... Putting peoples private lifes out there like that wasnt right... that should have been kept behind closed doors.... We want to be recognized as professionals..
I dont think you should look at this as "An inside look into stunt riding"

try " An inside look into stunt riding and the lives of people involved." That last bit is the important part. When boyfriend say "Hey chick i wanna go see the show" " Girlfriend says oh all the drama and just like on tv lets go" They needed that aspect to show what the people were thinking weather or not it was creative editing does not matter. When people can connect with the riders they want to be the riders. Then they will influence their friends and so on. Thats how **** gets big.When people wanna be like mike, They buy mikes **** and pay to see mikes shows.

and some of that show did not portray it.. I am re watching it again as I type this.... I just wished no drama and maybe an extra hour longer.... But no drama for sure... At every event I have been to everyone helps each other out.. Lords know I have helped a few people out in my day with no expecations in return...
and when the kids come up at the show and say wtf was up with those gusy you say "oh heres the deal with riders.

Sure we all fight and argue but it is gone in aday or 2 and the love is returned... When you show something on tv for an hour and a big part of it is about a fight... what are people going to think????????????
Ill tell what they think Where and when is episode 2!

They will write to MTV and say great show (AS WE ALL SHOULD) and say hey i wanna see segement 2 and more footage of the street riding I wanna see the happy side yadda yadda.

Mtv says to them selves. Well we do have about 4 hours worth of footage not used and its pretty good, They go back do some interviews maybe out on the street or whatever like a stunt hang out and run the the **** again. As long as they get ratings and responses they will run that **** into the ground. And that is what will put people in the spotlight and put money in the bank. Its a win win for all.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:19 AM

NickDavid is an unknown quantity at this point

see my post...

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...55#post1039355
Old 08-20-2004, 09:45 AM

verticalfrank is a decent person

Originally Posted by NickDavid

Drama defintiely draws attention....look at a lot of the other shows MTV produces...Real World, Road Rules,etc..... you get the point. It captivates interest, yeah some of it is bs and it's too bad the some of the riders didn't realize the opportunity they had to come off as a true professional, but in all honesty I'm sure it's like that in every sport or lifestyle. No one ever got a real look into the lifestlye of freestyle moto x before it was big. Maybe they had some of the same struggles on a different level. Brandon said it best it's all about fun. I feel the same way, don't expect so much....I'm not saying not to shoot for it, just don't expect it. If something does wind up coming out of it, there's that much more reason to be excited.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point

i just wan to point out again that this show was called "true life".......need i say more..........
Old 08-20-2004, 10:01 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really nice

Originally Posted by X-Rated
I say.... xXx is NOT the best like they said 10000000 times in the show (DV8 is)..
PBR is about as real as it comes! GJ to Geared Up and best of luck to them!
:YEAH
are you serious? Kyle is the **** nuff said! I love everyone from PBR and have seen them come up!!! but KYLE is the **** if you say he's not!!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:32 AM

gsxrdon is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with drew in the aspect that the life of a stunter will help us out with going to the x-games and getting our way of life out but what i dont like is that now everyone that has a bike is going to think that they are joe stunt dog and i see our much loved spots getting f***ed up and it could bring more atention to us than we want at times

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND KEEP IT ON 1
Old 08-20-2004, 10:36 AM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Gotta say my piece: I loved it. Brilliant. Bravo.
Let's get something straight. It's about the lifestyle. Let any team on here pipe in any time. You fight. You disagree. Period. We take it very seriously. There was a lot said good and bad the week we were filmed. They used what they thought they needed to complete the "life" of the sport. I'm sure everybodys family acts different at the dinner table than they do in public. I personally said a LOT of **** that I am SOOOOOOO thankful didn't make the cut. Said a couple good points that didn't make the cut either. In defense to Tony responding to getting 2 used tires, 2 sets of grips and brake pads as "whack" what you didn't see is that it was from a totally different shop (not Competition Cycle, who are
totally supportive of stunting) that we did FREE shows for for the last 2 years in a row and they never gave us a dime. When it came time for the comp and we approached them telling them we needed tires (mainly fronts) we got 2 almost dead rear tires, grips and 1 set of pads. Kind of a slap in the face if you ask me.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:54 AM

X-Rated has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by GRSiK26
are you serious? Kyle is the **** nuff said! I love everyone from PBR and have seen them come up!!! but KYLE is the **** if you say he's not!!
opinions are like @ssholes.... errrbodies got one
Old 08-20-2004, 11:01 AM

2502 is a decent person

JAYSEAL??? When's the last time you rode a wheelie? And who are you calling a fake *** gangsta? I think the walk you descbribe, is a limp from an injury most likely involving a bike. I walk like that, and the guys I ride with walk like that too, since we've hit the pavement one time or another. I don't like to talk **** about people, or criticize, etc., but don't call someone fake, or talk **** about the way someone walks when you wear open toed sandles.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:02 AM

verticalfrank is a decent person

there's always more to a story than what you see....thanks for clearing that up! Kinda makes a little more sense.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:09 AM

