Powers Bikeworx SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 03:44 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Powers Bikeworx SUCK

yo, the situation has been resolved, no need to tell you people what happend,but spoke to Matt Powers himself, and we'll get over this situation,
my cages are comin, and i appreciate his way of handling the situation, thanx matt

Last edited by Ryan Cramer; 08-04-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:52 PM
love you loving to hate

Six Eight Nate is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Powers Bikeworx SUCK

You know, it's really funny...I think EVERYONE has had that same experience with them...SUPER slow shipping...COMPLETELY confused...We support and FI cages and Tim has done alot for us and makes a damned fine cage, but at the time we needed SRAD cages and Tim had not designed one yet (I cant really say whether he has yet or not either) so we had to go elsewhere and we had quite a funny experience with it too...I'm sure the cage will show up, but it takes forever and expect very little telephone support as they ussually dont know what's going on.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:03 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm with ya Ryan. Powers sucks. FI is the best way to go. Tim is one of the nicest and guys out there and a great buisness man. The cages also hold up great and are far less obtrusive than the others.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

hhhmmm
Old 08-02-2004, 04:22 PM

jbone can only hope to improve

they did the same thing with our team said they wanted to sponsor us were great in the begining send a couple cages then all of a sudden they took money out of our account without even tellin us they were doin it we stopped the payment called them up and told them to f*ck off and all this was after we waited like 2 months for our other cages and they never came. not a big freestyle cage fan so we called aaron from racing 905 and he was the greatest guy to deal with ever sent us all new cages and bars within a week

justin
Old 08-02-2004, 04:30 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

I love these cage threads....
In the end it seems everyone ends up with an FI cage...
FI is a real company...theses other guys are garage peoople
Old 08-02-2004, 04:33 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

I OWN A SHOP IN POOLER,GA. I'M ALSO ONE OF TIM'S DEALERS.I'VE NEVER RUN OR WANTED TO RUN ANYTHING OTHER THAN TIMS EQUIPTMENT. ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS BENT TWO FI BARS ONLY BECAUSE OF NEGLEGANCE. NO BRAKE 12S, BANG, CRASH,BROKEN SUBFRAME. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. SO HE TALKS TO MATT POWERS AND GETS A CAGE AND A BAR FOR HIS 954. MATT CLAMES TO BE 30 PERCENT STRONGER THAN TIMS :jerkoff YEAH,RIGHT! FIRST TIME THAT BAR MADE CONTACT WITH THE PAVEMENT IT BENT,TOO. THEN THE CAGE HITS IN THIS EVERYDAY CRASH THAT MY BIKE GOES THROUGH AT LEAST ONE OF EVERYTIME I RIDE. SO WE PICK THE BIKE UP AND IT LOOKED LIKE THE EXXON VALDEZ DISASTER. IT BROKE THE CASES UNDER THE STARTER. A CRACK ABOUT AN INCH AND A HALF LONG THAT IF YOU LOOKED AT IT,AT THE RIGHT ANGLE, YOU CUOLD SEE THE TRANS. ANYWAY, IT SUX.
INFAMOUSRIDAZ.COM
Old 08-02-2004, 06:22 PM

GIXXER1716 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same deal here from psychofest... still no cages
Old 08-02-2004, 07:17 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

here is my two cents on the cage drama. first of all we can't hate on any cage company because without them are bikes would be phxxed.
I ride an 01 gixxer 750 and had a FI cage for about a month broke a stator cover and still ran it. I like FI but not the gixxer design becase the left and right support bars bolt to the subframe. To make a long story short I blame those support bars for breaking my subframe mounting tabs in half.

so I got a powers cage and broke a staortor cover again. The welds on the cage gave out. I bought another powers cage and broke that one too.
now both broken cages are being fixed by my teams' nasty welder and from now on he is building are own cages wich will be duplicates of powers and we are not selling them so powers don't sue me.

my teamate bought a cage from jagman of PG and never got it. I think ups stole it. But jagman stood tall and gave my teamate his cash back at psychofest. I would only buy another powers cash in person not by mail.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:21 PM

Xfrnohands is an unknown quantity at this point

i am not a fan of the fi cages because a light fall broke the motor mount and the motor on my teammates r6 and cost him 1200 dollars for a new motor. powers wanted to sponsor us 2 months ago and still havene;t come threw i would have to say 905 is the way to go!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:27 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Why didnt you just weld a new motor mount?
Old 08-02-2004, 07:28 PM

BlueKawKris is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys i have an 01 zx6r and been doing some research and the powers cage does look reallly strong but after reading this post im scared to even call them, used to work for a turbo mustang shop and the guy ran it the same way, but i hear great things about 905 and fi and im really clueless to which one is better for the zx6r and input??
Old 08-02-2004, 07:36 PM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

man, i JUST ordered a powers today over the phone, sai dit woudl ship today, but on my bank account, the cash is still there, aww crap i hope i dont ge a run around.

as far as choice, powers looked a bit beefier to me, the problems i heard about FI are it breaking motor mounts..... not good to me. i fab a lot of stuff but havent been around cages long enuff to make one, but if the FI does break motor mounts, then thats a flaw in teh design, only cause its stronger than what it is bolted to, if anything, id rather have a crakced weld on ANY brand cage, not a crakcked motor mount. i think i prove a pretty good point but you can only hit these htings so many times before somehting gives. i think teh cage shoudl give NOT the motor mount, i could care less about the cage, its the frame/motor mount im worried about.

just remember , cracked welds ar eeasier to fix than are motor mounts, as long as my cage gets here it dont matter, i think ive heard flaws about ALL companies, its preference i think...
Old 08-02-2004, 08:17 PM

slikz is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly, they are a great product but they are a small company and have to make the cages as they go along as they don't have them in stock. I love my cage and bar from them as they are solid as a f'n rock.

It did take an extremely long time to get mine though, and in the time I ordered to the time I got it... I busted my tail section to ****, cracked a case cover, busted both rearsets... but I made ends meet and made some **** out of steel and got an NRC.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:51 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

powers is still the best out there. everyone like a bitch when they can not get everything for free. get a real job all u haters then u can just buy one.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:04 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
powers is still the best out there. everyone like a bitch when they can not get everything for free. get a real job all u haters then u can just buy one.

im sorry did i say i was askin mine for free, i WON my cages, i didnt ask for it for free, they offered them to me later for free, but this was part of winning two events at psychofest, and i have a real job, i make good money for being a college student, i just spend more than most people too. so get off of powers nuts, they cant come through with a deal, thats bad business.

Last edited by Ryan Cramer; 08-02-2004 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:36 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by methodryder
You know, it's really funny...I think EVERYONE has had that same experience with them...SUPER slow shipping...COMPLETELY confused...We support and FI cages and Tim has done alot for us and makes a damned fine cage, but at the time we needed SRAD cages and Tim had not designed one yet (I cant really say whether he has yet or not either) so we had to go elsewhere and we had quite a funny experience with it too...I'm sure the cage will show up, but it takes forever and expect very little telephone support as they ussually dont know what's going on.

i have had no problem with them. When i ordered mine i had it within 3 days
Old 08-02-2004, 09:57 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

had no problems with powers got a cage in a week. was gonna call about a 12 bar-
Old 08-03-2004, 12:20 AM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

hope you don't have a 954 cuz with the way the bar is made,you can't run a tail light. I've run nothing but FI for over a year. same 12 bar,14 pads replaced on the same bar and not even the slightest clue of it giving up anytime soon.Tim even MADE a set of clamps for my R6 so I could run dirt bike bars. He's a good friend and a better man.

Quick Reply: Powers Bikeworx SUCK