True Life, I live to Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 05:20 PM

TL1000RLooker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: True Life, I live to Ride

It is on Thursday, the 12 at 10 pm for sure because thats when they put all the new ones on.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:31 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

potential is a decent person

i thought drew said it was on friday?
B
Old 08-10-2004, 06:20 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by Drew Stone
I really don´t think too many cops are watching anything on MTV. This show was going to get done eventually with or without my involvement so keep that in mind. ALSO IF YOU ARE GOING TO CRY ABOUT THE ¨STREET RIDING¨ IN THE SHOW GO GET THE KLEENEX NOW ´CAUSE YOU´RE GONNA NEED ´EM.

I like an over the top show about something I know nothing about just like all americans. But to say there is no consequences for what was to be a show "based around teams and their struggle; centered around a competition" and now sounds more like CBOs street sessions is foolish. Yes, I love street footage, yes CBOs **** is tight, and yes if I was any idiot I would love to see the streets killed on MTV. But I'm not, I want to see corporate dollars funding teams, I want my neighbors to say they saw the show last night and ask if I can do that thing where you take your hands off, not yelling at me for "racing" up the street when I do the speed limit only because they are worried about the endangerment of their kids. Drew you have a lot of impact on how the corporate eyes view stunt riding, from my standpoint the most in the industry. Perhaps if you we're trying to help these guys be professional rather than “get busy”, Honda, Suzuki, or Kawasaki may look at the top players in a different light. I'm not trying to be negative, it sounds like just what I would want to see, and I can’t say I would have produced anything different, it’s just a shame that you don’t seem to care and denounce those who do. In the end nothing but love for everyone involved I’m sure its going to be a fun show.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:29 PM

slylos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XTJesse
so is it this thursday or friday ?
DirecTV's website has a programming guide, and for my area, it says it will be airing on Saturday at 2 p.m. on MTV2

-----------------------
Aug 14 02:00 pm

True Life

Motorcycle crews perform dangerous stunts in hopes of becoming professional stunt-bike riders.
-----------------------

:YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-10-2004, 07:24 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

i only have mtv and not mtv2, ****ina
Old 08-11-2004, 10:24 AM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

i just looked at adelphias program guide and thursdays true lifes are the adderall one and one about adoption.... wtf
Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
I want to see corporate dollars funding teams, I want my neighbors to say they saw the show last night and ask if I can do that thing where you take your hands off, not yelling at me for "racing" up the street when I do the speed limit only because they are worried about the endangerment of their kids.
This will take a lot of time and dedication from all of us...... Why don't you try talking to your neighbor sometime so they understand what you are all about. Making them understand you are dedicated to this so called "sport" instead of reckless abandon, may, just may, change their minds....

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Drew you have a lot of impact on how the corporate eyes view stunt riding, from my standpoint the most in the industry. Perhaps if you we're trying to help these guys be professional rather than “get busy”, Honda, Suzuki, or Kawasaki may look at the top players in a different light. I'm not trying to be negative, it sounds like just what I would want to see, and I can’t say I would have produced anything different, it’s just a shame that you don’t seem to care and denounce those who do. In the end nothing but love for everyone involved I’m sure its going to be a fun show.
You really think Drew went to MTV and said "This vid is the way it is and your gonna play it as is!" Yeah right, haven't you been reading about the editing involved to mold it into MTV's genre?

MTV doesn't give a crap about stunnas unless they make MTV money. Likewise, no major company "really" cares unless you make them rich. Look at all the stoopid TV lately, reality shows, marry my dad..... bla.

WE can turn this into what skateboarding is today. Look at the struggle they had in the early 70's and get back to me about helping these guys be professional.

We break the law rockin on the streets, and even parking lots. Until we have a place to go, free of laws, there will always be issues. Build your professionalism locally and it will spread like wildfire.

Everytime we rock a lot I simply ask the guard "can we rock here for a while" and they usually say yes. Kindness kills. Spread the epidemic. It starts in you first before it can go anywhere else.

Camo
Old 08-11-2004, 10:57 AM

xRR-riderx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not_me
This will take a lot of time and dedication from all of us...... Why don't you try talking to your neighbor sometime so they understand what you are all about. Making them understand you are dedicated to this so called "sport" instead of reckless abandon, may, just may, change their minds....

You really think Drew went to MTV and said "This vid is the way it is and your gonna play it as is!" Yeah right, haven't you been reading about the editing involved to mold it into MTV's genre?

