Powers Bikeworx SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 10:44 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Powers Bikeworx SUCK

I have had no problems with powers.

I would recomend if anyone wants 2 talk sh@t about powers, talk it 2 them, not all over these forums.

good luck 2 all.......
Old 08-04-2004, 12:27 AM

j.b. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qtrac69er
But hey by the way who the hell are u i have never heard of u? ooh u won the longest stop big deal there is always some one else that will beat you
Thats why this site is great now a days
Today it's some two bit trick calling out a top rider,tomorrow its a 15 year old toe jam.
And people wonder why few pro's post here anymore.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:24 AM
Likes to poop

Mr. Negative is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by truckk
For 1 we didn't ask them to sponsor us they asked us! i run a powers cage right now and it is junk, and time for a new cage. so far within our group we have had the old powers cages and they broke parts on our bikes because of the weak metal used now they have stronger metal supposibly. we have waited since pyscho fest for our cages and still no sign. as far as i am concearned 905 is the way to go because the fi cages have broken 2 bikes so far(motor mounts & heads on motors)a 2003 r6, and a 929. unless powers pulls threw (2 months waiting) which i don't see happening i will pay top dollar anyday for a racing 905 cage
Then you'll be on here talking trash about 905, guess what they break **** too. I personaly know wheres theres a cracked *** 905 cage right now. You all think if you put a cage on your bike its bullet proof. Time too wake up bitches.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:01 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by j.b.
Today it's some two bit trick calling out a top rider,tomorrow its a 15 year old toe jam.
Due to huge growth...this type of chit happens...its common with large sites like this one...just let me know...ill take care of it...dont feed to these people...it makes it worse...report it...it gets taken care of....sounds gay...but it works out of 18k active users there are only 50/100 people who need to be babysat. its just a fad for them and they go away...

Originally Posted by X-treem C
I have had no problems with powers.

I would recomend if anyone wants 2 talk sh@t about powers, talk it 2 them, not all over these forums.
that is what is great about the internet...large volumes of people get to know whats up....if you read the 1st post of this thread...he has been dealing with this for 2 months... without letting the general public know...so here is his rant...what would you do if got the run around for 2 months??

this will be helpfull to powers as i see it...next time they wont dick people over...that is what im hoping for.

BTW.... FI cages are sold here on SL. So check out the SL store

ok...back to how powers suck
Old 08-04-2004, 06:02 AM

Kevin Emary is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a cage about a month ago (Haven't tried it out yet) but from the time I ordered it to when it was at my door was 3 weeks. They told me it would be awhile due to the large volume of business they were doing. I thought that they were really professional and polite. Atleast they don't take your money out of your account then 3 mo. later mail it!!! They wait until they mail it to take the money. That is more than I can say for some other stunt business that I know of that take your money out right away and you have to wait 3-4 mo. for the product AND don't get a respose back as to why!! And that is only for something that is already made like a DVD!!(I.e. Stuntlife)
Old 08-04-2004, 06:29 AM

xraycatj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bill parr
you need the cage to flex, or it will **** up the aluminum it is attatched to.
So what you need to do is make crumple zones by welding on upward pointing lengths of tubing. like 2 or 3 that will bend or break off instead of the cage. sounds stupid but i guarantee it will save a cage (oh yeah and the motor)
Old 08-04-2004, 07:21 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xraycatj
So what you need to do is make crumple zones by welding on upward pointing lengths of tubing. like 2 or 3 that will bend or break off instead of the cage. sounds stupid but i guarantee it will save a cage (oh yeah and the motor)
thing ism my 905 held up for like 4 or more 12 crashes and didnt bend beyond repair untill i looped, the bike caught the bar, flipped in the air, landed totally upside down, then bounced up 4 feet , landed on its side, bounced off the cage then landed on the other side if the cage. nothing on the bike broke, just the upper from when it landed upside down from 6 feet in the air. another thing, if the cage can be fixed, all you pay is shipping, arron at 905 will straighten it, replace anything he can. if its un fixable they replace it for half price, thats right a shipped cage for $125.00!!!! cant beat that.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:34 AM

