600 pizza sprocket question! help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Who needs roads!?

GPcrew is an unknown quantity at this point
600 pizza sprocket question! help!!!!

ok im new to wheelies i can pop up like foot or so and then it comes down cause i stop acceleratin mk? so my question is would a pizza sprocket help me get it up no prob? if so is it still easy to drive regular if you want or on the highway or dose it get affected? if it dose help wheelie alot easyer then i got a yzf600r '02 and would like to get one of em babys cause i dont kare if peeps think i cant do iton my own "with a stocker" because the truth is well ,i cant..."yet" and i would like a nudge into the world of stunting so could somone hook me up with mabee a normal estamaded price and mabee a place to get it? any help or coments are greatly appreciated. i wish i was 1/16 as good of some of u basterds on here help a brotha out , later....

FTP :YEAH

o yea is top speed affected buy it?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:05 PM

TaildrgnGSXR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 600 pizza sprocket question! help!!!!

Originally Posted by GPcrew
ok im new to wheelies i can pop up like foot or so and then it comes down cause i stop acceleratin mk? so my question is would a pizza sprocket help me get it up no prob? if so is it still easy to drive regular if you want or on the highway or dose it get affected? if it dose help wheelie alot easyer then i got a yzf600r '02 and would like to get one of em babys cause i dont kare if peeps think i cant do iton my own "with a stocker" because the truth is well ,i cant..."yet" and i would like a nudge into the world of stunting so could somone hook me up with mabee a normal estamaded price and mabee a place to get it? any help or coments are greatly appreciated. i wish i was 1/16 as good of some of u basterds on here help a brotha out , later....

FTP :YEAH

o yea is top speed affected buy it?
Here's my Id gear it down...but not ridiculously...maybe down 1 in the front and up 2 in the back. you might be able to keep your stock chain this way too....save a lil $ All bikes are a lil numb with stock gears...that should liven it up enough. Then its just gettin the front up and learning throttle control....clutchin it up is the way to go. It will help you down the road learnin more adavnced tricks also. If you go for a big sprocket the throttle gets almost over responsive....especially for learning.....very touchy. Front and rear will run you somewhere around $60- $70 depending. Top speed is affected....the lower you gear it....more top end you lose. Practice Practice Practice....stay safe
Old 08-19-2004, 07:40 PM

CRAZYSQUID is an unknown quantity at this point

bro i got the same bike as you but a year newer and the gearing seems to be just right.. i just think you need to keep practicing and stop getting down on ur self. it will come i felt the same way at first, i was looking for a easy fix for the problem.. good luck tho.. find the balance point and you'll have no problems.. make sure you got ur foot over the break.. o and if u use the clutch to get it up it seems to me like you can find the balance point really easy.. good luck
Old 08-19-2004, 07:47 PM

NickIF is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm guessing you haven't been riding long... before you worry about wheelies get comfortable riding and learn the bike
Old 08-19-2004, 07:50 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

A sprocket will not help you do wheelies. A sprocket will help the bike do wheelies you stil have to get over the fear factor and just do it.