Jay6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jayseal22
even bad publicity is still better then no publicity. I think people are smart enough to know that they drama it up for tv. it was a real world on bikes. Just noone got naked. I think they will get laughed at a bit or at least Tony D for looking a bit like a fake *** gangasta! I mean do people really take them selves seriously when they walk like that? kinda lame. but then again we wont know how it really was due to the wonderful editing. He could have poped out of charcater and laughed and showed he was screwing around. But hey youll never know
LMFAO
Would you have tha ***** to call him that to hs face? Doubt it
Old 08-20-2004, 11:12 AM

2502 is a decent person

Yes I would considering he comes into my shop to browse. I'm sure he can elaborate on the kinds of personalities we all have here. My bad, I thought you were talking about what I said about his MANdles. No he wouldn't dare say that.

Last edited by 2502; 08-20-2004 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Misread previous post.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:16 AM

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

For everyone that said there needed to be less drama the show was called "true life" and unless you just sit at home with your thumb up your *** and do nuthing all day life is full of drama whether it be from life, work your relationship or in this case stuntriding. I think overall the show came out pretty well props To the Stone Brothers Kyle, Tony D, Geared Up, PBR and everytone else involved i wish you all the best in the future
Old 08-20-2004, 11:22 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by droptop
All I was saying is that... Putting peoples private lifes out there like that wasnt right... that should have been kept behind closed doors.... We want to be recognized as professionals.. and some of that show did not portray it.. I am re watching it again as I type this.... I just wished no drama and maybe an extra hour longer.... But no drama for sure... At every event I have been to everyone helps each other out.. Lords know I have helped a few people out in my day with no expecations in return... Sure we all fight and argue but it is gone in aday or 2 and the love is returned... When you show something on tv for an hour and a big part of it is about a fight... what are people going to think????????????

Just an opion

Much respect for you Stone!!!

Thats what "true life" means...getting into peoples personal lives...

stop hating...
Old 08-20-2004, 11:27 AM

R1FIGHTER is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all I don’t think this is what our Grass roots sport needs at the time. As far as Tony-D soliciting major sponsorships I think that’s a step in the wrong direction. If you have a buzz, and the scene is getting by, without major sponsorships, they will catch on.
In the long run the result would be far better and more rewarding than being ******.
The best example I can give is look at the music industry; it’s saturated with crap! Everyone buys into the glam, not the music. The best bands come up on their own, but as the media controls us, like MTV, we are forced to hear garbage like “Trapt” and “Creed”.
Those bands are not an organic group. They were put together to make money, for the look, and the terrible sound…
This is easily where our sport could head to, before it even gets popular.
Now every time I ride my bike, I’ll have to watch my every move cause the police are expecting you to F’ck up.
Thanks Stone Brothers, editing is fun with “movie maker” isn’t it!
Someones gotta step up and add some real substance to a video.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:08 PM

rawdawgRR is an unknown quantity at this point

That show was the biggest thing to hit the sport since Biker Boyz. That sure did a lot. Sorry It was a good try but a falure none the less.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:18 PM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

hell yeah, me and the boys fight at least once a fu(king day. wether its over money, i am sick of working on your **** ride it the way it is, just stupid ****. we spend alot of time together and we are bound to get on one anothers last neve once in awhile.....but no matter what we are always brothers by the end of the day....its the way **** works, i think the show could have been edited to show that in the end its all good, but hey, thats just my opinion... as for enflated egos....you work this hard for something, when you acheive it, well i dont know if its ego as much as its pride in what you have accomplised and showing your not willing to let anyone take it from you.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Regular StuntLifer

AK Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW, alot of opinions,,,,,,,
I think the word went out strong, so what about the drama, show me a team that doesn't squable, look at all the bs on American Chopper, they have sold what, millions of shirts and now get 50g's + per bike,,drama didn't hurt them, tony stewart's bs isn't hurting nascar,,,,,

mad props to geared up hard workin fella's (9up)

congrats to the Stone brothers on your nice work

you should come to Alaska on your next trip, catch some fish and some stunt riding,,,
Old 08-20-2004, 12:47 PM

BMK Producer is an unknown quantity at this point

For all of you that don’t have any drama in your group I am very happy for you.... what Tony and Kyle were going through is the same **** that we go through…. If you are trying to be something its work…. We have a lot of times like PBR and Geared Up, just some times the **** is Fu(ked up…. And I agree with Matt Gorka bravo brilliant, it’s the “true life”

Quick Reply: I Say FU(K MTV