Mi Xtremes Vig is an unknown quantity at this point

what do you expect when we dont even hear from you until a month after the pychofest show. you were supposed to contact us right away. i just started to work here right after the show.the reason why i came here is because powers bike worx has the best products out there, and thats from experience, trying out other products.you have to take in consideration that alot more people are are buying into powers and we are doing our best to produce more to meet all of their demands. there are alot of paying customers ahead of you and that we can not just drop them to get you what you needed cause you waited too long until you finally contacted us.you will not find a better product then powers. so i suggest you lighten up and approach situations in a better way instead of coming on here and bad mouthing a good business when it was your own fault ryan cramer. and as for you nags ill be in fl this weekend and all of october so you better be carfull of what you say!
Vig

powers bike worx is number one, hands down!
Old 08-04-2004, 08:46 AM

qtrac69er is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j.b.
Oh a trick hu all I was doing was telling like it is, i could care less if its some top rider or just a stunter. All I was trying to say is there is no need to get on here an bad mouth a great product and I really dont think its necessary to run your mouth about powers they are great but busy but if there busy that must mean people are wanting there product and it must be good. But the question is once again if powers is so bad why is the nations top 2 teams riding with there product?
Old 08-04-2004, 09:24 AM

c.m.c steve is an unknown quantity at this point

yo i cant even explain, how i feel about this cage crying issue these days.
if everyone wants to cry about cracking and breaking ****, take it off and make ur own, that way u can get it done the way u want and when ur whole fuking bike brakes u have no one to blame but ur damn self. whatever cage u have its garbage, anything that falls onto 400 lbs is gonna break or crack, so stop crying. as for cage shipping dilemmas, yea its slow and gay and were all little impatint ****, get over it, wait ur turn and stop complaining! i kno i hate the excuse, "were really busy" well bitches get more help! but if u dont like it, dont buy it or accept to have one!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:32 AM

Jay6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mi Xtremes Vig
what do you expect when we dont even hear from you until a month after the pychofest show. you were supposed to contact us right away. i just started to work here right after the show.the reason why i came here is because powers bike worx has the best products out there, and thats from experience, trying out other products.you have to take in consideration that alot more people are are buying into powers and we are doing our best to produce more to meet all of their demands. there are alot of paying customers ahead of you and that we can not just drop them to get you what you needed cause you waited too long until you finally contacted us.you will not find a better product then powers. so i suggest you lighten up and approach situations in a better way instead of coming on here and bad mouthing a good business when it was your own fault ryan cramer. and as for you nags ill be in fl this weekend and all of october so you better be carfull of what you say!
Vig

powers bike worx is number one, hands down!
I am just adding my here but IMHO that doesnt make any sense at all. If your giving a product away as a prize at a comp, isnt it YOUR responsibility to make sure the rider receives said prize? Then to come on here and tell people the reason for the late shipment is because there are paying customers ahead of him? You made a commitment by giving away your product as compensation which again in my opinion is the same as being a paying customer. Take this with a grain of salt
Old 08-04-2004, 12:10 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

well, as long as we're being "honest" it wasn't powers who promised anything. Those cages were promised to him because he won at an event. The event promoters made that promise, not powers. They are VERY backed up, but it's definitely for a legit reason. Many of you don't know, but powers is a welding company that has been in business for many years now. They are very professional people. Every business and organization can and will have snags, but what sets a company apart as PROFESSIONAL is their ability and techinique to come out of that snag.

Let's take this "they were at the powder coaters" example ....................powers came to the conclusion that a lot of their "delivery" issues (when they arose) were due to their cages being backed up at the powder coating company they used. One very busy powers, teamed with a very busy powder coater. So instead of just "working it out" the best they could, OR even finding a new powder coating comp., powers actually went WAY out of their way to purchase their own powder coating setup. They want to be able to be SSOOO efficient that they just bought their own setup, so they didn't have to rely on some other company to make their customers happy. They have bigger and better things in the worX as well ..... such as a professional CNC machine and a new facility, but that's not the issue really. The point is, is that everyone DOES get backed up and overworked at times. The way in which a company handles this is what we all need to be looking at. Powers is a straight up company that has been around before stuntlife even started, and they'll be here way after you all are done bickering on here too ....

If they are SOOOO shitty, and people just can't rely on them for anything, then WHY the hell do TEAM X-TREEME and STARBOYZ ride their ****, and count on THEM for everything and NO ONE else?? There are other teams also, BUT these 2 in particular, are actual businesses that have customers and deadlines as well ..... if powers "sucks" then why the hell would these 2 multi-MILLION dollar businesses deal with them??? they wouldn't. BUT they do, and they do for a reason .....

