Think about this

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 01:46 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Think about this

i got it. americans are just pansies in general. peep game on this

our premier motorsport is nascar. solid cages with restricted motors driving in circles.

foriegn countries like cool ****.

rally racing!!?? c'mon those ****ers are nuts. cliffs, snow, jumps, miles upon miles of territory that is constantly changing.

drifting!!?? in japan drifting is HUGE. they use bikini models as cones. cool ****

in third world countries people ride bikes cuz their cheaper and get better gas mileage. here it's a status symbol

america is scared of us, like they are everything else. giving us fame and money would be like giving gang bangers guns. we're bad *** mother****ers, why pay bad *** dudes to be bad asses, they'll just get badder. it's funny to me, some big built dude will come to the show starrin everyone down, not knowing who's who. then my little *** will go out and snap and all of the sudden dudes swingin from my ***** cuz I'm the bad ***. ***** goofy, we got the image and the gimmick. look at the starboyz, they are out of control, breaking ****, starting fights, getting kicked outta here, spending nights in jail there. gotta give 'em props cuz they did it on their own. in the meantime Hollywood can give dudes like knoxville, steve-o, bam, blah blah blah tons of money cuz dudes are complete morons w/ filming permits? wtf, half of the **** they do is literally unachievable pointless nonsense. i don't/do get it. it makes little/no sense. wtf

why am I wasting time explaining this to you. i don't even have it figured out yet
Old 07-30-2004, 01:54 PM

prove to me that I'm wrong and I'll quit bitching.

you peeps think I'm about money and that's it. your lying to yourself. I'm disciplined in several genre's of riding and I still do all of it for fun. Money would be nice, don't get me wrong, and all of these peeps talkin about it get's me goin. honestly money means little or nothing to me, unfortunately you need it to live.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:48 PM
PsychoBuells Crazy Cracka

JAGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been in the industry now for 3 years. I am known by many but not for my riding talent. I have booked event after event after event for my team and everytime we do a show we are the highlight of the event. We do small drag strip shows with 5000 people and have done Airshows with 250,000 people. We are not the top riders in the sport by any means and never will be, but every show we do we get invited back for more. I designed a stunt competiton for the Northeast very similar to a Stuntwars or Stuntfest called Psychofest. Both events were talked about by those riders and fans who attended as one of the very best events ever, but yet both years I lost money becauise attendance was horrible...not little bits of money, to the tune of $5000 both years combined. That is alot of money to be and I had no "free" money for this event. That comes out of my pocket. Never mind the fact that I invested countless hours and money to just make the event happen. Both years, everyone who competed was paid in full on the spot no questions asked. This year they were not only paid in full but were also given some very nice prizes that I worked very hard to get for the winners of my events. I tried to pay fairly for peoples efforts, but yet it was not enough. Everyone pisses and moans and says prize monies have to be more. Where the hell do you people think the monies come from??? Do you really think that people are lining up to sponsor events like this? I had to make $15,000 just to break even on my stupid little event, and I fell over $3500 short. Everyone talks unity and support....where were you all at for my event? I want to pay more money but how can I when I keep losing money? Ryan Cramer, who happens to be a World Record Holder, drove all night by himself and came into my event Sunday morning with his eyes taped open just so he could compete and support the event. Sure, he knew it was a sure win for him, but the cat was trying to roll 900ft endos on no sleep and did. He walked away with $1000 cash, a free crash cage, and some really cool trophies. He told me it was the best event he had ever been to and would be back again. Where was everyone else??? Now I am not saying that I did not have alot of very talented riders, but the icons of the sport needed to be there and they were not. What more can a guy do to get the top riders in the country to his event? I started advertising the day after Psychofest the year before so it is not like people did not know about it. Let's face it, this sport will not come together the way we are going about it.

The answer is not the general stunt community...we will all get to play our part when the time is right. The answer is the icons, putting aside their own personal agendas, forgetting about the bs fights and struggles of the past, and joining as one unit to make this happen. These guys have what it takes to make big things happen. Talent on the bikes, talent off the bikes, and lots of personality!

When the top riders unite and ride together as one unit, attend events like PsychoFest, Stuntwars, and Stuntfest and begin to hype the sport up instead of themselves, we will be getting somehwere!

