True Life, I live to Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 08:02 PM
The Mountain Killer

JonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the rough
Re: True Life, I live to Ride

Originally Posted by BlueR1der
am I the only one who thinks that MTV isnt cool? specially stunters on MTV, I swear man I hate this media shyt they should leave stunters alone and we should keep it underground
Where is this sport going to go if it stays underground
Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 PM

slylos is an unknown quantity at this point

am I the only one who thinks that MTV isnt cool? specially stunters on MTV, I swear man I hate this media shyt they should leave stunters alone and we should keep it underground
"You should love, way more than you hate - what you mad? I thought that you'd be happy I made it. I'm that cat by the bar toasting to the good life, moved out the hood now you tryin to pull me back riight" - 50 Cent

seems those words apply to this whole debate, of course depending on what side your on . . . . . . . .

anyway!!

SATURDAY 2PM IT IS ON MTV2 - I JUST CHECKED DIRECTV PROGRAMMING GUIDE FOR SOUTH FLORIDA :YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-09-2004, 10:09 PM

Mr Weber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sclevela
yes ur the only one........move along now
Old 08-10-2004, 03:21 AM

outlawr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
good 4 the sport?more$moreprobz

all i got to spit is -if gotz to be this way the stone bros are top shelf.who better then them to do this kinda thing- mtv will have watchable tv for the first time sence the first headbangerz ball. :YEAH
Old 08-10-2004, 03:59 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

This show IS a big deal people but lets not stare at it too hard. This show is NOT an Urban Street-Bike Warriors film, It´s edited in MTV´s True Life format which means it´s more like ¨The Real World¨ and less like ¨MTV Sports¨. I am not the owner of MTV so I have no say in the format or when the show airs for that matter but I will say this........We shot some great stuff with some awesome people and the end result is damn good. I know that there is going to be a crapstorm when this thing airs but right now I am in Spain with Tony D Feestyle at the allmighty A.C. Farius´house shooting the final segment for Urban Three. We come back to the states Friday the 13th so hopefully we can watch it on MTV 2 on Friday.

BIG MOMENT FOR THIS LIFESTYLE OF OURS

Bring it

Drew Stone
www.stonefilmsnyc.com
Old 08-10-2004, 04:24 AM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

speak for your self buddy the more people see and hear about this sport the better most of us anyway do our best to portray a clean profesinal image and big companies are starting to respect and take notice in this sport.so you stay underground all you want we'll be at a competion or show on our sponsored bikes putting smiles on the faces of the next generation of sportbike freestyle riders
Old 08-10-2004, 04:39 AM

keepN it kewl

Originally Posted by Drew Stone
This show IS a big deal people but lets not stare at it too hard. This show is NOT an Urban Street-Bike Warriors film, It´s edited in MTV´s True Life format which means it´s more like ¨The Real World¨ and less like ¨MTV Sports¨. I am not the owner of MTV so I have no say in the format or when the show airs for that matter but I will say this........We shot some great stuff with some awesome people and the end result is damn good. I know that there is going to be a crapstorm when this thing airs but right now I am in Spain with Tony D Feestyle at the allmighty A.C. Farius´house shooting the final segment for Urban Three. We come back to the states Friday the 13th so hopefully we can watch it on MTV 2 on Friday.

BIG MOMENT FOR THIS LIFESTYLE OF OURS

Bring it

Drew Stone
www.stonefilmsnyc.com
tell AC what up i could get him mad hoes if he was to touch down N stl.tony d is another mug getting published pix wh wink..he betta not be payN.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:40 AM
Regular StuntLifer

KevDog is an unknown quantity at this point

wtf this is at open discussion also
Old 08-10-2004, 04:55 AM

Re: keepN it kewl

Originally Posted by outlawr1
tell AC what up i could get him mad hoes if he was to touch down N stl.tony d is another mug getting published pix wh wink..he betta not be payN.
come to tha mid best
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dreamparty1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	92194  
Old 08-10-2004, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by KevDog
kevdogg wtf this is at open discussion also
bro i tryed to keep yur mom outta of it.......so letz get off moms cuz i just got off yurz.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:46 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Both sides of the lifestyle

Originally Posted by rsx929rr
speak for your self buddy the more people see and hear about this sport the better most of us anyway do our best to portray a clean profesinal image and big companies are starting to respect and take notice in this sport.so you stay underground all you want we'll be at a competion or show on our sponsored bikes putting smiles on the faces of the next generation of sportbike freestyle riders
Very well said but lets get something straight. This MTV show like my films shows both aspects of the lifestyle, both track and street. Keep in mind that MTV loves drama and that is what they focused on. P.B.R. is in the ¨True life¨show and THEY KILLED THE STREETS so get ready for this...

