Think about this

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person
Re: Think about this

Stunting isnt dead? there are more people collectivley doing this sport now more than ever... there are videos, tee shirts, stickers, web sites, magazines, hell whole companies (RACING 905) all deadicated to this sport and your going claim its dead? more money is being generated from this sport then EVER. the video market may becomming saturated and that sucks for teams like mine who rely heavily on that money to fund our continued drive to make this sport our life. But that doesnt suck because it show that more and more people are becomming interested in this "Sport". why is it dead!? cause in the last two weeks no new tricks have evolved? it takes time.. years in fact. Dirtbike FMX didnt just pop up over night. there are plenty of sponsors dumping a lot of money into the sportbike freestyle stunting already. my team in the last three weeks have cleared two specific gaps that are more impactful to our sport then in my opinion then any have EVER been made!!! What exactly they were at this time im not allowed to say, but needles to say we are extremely excited. the more people that do this sport. the more people that spends hours, and months, and years of their life being dedicated to perfecting their "lil art of wheelies" the better. all this time and effort wont go to waste as long as you stick to it. Stuntriding is dead is probably the most retarded thing ive read all week... every show, event, promo we do is packed full of people who have never even been introduced to our "sport" and your going to say its dead? stuntriding isnt dead but your hopes are if you wanna give up that easy... please.. give up. the people who refuse to are the ones that will benefit from it. This sport hasnt even started yet and people are already cryin about how its dead? thats sad.

Kane "insane" Friesen
Team Las Vegas Extremes
---------
Old 07-29-2004, 01:29 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Stunting isnt dead? there are more people collectivley doing this sport now more than ever... there are videos, tee shirts, stickers, web sites, magazines, hell whole companies (RACING 905) all deadicated to this sport and your going claim its dead? more money is being generated from this sport then EVER. the video market may becomming saturated and that sucks for teams like mine who rely heavily on that money to fund our continued drive to make this sport our life. But that doesnt suck because it show that more and more people are becomming interested in this "Sport". why is it dead!? cause in the last two weeks no new tricks have evolved? it takes time.. years in fact. Dirtbike FMX didnt just pop up over night. there are plenty of sponsors dumping a lot of money into the sportbike freestyle stunting already. my team in the last three weeks have cleared two specific gaps that are more impactful to our sport then in my opinion then any have EVER been made!!! What exactly they were at this time im not allowed to say, but needles to say we are extremely excited. the more people that do this sport. the more people that spends hours, and months, and years of their life being dedicated to perfecting their "lil art of wheelies" the better. all this time and effort wont go to waste as long as you stick to it. Stuntriding is dead is probably the most retarded thing ive read all week... every show, event, promo we do is packed full of people who have never even been introduced to our "sport" and your going to say its dead? stuntriding isnt dead but your hopes are if you wanna give up that easy... please.. give up. the people who refuse to are the ones that will benefit from it. This sport hasnt even started yet and people are already cryin about how its dead? thats sad.

Kane "insane" Friesen
Team Las Vegas Extremes
---------

there are alot of T shirts , videos , stickers, and what not, but a majority of the stunters dont buy ****, cause their all a bunch of broke asses, if Johnny Stunter would by a shirt from Frankie Wheelie, then when Johnny has a tshirt to sell, Frankie better be buyin, self supporting could be keeping us all afloat and then some, but everybody wants all this **** for free cause of who they are, and then when they get some merchandise, nobodies buyin from him, cause of the free **** they gave him.

BOTTOM LINE, its 15-20 bucks a shirt, 25 for a DVD, start collectin pennies or something, OR DONT EXPECT SOMETHING FOR FREE.

and yes its different when someone gives ya something from a promtional box but those are smart business people. and thats all taken care off anyway.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:33 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

The Bottom Line Is Money. We Need Sponsors To Make This A Mainstream Sport. To Get Sponsors You Have To Show Them A Market That They'll Stand To Make Money [ Vendors, Riders, Fans, Staff, Everyone].

Show The Sponsors That At The End Of A Show You Hope That As Least One Rider [that Doesn't Stunt Yet] Gets Pumped Up And Goes Out A Buys A Cage, Bar, Jacket, Sliders, Videos, Maybe A New Bike... So On So Forth. Out Of The ,let's Say 1000 People In Attendence ,100 People Spend 100.00 That's 10 Grand. That's Not Looking At Entry Fees, Gate Fees. Just Stunt Related Mechandise.

This Mtv ''life Of An Urban Street Bike Warrior'' [might Be The Wrong Title] That's The Kind Of Press That Will Bring Our Lifestyle Mainstream. Good Or Bad It'll Be The First Real World Wide Representation Of Stunt Bike Riding, I Know The Stone Bros Will Bring Us To The Frontlines In Style.

Everyone Who Would Like To Make A Somewhat Living Stunt Riding, Needs To Start Thinking Longterm, Not What Can I Do To Make Money, But What Can We Do To Make Everyone Involved Money, Unify.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:55 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

ho hum
Old 07-29-2004, 01:56 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nefarious
gangsta is as gangsta does... thats not gonna change anytime soon... 95% of the new videos coming out are about padding pockets, not the growth of the sport. Just because you can make a video that sells, doesnt negate any responsiblity. Half the videos out there shouldnt be on the market on production value alone, nevermind the negative implications on this so called sport.
100%TRUTH'''' START THINKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND NOT YOUR SELF THAT WOULD HELP ALOT
Old 07-29-2004, 02:07 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point

what should we do tony d?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:28 PM

gsxrtigger is an unknown quantity at this point

Money is always the bottom line!!! After that, is where these events will be held. The only way that this can be looked at by any sponsors(big name companys) is if someone or something puts in a few hundred thousand. If anyone is going to do it, it needs to be done right the first time.