As Thew says...ONE LOVE!
JAGMAN
Old 07-30-2004, 04:12 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds to me like your problem isn't unity in the stunt community. It's in your fan base. Every stunt rider on this continent can show up to your event, but if you ain't got asses in the seats, it ain't going to pad any pockets. When you're advertising these events, do you think anybody outside our stunt community is going to know who the top riders are in our sport? Hell no, and they're not going to give a flying **** if they're there. I think you guys should quit worrying about pleasing the fellow stunters, and start thinking about how to please your fans.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by od1nixer
It sounds to me like your problem isn't unity in the stunt community. It's in your fan base. Every stunt rider on this continent can show up to your event, but if you ain't got asses in the seats, it ain't going to pad any pockets. When you're advertising these events, do you think anybody outside our stunt community is going to know who the top riders are in our sport? Hell no, and they're not going to give a flying **** if they're there. I think you guys should quit worrying about pleasing the fellow stunters, and start thinking about how to please your fans.
Agree with everything you said except the part about worrying about fellow stunters. I am not worried about most of them and they are not worried about me. We do not wake up saying to ourselves today I am going to make sure every stunter in America likes me, what I am doing or what I stand for. What we do agree on however is that we have to have fans in the stands, and most all of the events in the US are not getting that part done. How do we get them there? That is the question.

My thoughts are simple. You pick an all star line up. Whether the average Joe knows them from Adam is unimportant really. I chose to mention some of the top guys in our small little stunt world because they have at least proven their ability to get their name out there and have proven that as many come and go, they will be here working hard, surviving the days as they go by waiting for the chance to finally make it big. These guys have resumes full of shows, business ventures, and contacts. There is power in their numbers outside our small little world. They all are working for themselves right now...what would happen if they joined forces and efforts??? I am not sure it can happen though. This business is cut throat and if nothing else the survivors have learned that every edge is sacred. Look at Colbert. So quiet, but yet making a very healthy living doing what we all wish we were doing. Do you ever hear anything from that cat? No. You wanna know why? Because he is working and making money and he knows the minute he starts going Joe Public on the boards about what he is doing or his success, someone will try to cut him off at the knees and steal everything he has worked for. I am not saying he has lost his touch with us, or that he won't help people who have a true desire to see the sport grow, he has certainly helped me and I have nothiing but respect for him. That guy has it figured out, and just imagine if he and ten of the top riders in the country worked together, joined their resumes and contacts and went after the X-Games, ESPN, Speed, NASCAR as one unified front for this whole community. Would they turn them down. I do not think so.

I have a dream...but Rome was not built in a day my friends.

JAGMAN
Old 07-30-2004, 04:54 PM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO to put fans in the seats you have to go to them. That means all these biker rallies/roadrace events/half time shows/fmx/mx events/bike week /sturgis etc.... You have to take to the high populated areas NYC/L.A./HOUSTON/CHICAGO ETC.....

I think you're gonna crawl before walk...that means suck it up offer your services to these other promoters and get along w/ the other bikers/racers
I think you need their help ....because basically they are the family and they are already organized. i think people like dan jackson would have an inside on some of this,brian as well. they raced! how about having shows for impact and things of that nature. You dont always have to be paid, some shows should be an honor to do. Ea. team can take care of this sort of thing in their own region so everyone wont be traveling all over the place if they don't want to. I think this would be a step in the right direction to get alot of fans and give all types of people a chance to see what street freestyle is about.

Try it....I bet it works for you guys!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK~N~929
IMO to put fans in the seats you have to go to them. That means all these biker rallies/roadrace events/half time shows/fmx/mx events/bike week /sturgis etc.... You have to take to the high populated areas NYC/L.A./HOUSTON/CHICAGO ETC.....

I think you're gonna crawl before walk...that means suck it up offer your services to these other promoters and get along w/ the other bikers/racers
I think you need their help ....because basically they are the family and they are already organized. i think people like dan jackson would have an inside on some of this,brian as well. they raced! how about having shows for impact and things of that nature. You dont always have to be paid, some shows should be an honor to do. Ea. team can take care of this sort of thing in their own region so everyone wont be traveling all over the place if they don't want to. I think this would be a step in the right direction to get alot of fans and give all types of people a chance to see what street freestyle is about.

Try it....I bet it works for you guys!!!
Well said.

Your right...I think we all at one time were doing shows for free thinking it was damn cool to be showcased at some cool events. All it takes is doing the right event and meeting the right person who wants to buy into your program right? It happens everyday in business.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:18 PM

Jayseal22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an Idea here. I know you lost a lot on Psychofest but why not use another event to generate attendance just on crowd and the fact that there is a large diversity. For example. Carlisle BIke show. They have the entire other side of the fairgrounds. The road that they use as a track for Racing at the sports show by the highway. No stones smooth pavement, safe runout areas and room for spectators. or maybe some where else with another show. Ask the guys running it if say you held it in conjunction and people kicked in another few bucks to see the stunt show and More kinda of Crotch rocket gear. Alot of shops are missing out by selling all these chaps and bandanas and ****. I just don't think they care to sell to guys with not nearly as much money and more brains then some of these f**king Land Yacht gold wing people and Harley guys.

