Powers Bikeworx SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 02:02 AM

Xfrnohands is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Powers Bikeworx SUCK

Originally Posted by suicidl
powers is still the best out there. everyone like a bitch when they can not get everything for free. get a real job all u haters then u can just buy one.

For 1 we didn't ask them to sponsor us they asked us! i run a powers cage right now and it is junk, and time for a new cage. so far within our group we have had the old powers cages and they broke parts on our bikes because of the weak metal used now they have stronger metal supposibly. we have waited since pyscho fest for our cages and still no sign. as far as i am concearned 905 is the way to go because the fi cages have broken 2 bikes so far(motor mounts & heads on motors)a 2003 r6, and a 929. unless powers pulls threw (2 months waiting) which i don't see happening i will pay top dollar anyday for a racing 905 cage
Old 08-03-2004, 02:06 AM

Xfrnohands is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
Why didnt you just weld a new motor mount?
how it broke is crazy it's all messed up and would take many hours to try to fix it fi cages also broke the motor mount and head on another 1 of our teamates 929 i think that the frame sliders on the cages are too long and thats why they mess up motor mounts and motors.

we have a fi cage for a 2003 r6 if anybody wants to go threw motor mounts and motors we'll sell it too you
Old 08-03-2004, 02:52 AM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Powers Bikeworx SUCK

Stuntlife is forever pullin cage drama, best thing to do is to design and build your own just how u want it. Im sure that everyone has at least one person to turn to that knows how to weld and fab. I make all my own sh*t, cages 12 bar (etc). This way when sh*t gets fu(ked up you can blame yourself...
Old 08-03-2004, 05:53 AM

xraycatj is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just weld extra steel plates to cages to reinforce them. then they wont flex or bend or break.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:51 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

any cage will give if you pancake hard enough, or enough times, doesnt matter who makes, then you got to think, what are these cages ALL made of??? steel right??? steel against aluminum, the aluminum is gonna give first, just the way it works. if you are running any cage i suggest you do like i did and re-enforce your frame and motor mount "ears". this is not a shure way to save them but ill tell you from experience it helps. 1/2 inch plate aluminum welded over all the weak points in the frame. these arent hard to find, just look where every one elses frames are bustin after they stunt hard for a season. didnt feel like taking the tank off to show you the 3 other plates i got welded on, one on each side on the vertical weld where the main frame is welded together, one bent to fit and welded across where the welds meet the neck of the frame. its easy if you can weld and if you cant most shops wont charge much to do it. think about it, frames are expensive, and if you can stop from twisting a motor mount out you just saved your engine...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	welds 001.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	91404   Click image for larger version

Name:	welds 002.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	91405   Click image for larger version

Name:	welds 003.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	91406   Click image for larger version

Name:	welds 004.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	91407  

Last edited by bill parr; 08-03-2004 at 07:55 AM. Reason: add pics....
Old 08-03-2004, 07:57 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xraycatj
I would just weld extra steel plates to cages to reinforce them. then they wont flex or bend or break.
you need the cage to flex, or it will **** up the aluminum it is attatched to.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:32 PM

Kelly. is an unknown quantity at this point

i never had a problem with powers.
i saw on thier website that f4i cages were comin soon.
so i called them up and asked them how long till they are ready. sue told me they are ready, i bought one and it arrived at my house in ~ 5 days..

sorry about your luck
Old 08-03-2004, 02:36 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

ive emailed them several times askin how the progress is on my cage, they said its being shipped out this week, thats been there response, and theyve allways responded that day, well monday morning i emailed them asking for tracking numbers, i havent gotten an email back yet and dont think i will.

Last edited by Ryan Cramer; 08-04-2004 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:52 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

well me and jay soi are both sponsered by powers and i have not had one problem with them i know jay had a problem wioth his cage but they are taking care of it as we speak. i know i was up at there shop and they are a very busy shop and i know they were waiting for a ton of cages to get back from the powder coating place. Ryan i will call and talk to them for you and see what they say

Emrock
Old 08-03-2004, 04:09 PM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by llewsirc
sue told me they are ready
damm, that was a dude? sounded liek sol rosenberg from the jerky boys LOL

they DIDNt ship my cage out yesterday even tho they said they would, so this AM i told em "hey, money is still in my account... did it go out?" they said yeah, and teh money is gone so HOPEFULLY its on teh way
Old 08-03-2004, 04:13 PM

jbone can only hope to improve

we kept on getting the "cages are in the powder coating" thing too for 2 months f*ck them 905 the way to go
Old 08-03-2004, 08:41 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