POWERS always comes through no matter what situation they are dealt. They have had snag after snag it seems like, and they just keep on comin. They gaurentee their product, and they do the best they can to handle the THOUSANDS of orders they have. Everyday they are coming up with ways to make what they do better for everyone and more efficient overall. These guys have the busiest shop I have ever seen, and they work constantly. These guys work sundays, nights, you name it! Give em some slack. And if you have an issue, take it up with them personally. Call them up and talk to them .... it's not hard. Some of you guys do comps and set up comps, you know how hard it is and how dreadfully stressful it can be (especially when the event gets close) ... well, these guys go through that stress everyday without a break or an end. EVERYDAY. But they still do their best. And like I said, they are working everyday on their products, but also on how to make things less stressful, which will equal more and better business for everyone. They are hiring more people, getting buildings & trailers, new machines, ect ect ect. If they can't respond sometimes, it's because they are working around the clock to get their stuff out to everyone .... they don't waste time and blow smoke up your *** by sending long emails filled with holes and stories like other companies out there that many people have encountered.

Regardless, there still is no reason to bad mouth anyone. That just creates yet another "snag" and makes things harder across the board. Everyone is always talking about how to make this "sport" work ect ect ect. well this kind of immaturity DEFINITLY hurts EVERYONE in more ways than one. CALL powers if you have any questions or issues .... it's not hard, and it actually would SAVE time instead of having to TYPE how you feel ..... and you actually get to hear someone on the other end ... (what a concept)

Happy new year
Old 08-04-2004, 12:13 PM

POWERS BIKEWORX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jbone
they did the same thing with our team said they wanted to sponsor us were great in the begining send a couple cages then all of a sudden they took money out of our account without even tellin us they were doin it we stopped the payment called them up and told them to f*ck off and all this was after we waited like 2 months for our other cages and they never came. not a big freestyle cage fan so we called aaron from racing 905 and he was the greatest guy to deal with ever sent us all new cages and bars within a week

justin
Justin,
This is Sue from Bikeworx and the entire statement above is a lie with the exception of the 905 part. First, I never bill until I ship, second, you never stopped payment on anything and third, you NEVER called here and told anyone to f*** off. Do not go public and say things that are not true.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:59 PM

STREETRACER is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh a trick hu all I was doing was telling like it is, i could care less if its some top rider or just a stunter. All I was trying to say is there is no need to get on here an bad mouth a great product and I really dont think its necessary to run your mouth about powers they are great but busy but if there busy that must mean people are wanting there product and it must be good. But the question is once again if powers is so bad why is the nations top 2 teams riding with there product?

ALL OF U THAT ARE CRYING ABOUT POWERS CAGES AN ****. ALL OF THE ****S OUT THERE THAT HAVE SUCH A BIG PROBLEM WITH THEM THEN CALL THEM UP AN RUN YOUR MOUTH TO THEM AN NOT ON HERE. AN I BET THAT THE SAME **** WOULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF THE OTHER COMPANIES THAT ARE OUT THERE. ALL SOME ONE HAS TO DO IS TALK **** ABOUT 905 OR FI AN U WILL SEE THE SAME THING THAT IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD ABOUT POWERS. AN ABOUT ALL THE BAD THINGS THAT U BITCHES SAY THAT U ARE HEARING ABOUT POWERS I DONT THINK THAT U ARE BEING HONEST ON HERE BC I HAVE HEAR NOTHING BAD ABOUT POWERS AN SEEN NOTHING THAT IS BAD ABOUT THEM. SO HOW ABOUT WE GET SOME ONE TO START A THREAD ABOUT 905 OR FI AN TALK **** ABOUT THEM AN HOW THEY SUCK. AN SEE WHAT ALL COMES UP. SO ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO MATT AN VIG AN ALL OF THE GUYS AT POWERS IS :YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-04-2004, 01:09 PM

BUSA KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Powers Will Take Care Of You No Matter What
Old 08-04-2004, 01:18 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

hehehehehe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	arguing.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	91575  
Old 08-04-2004, 01:19 PM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

OK HERE IS MY TIMELINE....

monday 8/2/04.... order cage at liek 2:30 or so, doesnt ship out cause i checked my card and it was never charged.

tuesday 8/3/04.... i call and say "hey my money is still here.... did it go out?" dude says "yeah, it went out today" this was at liek 11 am, so i knew they couldnt get it out monday.... fine.

wednesday 8/4/04.... i just woke up, go downstairs and its here. :YEAH
Old 08-04-2004, 01:37 PM
PsychoBuells Crazy Cracka

JAGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mi Xtremes Jeff
Powers **** is tough and they are straight up... Tyan, you may want to check with the Promotoer who set that **** up... i believe they owe for 3 cages still.. maybe there`s your problem...
You know what maybe the problem is? Maybe it is all the people who think they have a clue what they are talking about and have no idea. Maybe you will notice I refrained from commenting on this statement from you Jeff for a day or so, but the more I thought about it the more I thought it would be a good idea to ask some questions to you.