I needed more then a few thing form the show in Carlisle and no one was selling it. And I mean NO ONE. not a tank pad, not any lift stands, Plastic none of it.

I Saw the Trick Tape Sticker logo on the Legion bikes and was hoping they would have some stuff but Nada. The Bottom is droping out of the Cruiser bike market and all the young guys just comming of age are going to be getting crotch rockets. Its going to frgging explode anytime and I for one welcome it. BUt I would use the harley riders as a jump point. They all have kids and most are in to bikes.

I think you need some of these sponsers to show up at more events.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:25 PM

Ryan S is a decent person

clear channel DID take the cheap way out, i agree with rodger....why couldn't they televise any of the events?? x-games is pretty close, once this sport hits x-games, more and more sponsors will fall into our laps......which would be nice.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
clear channel DID take the cheap way out, i agree with rodger....why couldn't they televise any of the events?? x-games is pretty close, once this sport hits x-games, more and more sponsors will fall into our laps......which would be nice.
its simple really, you have a ton of riders that have vids out that all showcase streets. what major company wants a lawsuit because some 16 year old that just got his permit, saw this on their tv show, and then goes out & gets seriously hurt or even killed and his parents sui for millions. no company wants this and thats exactly why there is no coverage or major sponsors.

so all in all clear channel did the SMART thing by not promoting this and not losing millions because stunt riders are being irresponsible where they stunt.(and yes i wheelie all over and am just as irresponsible as you are)

i do the same things you do but i see it from their perspective. until you can do that you will never succeed. stop trying to impress each other, work on impressing the law, and then MAYBE this sport will take off. yes we all hate cops cuz they are dicks but thats the ONLY way this will happen.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:41 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by od1nixer
The reason they give a **** is because they're living off it. I really don't ****ing care about problems like these, and I sure as hell don't like being told to do something from the person that stands to profit from it. I think he's talking to a different crowd than the one I'm in, though. He's talking to the other people that think they have something to gain from it. The thing you people haven't realized, is that stuntriding is not a sport, it's a niche. Hell, even the words stuntriding, stuntlife, stunt competition have a queer ring to the ears of the mainstream public.
"Stuntriding" is a niche in the sport of motorcycling. Much like off-road motorcycling was in its early days, and then progressed to what we now see in motocross and the like. They all started out the way this niche did; a bunch of enthusiasts that enjoyed what they were doing. Many of these so-called professionals in our sheltered little corner of the sports spectrum, have lost sight of what made these other sports excel. They've lost sight of desire and enjoyment, because they're constantly averted by trying to make a living in the same sport that they used to enjoy. "But I still love to ride!" you'll say to me, and I believe you guys. But there's always unerlying motives that you're more in tune with. Everyone that gets shafted feels the urge to unleash an outburst like Roger did and the SL event, but the early off-road motorcycling enthusiasts didn't make the kind of money that freestyle motocross riders do today.
I think that motocross, and it's devilish spawn freestyle motocross, are a fluke. It came around at just the right time in our society, and captured the interest of a newly expanding demographic. It was fueled by youth, and imagination, and the hopes that everyone has. Everyone who could go out and buy a motorcycle could do it, legally. Then, when the elite emerged and showed the rest of the motorcycling community that they had the cajones to do things that the ordinary Joe couldn't do, the cream began to get scraped off and glorified. But I'm getting off track.
Early motocross champs weren't millionaires, they were ordinary joes working their *** off every day just like Roger. When they realized the prize money wouldn't add up to enough to take the family out to eat, they had to find a different source of income. Just like in many other race circles, the early champs moved to research and development, building bikes and parts that could make the ordinary joe think he could win races, too.
I've got to ****, and I've forgotten where this train was headed. So I'll just say, Tony D (and others in his circle), if you've made the decision to make a living off this and you're upset with the dividends, don't try to make money by telling us to try harder. Make money by making the rest of us want to spend money on you. Use your name with whatever weight it can throw around in the stunt community to sell something. Shows and competitions are decades away from making you a millionaire. This is not a sport, this is a niche that I highly doubt will make it into the "sport" category amongst all the other growing niches that hope to one day be a sport. I don't think the soft-minded citizens of the United States have room for another freestyle motocross.
this is the most intelligent thing i've EVER seen posted on this website. give it up people. make some wheelies and have some fun, cause its a dead end street.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:46 PM

how many spectators due you see in the stands at each taping of Fear Factor?