905 Nukka's!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:49 PM

qtrac69er is an unknown quantity at this point

You know what I think I think you are all bitches bc for one you guys have to go on the computer an run your mouths like little kids. This isn't elementary school y dont you go to powers and tell them what you think oh that's right you cant bc ur all bitches that have to hide behind a computer. and for two i maybe a female but every were i go all i hear is powers cages are great and that there has been no problem with it yea it may have a couple bugs or what not but they fully stick behind there product. But hey by the way who the hell are u i have never heard of u? ooh u won the longest stop big deal there is always some one else that will beat you oh and if powers sucks then y is 2 of the nations best teams riding with there cages?
Old 08-03-2004, 09:09 PM

Mi Xtremes Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Powers **** is tough and they are straight up... Tyan, you may want to check with the Promotoer who set that **** up... i believe they owe for 3 cages still.. maybe there`s your problem... maybe coming on here trying to run downa business is the problem... DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND when you run down ****.. you think you`ll be getting anything?< A question

Power told me last week my cage was being shipped on tuesday.. guess the *** what.. i got it friday.. maybe cause i don`t get at`em with a bad tone, maybe you did.. maybe you didn`t..

My **** hit teh ground over 120 times i am positive.... NOT A FUKN CRACK ANYWHERE on the cages... so... maybe someone in thier shop was ready to leave early.. ****.. who knows... but i don`t think wrapping the mouth helps at all... if you want business, talk like it, i `ve watched other cages in action... GET REAL!!!!!!!!! Is only one cage maker beating the rest... and that would be POWERS.. and they `re coming strong.. progress my friends.. and they`re all over it!!!

be careful

i`ll be here all day.. g`night.. thank youuuuuuu
Old 08-03-2004, 09:49 PM
sss
I Chose to No Longer Post

sss is an unknown quantity at this point

i support dictionary.com

down with bad business
Old 08-03-2004, 10:04 PM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by Mi Xtremes Jeff
Powers **** is tough and they are straight up... Tyan, you may want to check with the Promotoer who set that **** up... i believe they owe for 3 cages still.. maybe there`s your problem... maybe coming on here trying to run downa business is the problem... DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND when you run down ****.. you think you`ll be getting anything?< A question

Power told me last week my cage was being shipped on tuesday.. guess the *** what.. i got it friday.. maybe cause i don`t get at`em with a bad tone, maybe you did.. maybe you didn`t..

My **** hit teh ground over 120 times i am positive.... NOT A FUKN CRACK ANYWHERE on the cages... so... maybe someone in thier shop was ready to leave early.. ****.. who knows... but i don`t think wrapping the mouth helps at all... if you want business, talk like it, i `ve watched other cages in action... GET REAL!!!!!!!!! Is only one cage maker beating the rest... and that would be POWERS.. and they `re coming strong.. progress my friends.. and they`re all over it!!!

be careful

i`ll be here all day.. g`night.. thank youuuuuuu

ive been positive for the last two months, i sent an email once a week to ask about my cages, not everday buggin the hell out of them, i posted on here, cause ive been hearing the same things from other riders at competitions, so i decided to post something on here since they have so many croanies on here postin about how good they are. And if you were sponsored by another cage company youd be lickin there ***** instead of powers.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:08 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
I'm with ya Ryan. Powers sucks. FI is the best way to go. Tim is one of the nicest and guys out there and a great buisness man. The cages also hold up great and are far less obtrusive than the others.
? Nags what problems have you had with POWERS..

or are you hopping on the wagon........
Old 08-03-2004, 10:08 PM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by qtrac69er
. But hey by the way who the hell are u i have never heard of u? ooh u won the longest stop big deal there is always some one else that will beat you laughing

damn, your right, i have no business being on this site

Last edited by Ryan Cramer; 08-03-2004 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:29 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
PLEASE let me know when these MORONS with NO respect give you ****.
We'll just delete them....to bad we cant just crack them upside there heads There is always someone who has to *** it up, but they are being delt with the only way we can...

OK....back to powers cages suck
Old 08-03-2004, 10:37 PM

Wild_Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
who are you???

see ya in Maine next month for www.northeastfsc.com :YEAH

Quick Reply: Powers Bikeworx SUCK