Bring it
Old 08-10-2004, 07:39 AM

slylos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Both sides of the lifestyle

Originally Posted by Drew Stone
that is what they focused on. P.B.R. is in the ¨True life¨show and THEY KILLED THE STREETS so get ready for this...

Bring it
I'M SO READY THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLIN ME :YEAH :YEAH

This is a HUGE moment for this sport tight work man even if it is drama . . .

ANY publicity is GOOD publicity - take a lesson from marilyn manson . . .
Old 08-10-2004, 08:11 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

One reason why I want to see this is so that all my friends that dont ride or dont hang with me and my team will maybe actually possibly have some kinda clue what I do 6 days outta the week. That and maybe the people and kids that see me in on my blocks will see some justice behind my methods. Other then that, Im just gonna tune in to see some dope riders tearing it up, Gorka, Woods, PBR.. ****.. I dont care if they were on the Disney channel, I'd still tune in!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:27 AM

SloppyRob is an unknown quantity at this point

While i can understand the need for exposure of the sport I think that this MTV show is going to cause way more problems than anything else. For Pro's and teams, yeah, the exposure will help them by giving them more opportunity to demo, compete etc. but for the avg rider/stunter this will only further the heat on them. The last thing i need when im out riding is a cop who saw that MTV show to hassle me because those guys on MTV were doing crazy ****. I/We may do crazy **** but don't need cops having a preconceived notion about me/us. Also I can't see MTV focusing on any good about the sport. MTV is just gonna play up the illegal aspects of it and throw in some bs about taking it off the streets etc. You know they aren't gonna show the riders with professional attitudes.... I'd be worried if i were Drew Stone as they can cut that footage any way they like it to cause drama/problems etc.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:32 AM

XTJesse is an unknown quantity at this point

so is it this thursday or friday ?
Old 08-10-2004, 10:44 AM
cr6

cr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SloppyRob
While i can understand the need for exposure of the sport I think that this MTV show is going to cause way more problems than anything else. For Pro's and teams, yeah, the exposure will help them by giving them more opportunity to demo, compete etc. but for the avg rider/stunter this will only further the heat on them. The last thing i need when im out riding is a cop who saw that MTV show to hassle me because those guys on MTV were doing crazy ****. I/We may do crazy **** but don't need cops having a preconceived notion about me/us. Also I can't see MTV focusing on any good about the sport. MTV is just gonna play up the illegal aspects of it and throw in some bs about taking it off the streets etc. You know they aren't gonna show the riders with professional attitudes.... I'd be worried if i were Drew Stone as they can cut that footage any way they like it to cause drama/problems etc.

A is going to pull you over whether he watches this on MTV or not, do you think he needs to watch MTV to motivate him to pull you over
Old 08-10-2004, 10:51 AM

SloppyRob is an unknown quantity at this point

"A is going to pull you over whether he watches this on MTV or not, do you think he needs to watch MTV to motivate him to pull you over"

It certainly can't help any.

Im def gonna watch it and if they do a good job with it i'll be the first to admit i was wrong. I have a feeling im not gonna have to though.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:19 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Cops are cops, dont get all pissy when they pull you over, its their job. now the courts, thats a different story, infact the saying shouldnt be FTP, it should be FTC ( *** The Courts )

Either way, everything looks more tame once media gets ahold of it and it gets put into living rooms. Look @ Rap, ****, couple decades ago that **** was scarring the living crap outta soccer moms, now they have constant air play on radio stations and those same moms are buying thier sons G-Unit CD's!!

I cant wait for kids to be playing with 3Sick6 HotWheels doing wheelies and endos imulating thier fav rider styles etc...

More power to ya' Drew.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by SloppyRob
I really don´t think too many cops are watching anything on MTV. This show was going to get done eventually with or without my involvement so keep that in mind. ALSO IF YOU ARE GOING TO CRY ABOUT THE ¨STREET RIDING¨ IN THE SHOW GO GET THE KLEENEX NOW ´CAUSE YOU´RE GONNA NEED ´EM.

Quick Reply: True Life, I live to Ride