how many people watch Fear Factor?

doesn't matter, they don't pay for it.

jagman, i'm sorry, but the fact that you and your "psychogang" due shows at all baffles me. leave this to the top riders to unite and do it and quit dilluting the chances they have w/ your pathetic attempt at stunt riding. none of us are amped anymore cuz of situations like this. btw, do you pay attention at stunt events or competitions. i've noticed there is little or no crowd participation cuz there all to busy standing around with their arms crossed hatin telling their girlfriends "i can do that, but i don't want to **** my bike up". on the flip side events that are set up as demo's or exhibitions where the spectators aren't riders at all have had awesome crowd involvement. we had two shows in June that we're awesome. even w/ all that the promoter still lost his ***. we aren't the only people experiencing lack of attendance though. all kinds of venues are experiencing a slow time whether it's concerts, theatre, trade shows, etc. tough time to be in the entertainment business all together. reality tv has taken over and americans are even more worthless and brainwashed.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RONNIE
blah blah... how many of you were at xsba last year? even one of em? if you werent there and knew about it.. YER THE PROBLEM!! get off yer ***. i dont have the money, i got this responsibilty i got that responsibility, phuckin waaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! i made it and i have just as many things goin on as any of you.. so stop yer whinin and go ride yer bike... oh wait.. too late, xsba aint around no more due to the lack of competitors showin up!! everyone just keep makin lil video clips for stuntlife so we can show all the other stunters who is doin what instead of showin the people that matter.. HEY ALPINESTARS, will you pay me money next year?? i can ride a big ole wheelies in a parkin lot! ALPINESTARS response would probably imply you grabbing your ankles and getting phucked. they wanna see somethin solid that proves we are growing, such as the XSBA. when we tell malcomb that there is no more XSBA cuz none of the lazy *** stunters would show up, im sure he is ready to go to the office and rant and rave about our "sport" . if everyone is too dumb to figure it out, then we fer sher have no chance.. lol. i dont usually care to reply to anything, but when i see 50 people actin like they care when the truth is they couldnt make it 100 miles away from home last year, it just irritates the **** out of me... if ya didnt wanna go cuz you dont care about the future of the sport really, thats fine. joe brown dont show up, but he dont bitch about it or hold his breath for it. thats his decision and you gotta respect a mans decision. its the ones that bitch but dont wanna participate that rub me wrong.
the only reason we did not go to the nsra event is insurance reasons, they said that we would have to have ins cards, I am here to tell ya, I know atleast 5 other people that did not got for that same reason, that right there is going to create low turn out, i don't have health ins , I pay cash for my visits and b/c of that reason I didn't go,
Old 07-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ice Mike
Anyone know if Redbull has ever gotten its hands into stunt riding. I know they put on all kinds of events all around the world that help promote and develop underground sports and riding. I'll do some research and see if I can't get ahold of somone with Redbull.
we have some connections with red bull and there is no market for them yet, dude I have been working with my rep for about yr now, the only thing they can do now is gas reimbursement and product, they don't want to be part of anything illegal, ex: riding a wheelie on public streets, straight from red bull, now how many people can keep it off the streets? yea right, it seem like the more you tell em it is like they do it even more, we all need to unite and get on the same page, gatorade, powerade, same view as red bull
Old 07-30-2004, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by XRodgCC

jagman, i'm sorry, but the fact that you and your "psychogang" due shows at all baffles me. leave this to the top riders to unite and do it and quit dilluting the chances they have w/ your pathetic attempt at stunt riding. none of us are amped anymore cuz of situations like this.
Bro you are a bitter rider who I respect for your riding skills but clearly you are missing the point here and in the process just are losing the little bit of respect you have coming to you. People are pleading with you to stop pissing and moaning. Everyone agrees that you are a very talented rider, but every chance you get to **** and moan you do. I do not care what you think about me and I hope it eats at you and many other riders in this industry just how busy my "pathetic" team is because that is the problem with this industry. How many talented riders like you are not making money while us "pathetic" teams are making thousands of dollars every weekend? While your killing yourself in a parking lot getting better than me I am at a show getting paid. It is all marketing bro. The general public wants noise, burnouts, speed wheelies, stoppies and crashes. They do not care about high chair scrapes, slow wheelies and most do not have a clue how hard circle wheelies are. But guess what, I do and I respect anyone who can do them incluing you.