The damndest thing is your calling me out to the masses and for what? You and I never had any beef. Do you have such a great deal with any of your sponsors that you will cut your own peers off at the knees to look good in the eyes of the onlookers? Where you ever a part of the business dealings I had with Powers on a team level or for Psychofest? Have you personally read the hundreds of emails I have going back and forth with Powers about all the great business dealings we did together before they even knew who you were? The answer is no, and the question you might want to ask Powers the next time they are informing you about the business dealings they are having with me is if they would like Stunlife to see all these emails so we can clear this up once and for all. I am sure they would rather that info did not get posted up here, and to be honest, I think it would be a shame to have to do it. I professionally asked Powers in private to please stop telling everyone that I "owed them for three cages" and to please just do what they promised me. So far they have chosen to not do either. I have been very respectful of their wishes to make a very bad deal stay off these boards, but if I am going to be dragged into these threads by their supporters, I will in fact defend myself and my well earned reputation in this industry, and will be happy to show the stunt community the emails time stamped by both parties email systems. They tell the story, but I was trying to be professional and keep the beef off the boards. Maybe they will comment on the facts so everyone can be clear that the reason the cages were promised to the winners after Psychofest by staff at Powers, and never shipped yet has nothing to do with "the promoter" of Psychofest which for anyone who did not figure out, is me!

The bottom line is this! Powers cages are very good products! Hell, the first one ever built was on my bike and until just very recently, I regarded Powers as the only cage I would ride on my bike. This thread however is not about who's cages are freakin better, or how busy Powers is, or how many people will post to defend their cage company. The thread is about an agreement that was made in good faith as a marketing campaign for them, both over the phone and in writing on email, but with no signature from the "owner" of the business. As the mysterious "promoter" of this thread, I have had my private professional battles on the issue with Powers and have been told that without the "owners" signature, I had no agreement. Does not matter what Sue said. Does not matter what Matt said. I had to have a signature from the owner. This answer seems so incredibly convenient after the event. I mean, they got to come to the event, bring their whole crew, set up wherever they wanted to, sell and install their products, and during this two day process got more hype then any one sponsor that has ever sponsored a stunt event in the US. I had people calling from all over the country who did not even go to the event asking me if I in fact had given away Powers cages, Sha-Sha Shoes, Moto-Heaven.com Sprocket trophies, StuntRagz gloves, Stone Films DVDs, etc. It will change the way people run these events and vendors and sponsors have already called me about offering prizes to the winners of PsychoFest 2005. I was doing a good thing for a sponsor of my team here folks and now I am the bad guy??? Common now. There was no monies exchanged on this deal folks, just a honest handshake and several "Count us in on the deal" emails from them after beig given a very detailed proposal. Despite all the bs however, I can comfortably walk away from the Powers deal and look at it as learning experience and move on. I mean who am I kidding to think that my "shitty *** stunt team" would mean anything to them compared to the Starboyz and Team Xtreem? I can live with that and can live with the evolution of growth and the desire to have the big names rocking your product. However, the problem is that this issue hurts many more people than just me. Ryan was the first to speak his mind about it publicly. Do not forget he clearly states that he had email dealings with them, were made promises on ship dates and also states that he made many efforts to get them on the phone and on email when the cages did not srrive as expected. I do not know if any of it is true, but why would he lie about something like this??? He posted on our board about it, PM'd me many times, and that would be alot of bs work if he had just decided to persue the issue yesterday with one email and a phone call. He deserves those cages despite his anger for the situation just like all the other 1st place winners at PsychoFest 2004.

JAGMAN and Psychofest did their part. I would like to see Powers do their part, and professionally move on from this silly waste of time for all parties involved.

In closing, Cages are good for the sport, and thank God we have choices. It would suck to have only one choice. Competition is healthy if used professionally to improve the products. Let's see to it that it works for the benefit of all riders and companies in the industry. I respect each and every teams/riders decision to ride whatever they see works best for them. My team and I have chosen to do business with Mr. Tim Barnes and Freestyle Ingenuity, and would like to thank Tim for inviting us to join his stunt family. Tim and Freestyle Ingenuity will be joining us as a major event sponsor for Psychofest 2005! Going to be a great event!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:45 PM

jbone can only hope to improve

thats awesome not pc but awesome

and sue your a lyar you know who you talked too thats it im done
Old 08-04-2004, 02:19 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

im gonna go out on a limb and say they were paid, thats why there running those cages.

Quick Reply: Powers Bikeworx SUCK