Im really disappointed MTV sucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 08:33 PM

tannar_zane is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Im really disappointed MTV sucks

jimmy you're absolutley right man, i liked they only had a few guys/groups on the show, HOWEVER what i didn't like is the angle they came at with the show. MTV has a good reputation on scaling the drama through the roof. why couldn't they just do it w/ everyone being cool and having fun??? like Digity and all that??? i think it would have been better that way. my parents sat and watched the show and thought Tony D was an ***, and they don't know anything about the sport. they call endos "nose wheelies". and we all know he's not, he's cool. the general public has no clue.....
Old 08-23-2004, 08:46 PM
street killa

BOB WITTMAN will become famous soon enough

mtv show was nothing but a bunch of drama,the guys arguing and bickering over stupid ****!! like the grips,he should have kept that comment off the camera,there wasnt enough of them riding,just complaining and wining!that show might have had alot of veiwers but all the drama should have been left back at the trailer,not in front of the camera`s thanks for the bad rep and if it was really a true life ,then they would`ve showed them on the street,riding,wheeling,or what ever!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:11 PM
love you loving to hate

Six Eight Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

The last thing I want to say on this thread is...in actuality...MTV DID do a GOOD job portraying the sport and I dont really care who thinks otherwise...if you been in the mess, if you spent the time to operate a professional team (professional meaning a team that gets paid to perform but not necessarily competing altho that seems to be the inclining trend) then you know that you are going to hit this wall where there is some bullshyt to deal with...success often breeds drama, sometimes more than failure...so what did you expect to see happen when the news hit that tony d was gonna ride with triple x??? I saw exactly what I expected to see happen...two talented riders who are used to being in charge, both being challenged on the business side by eachother...both angles these guys work are both correct and the points they made during the drama were valid on both sides, but when it came down to crunch time, they decided to go their own ways...and if that hasnt happened to you, then you havent been into the business side as hard as maybe you should...in that regard i think that MTV did a good job...it portrayed the three most important group types well...you got your "top dogs" who work the hardest and take shyt probably the most seriously gettin into it, you got your up and comers who just want to get in the limelight and then you got your chilled out guys who just wanna be where they wanna be...me personally....well i been in every single one of those teams, luckily...they were all the same team and it still is the same team...so i could relate to every single damned thing that went down...i keep seeing people complain about the lack of stunts or the lack of people portrayed...this shyt was a story...and one thing you have to learn about editing is that if a shot (no matter how cool it may be) detracts from the STORY (the reason why the shyt is being made in the first place) then that shot gots to go...to survive as stunters we each need a little peice of all those cats you saw in that story...we all need to focus and be committed (triple x), we all need to love that shyt we do and be willing to break ourselves to peices to get there (geared up), and we all need to be able to sit down at the end of the night and say "no one got hurt, and we did what we love so pass me that mother phukkin blunt cause i aint gonna stress the bullshyt" (PBR)...so let's take some lessons from that MTV peice and leave it at that...no bitchin gonna change it...and if any one of you cats and kittens needs a puff off this thang right here, then hit me up, cuz i got plenty for anyone who rides, bleeds and is willing to break a bone just to keep one wheel up
Old 08-23-2004, 10:18 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

PROPS to DREW and MTV....the show turned out really good

j.c.---i understand where your coming from too man...that **** sucks that you guys got cut out...i totally understand where you stand.....there will be way more opportunities in the future.....
Old 08-23-2004, 10:45 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by methodryder
The last thing I want to say on this thread is...in actuality...MTV DID do a GOOD job portraying the sport and I dont really care who thinks otherwise...if you been in the mess, if you spent the time to operate a professional team (professional meaning a team that gets paid to perform but not necessarily competing altho that seems to be the inclining trend) then you know that you are going to hit this wall where there is some bullshyt to deal with...success often breeds drama, sometimes more than failure...so what did you expect to see happen when the news hit that tony d was gonna ride with triple x??? I saw exactly what I expected to see happen...two talented riders who are used to being in charge, both being challenged on the business side by eachother...both angles these guys work are both correct and the points they made during the drama were valid on both sides, but when it came down to crunch time, they decided to go their own ways...and if that hasnt happened to you, then you havent been into the business side as hard as maybe you should...in that regard i think that MTV did a good job...it portrayed the three most important group types well...you got your "top dogs" who work the hardest and take shyt probably the most seriously gettin into it, you got your up and comers who just want to get in the limelight and then you got your chilled out guys who just wanna be where they wanna be...me personally....well i been in every single one of those teams, luckily...they were all the same team and it still is the same team...so i could relate to every single damned thing that went down...i keep seeing people complain about the lack of stunts or the lack of people portrayed...this shyt was a story...and one thing you have to learn about editing is that if a shot (no matter how cool it may be) detracts from the STORY (the reason why the shyt is being made in the first place) then that shot gots to go...to survive as stunters we each need a little peice of all those cats you saw in that story...we all need to focus and be committed (triple x), we all need to love that shyt we do and be willing to break ourselves to peices to get there (geared up), and we all need to be able to sit down at the end of the night and say "no one got hurt, and we did what we love so pass me that mother phukkin blunt cause i aint gonna stress the bullshyt" (PBR)...so let's take some lessons from that MTV peice and leave it at that...no bitchin gonna change it...and if any one of you cats and kittens needs a puff off this thang right here, then hit me up, cuz i got plenty for anyone who rides, bleeds and is willing to break a bone just to keep one wheel up
There is a tear forming in my eye..................I love you man, no I really love you man!

My boy has spoken...............

Goose
Old 08-23-2004, 10:52 PM

Trick Leg is an unknown quantity at this point

i think that all the bitching and arguing was straight up redicoulas. Tony D and Kyle talked about corporate sponsors but how the f#ck can you do this when you show yourself on TV as being a Badass, Tony D said "ive been fighting alot longer than riding and i aint afraid to go to the hospital". What an Idiot. Comments like those and others will not do anything for this sport.Neither will walking out of a shop and putting down the products that you just got for free. I sure as hell know that i would love to beable to walk into a shop and ask for a sponsorship and get 4 free tires,hand grips, brake pads. But i guess TONY D is to good for that . Well, they prolly saved over 300 dollars by doin that

I dont know if anyone watched the Freestyle part of the X games. But when the kid who won gold over Pastrana started, The announcers were talking about how nice of a kid he was and how he was respectful and he had TARGET as a sponsor. Thats what we want. You dont see the guys talking **** or anything.

I wanna give props to PBR, they dont give a good god dam whether they win or not because they just love the sport. My Boy Eric Long with FTP racing did there paint work . Digitys GSXR that was red with silver flames and Ricks 2 sided paint job (silver/green) so ive met them and they are cool as ****, No care in the world, There actually in it for the love of the sport

JC

that **** was retarded, they showed yall as a blur but whenever Rick spoke, they didnt even show him. But hey , thats MTV for ya