Sad you burn a bridge that you did not need to burn. Do you feel better knowing now that you told the world something it already knows...Smart riders with business sense and level heads are making money, not hot heads who cannot control their mouths.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:58 PM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree the things that were said were uncalled for and selfish. Jagman not only rides but gives other "TOP RIDERS" a place to come and have a chance to compete for some money and to be visible. How can you knock the Man for holding a event that caters to your needs? I guess you will have to hate on every person who holds an event that doesn't ride to your standards. Your out of line and you need to rethink what you posted. Atleast hes off his *** doing something instead of pointing fingers. It's gonna take everyone to make this happen...so get over yourself and start mending bridges=you need these people.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

As Guru from gangstar said"this year, sucka's are going nowhere"...

Instead of having a contest to show skills and get the fans hype, why not have a contest to show who has the biggest ego's and let the fans judge that...

This sport will never take off with people are always beefing with each other and not helping each other... And it seems to many riders are out to impress other riders and get the internet fame instead of doing some thing more with the skills they have... "PLAY GROUND LEGENDS"bout says it best, cause thats what seems like most are out for...
Old 07-30-2004, 10:06 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

i gave up trying to support different organizations. it's pointless, nobody wants to work together to make one set of rules and comps, everyone wants their own thing. until they can get past that, this won't be a sport. i practice on my own now, ride with my team, but i get my fun out of racing MX now because at least i know it's ama and not just a different person putting it on each time.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:35 PM

Alexander is an unknown quantity at this point

As competitive as this sport gets out on the track, stunt riding is still one of the friendliest sports. During a competition everyone compeets yet if groups of people get together, informally they have a wonderfull time, at least till cops break it up. Stunt riding should have been made an official sport years ago, but there were only a handfull of people doing it and there wasn't too many well made sport bikes to ride, it really took off when 900RRs came out. The other thing is that stunting reputation has been screwed up by many "morons" out on the streets, people that think they are all that, that attracted much of negative publicity by their means of crashing and trashing cops... The only way that this sport can bloom is if unity is put in place. I mean that many of the competitions are judged more by the crowd then by rider's actual performance. ex: There was a competition a few weeks ago, a friend of mine went, and from many of my friends (i was not able to go) i heard that he was probably the best rider out there of all people that entered. My friends said that he was the only person who could do no handers and decent circles, yet his team took second. They said that the only reason why the other team beat them was because 3 guys came out put their bires on cages and started doing endless chainsaws.
The competitions now are more about crowd pleasing trics than the technical and prescision ones. The sport won't progress untill it is the other way around. The sport also wont progress untill there is more support for it around the world. There were people stunting in europe a long time ago, but now the sport there has died compleately. People in europe, as well as in asia, use bikes to get from A to B and save gas. You dont see many sport bikes in other parts of the world, and most population is out there. If we can get national level competitions to start happening, move their locations around the world for publicity,then we can get people, fans, to get interested in what we do and hopefully get them to try it out and soon compeet.
I also do agree on that money is a big issue, money is the thing that drives this world, unfortunately. But even without money, even without getting big corporations to sponsor big events, why cant we make this sport the best it can be, why can't we organize the competitions that are held, then and maybe then, when everything is organized, will big companies look to sponsor it, nobody wants to pay for a big mess that it is now...
Lastly, stunting is more of a sport than racing is; it requires more technical precision than any kind of racing, especially NASCAR and big bike drag racing. By all means it should be in XGames or even stand alone like racing on separate tracks and stadiums...
Old 07-30-2004, 10:44 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

What about surfing, BEEN AROUND FOR AGES, and it took 9 years for it to get into the XGAMES, why, cause theres so many surfers and not every surfer gets the best wave (kinda like people bitching about judging). so what did they do, they seperated them, and made them compete against eachother as regions , i think it would be fun to see North vs. South, you could use categories like Freestyle, Long Endo , Sickest Trick, maybe even slalom burnout DRAGRACE, Each category having the best representatives going against eachother as a team, and Determine Who wins gold, and that way each rider of that team is considered a winner no matter how small or big he may have contributed. It can be done folks, and another thing, surfing is cool, but it does get boring after a while, that is another sport that is VERY technical, with little big air moves, but ITS HUGE, its a LIFESTYLE that attracts people's attention, and one more thing, your team was determined by where you were born i believe............

Last edited by Ryan Cramer; 07-30-2004 at 11:43 PM.