MTV doesn't give a crap about stunnas unless they make MTV money. Likewise, no major company "really" cares unless you make them rich. Look at all the stoopid TV lately, reality shows, marry my dad..... bla.

WE can turn this into what skateboarding is today. Look at the struggle they had in the early 70's and get back to me about helping these guys be professional.

We break the law rockin on the streets, and even parking lots. Until we have a place to go, free of laws, there will always be issues. Build your professionalism locally and it will spread like wildfire.

Everytime we rock a lot I simply ask the guard "can we rock here for a while" and they usually say yes. Kindness kills. Spread the epidemic. It starts in you first before it can go anywhere else.

Camo

amen brother....
Old 08-11-2004, 02:26 PM

Kube is an unknown quantity at this point

Camo
Preach it brotha, that's what i like to hear.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Scrape and keep going...

It's amazing how people act. They do stoopid, illegal **** and get pissed when something happens to them. Kinda like when you let someone borrow money, three months later you ask for it, and they are like "Dam, whadda ya think I'm gonna run away with it or somethin?" and have new rims on their car.....

Flip a guard some kindness and offer a drink or some food. They are human too, and probably hate their job anyway. Besides making a very boring job somewhat enjoyable. So as long as you take care of them they will take care of you. Chit, take it to the next level and go to lot/building owners and ask them permission. Sign a legal waiver that protects the owner if you get hurt (but if you destroy private property you are liable) EXAMPLE

Easy lesson to be learned. Just wish it worked on PoPo that easy..... er, sometimes it does..... Be a humanitarian and stop the hate.... It only comes back 10 fold anyway.

To get back on track anyway.................... Live to ryde and ryde to live. If you show people how much this means to you, and your sacrifices, the respect will come. My boys that are rockin out with all their hearts don't have 100,000 jobs. They don't have a mansion or a Benz. But when someone needs something (including myself) they all come together and try to get it done as a team. That is why I love this more and more. Good people do good things. Surround yourself with good things and you will live a good life. Some people call it crazy but we call it Stuntlife...

Camo
Old 08-11-2004, 03:20 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Yahoo! TV

True Life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True Life
MTVP Aug 20 08:00pm Add to My Calendar
Series/Documentary, 60 Mins.
"I Live to Ride"
Motorcycle crews perform dangerous stunts in hopes of becoming professional stunt-bike riders.

Original Airdate: August 19, 2004.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Future Airings:
True Life, MTVP Aug 21 06:00pm
True Life, MTVP Aug 22 05:00pm

(This is all Pacific time, but the dates are the same)

Last edited by SIC GSXR; 08-11-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:59 PM

Camo
You missed the whole point. I do talk to my neighbors and they watch. I was speaking of a hypothetical situation. And that part where I said ""and I can’t say I would have produced anything different "" well that's just it, saying I know that's what MTV wanted. But, from my understanding drew was in charge of the shooting and tape delivering, not editing of the video. Correct me if I'm wrong. And he chose to deliver what he did
Old 08-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Scrape and keep going...

Nick

I appologize if I missed the point, and in no way want any beef with anyone on Stuntlife.com. We know how the world is and Drew's film making is amazing. Big business rules us but it will be our turn soon.

Camo
Old 08-11-2004, 07:19 PM

Nick

I appologize if I missed the point, and in no way want any beef with anyone on Stuntlife.com. We know how the world is and Drew's film making is amazing. Big business rules us but it will be our turn soon.

Camo
No need to appologize, I dont take anything personal . And I agree, there will be a time where we have our say.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by xRR-riderx
i just looked at adelphias program guide and thursdays true lifes are the adderall one and one about adoption.... wtf

DOES NO ONE READ POSTS ANYMORE!!!

Its freakin saturday at 2pm!!!!!!

in south florida anyway haha
Old 08-11-2004, 07:41 PM

Kindness kills. Spread the epidemic. It starts in you first before it can go anywhere else.

Camo
DAMN THAT WAS TIGHT MAN THATS POETIC :YEAH :YEAH

That was very well said man . . . I do the same thing with the guards at our spot, except most of them are actually content with just watching . . . that or a playboy :YEAH
Old 08-11-2004, 07:59 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SIC GSXR
Yahoo! TV
True Life
MTVP Aug 20 08:00pm Add to My Calendar
Series/Documentary, 60 Mins.
"I Live to Ride"

Not questioning you, but I am internet illiterate and can't see anything on MTV.com about that episode.

Can someone show me the link?