There needs to be only ONE SERIES created and to last one good year. This SERIES would contain a number of events which would be held in different cities and states around the US(working/planned around weather conditions). A report(everything needs to be on paper) will be made after every event. This report will contain all statistics i.e., competitors, rental of location, spectators, parking fees, etc. After one good year, this whole file can be the selling point to big name sponsors(ESPN 2, SpeedVision, etc.) These companies will ONLY look when it is a SUCCESS first. Then after its a success on ESPN or SpeedVision, look forward to big name companies(Mountain Dew, Camel, Suzuki) calling the winners for commercials and investing money into their participation.

So the only way anyone could help, is to find someone who is just balling out of control and likes watching or being involved in STUNTING. Then convincing them that their money will turn into more money. People with money don't want to go broke, that is why it is so hard to find someone to gamble that kind of money.

We all believe that this is not just a hobby, but a lifestyle and a growing sport. The only thing left to do is convince the millions of people around us that it is a sport worth watching on T.V. on a Sunday afternoon. There is much more to be said, but I would rather show up to a meeting.

"G"
SIC Riders
760-583-9165
Old 07-29-2004, 02:41 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point

blah blah... how many of you were at xsba last year? even one of em? if you werent there and knew about it.. YER THE PROBLEM!! get off yer ***. i dont have the money, i got this responsibilty i got that responsibility, phuckin waaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! i made it and i have just as many things goin on as any of you.. so stop yer whinin and go ride yer bike... oh wait.. too late, xsba aint around no more due to the lack of competitors showin up!! everyone just keep makin lil video clips for stuntlife so we can show all the other stunters who is doin what instead of showin the people that matter.. HEY ALPINESTARS, will you pay me money next year?? i can ride a big ole wheelies in a parkin lot! ALPINESTARS response would probably imply you grabbing your ankles and getting phucked. they wanna see somethin solid that proves we are growing, such as the XSBA. when we tell malcomb that there is no more XSBA cuz none of the lazy *** stunters would show up, im sure he is ready to go to the office and rant and rave about our "sport" . if everyone is too dumb to figure it out, then we fer sher have no chance.. lol. i dont usually care to reply to anything, but when i see 50 people actin like they care when the truth is they couldnt make it 100 miles away from home last year, it just irritates the **** out of me... if ya didnt wanna go cuz you dont care about the future of the sport really, thats fine. joe brown dont show up, but he dont bitch about it or hold his breath for it. thats his decision and you gotta respect a mans decision. its the ones that bitch but dont wanna participate that rub me wrong.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:47 PM

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merk
what should we do tony d?
buy some ****...you heard Ryan....of the sales i make, a low percentage is actually from stuntriders. most of it is from spectators or fans of our hobbie hope to be sport, which is not a bad thing because it gets the word out. As my company grows it gives me some xtra money to put aside to help sponsor events. i have been doing things like making event shirts or offering placement prizes for competitions. i am not the only company trying to help there are others but it is just going to take time this **** is not going to happen overnight. the market does appear at times to become flooded with vids and merch because everyone thinks they can make a quick buck, but i will tell you it is false expectations. those individuals are not thinking long term. unless you work at it everyday and keep pecking away you will not achieve ****.

if some individuals want the gangsta image, let them have it. be yourself, and stop worrying about everyone else. they are trying to make there way the best way they know how, just like you. they are not going to ruin the sport they will simply partician it. when large company decides to sponsor an event or rider they will determine who and what they want. so do what you do best and keep pushing.

i went to both xsba and nsra last year and showed support.

if it was easy, it would not be work..

as the saying goes....Rome wasnt built overnight
Old 07-29-2004, 04:04 PM

3Fifty is an unknown quantity at this point

Supply and Demand. We dont have the demand right now, and until it appeals to the public, good luck getting big name sponsors. We tried out here to get Dickens Cider to sponsor something at the speedway, and we couldnt seem to come together with them. It was a pain in the a$$ from what I could tell. Problem is, stunting and traveling the country is more or less a full time job that doesnt pay like a full time job...

I think everyone here wants to see this come to the level where we could be at the X-Games, and I hope it does, but other than marketing what we got, I'm not sure what else there is to do...
Old 07-29-2004, 04:25 PM

StreetHeat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony D

How about the dudes that wrote the constitution, what if they kept it gangsta. And never fought to make things better? and kept drilling at the dark side of things.
Come on now--- dont miss the boat

Dude, you didn't just compare Stunt riding going mainstream to our Forefathers putting our Freedom as a country into writing, DID YOU??!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Old School

Ice Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know if Redbull has ever gotten its hands into stunt riding. I know they put on all kinds of events all around the world that help promote and develop underground sports and riding. I'll do some research and see if I can't get ahold of somone with Redbull.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:54 PM

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sclevela
that being said its funny to me that the same **** gets posted every fewmonths or so........by the same people (the people who honestly give a **** i mean not necessarily the same individuals)
The reason they give a **** is because they're living off it. I really don't ****ing care about problems like these, and I sure as hell don't like being told to do something from the person that stands to profit from it. I think he's talking to a different crowd than the one I'm in, though. He's talking to the other people that think they have something to gain from it. The thing you people haven't realized, is that stuntriding is not a sport, it's a niche. Hell, even the words stuntriding, stuntlife, stunt competition have a queer ring to the ears of the mainstream public.
"Stuntriding" is a niche in the sport of motorcycling. Much like off-road motorcycling was in its early days, and then progressed to what we now see in motocross and the like. They all started out the way this niche did; a bunch of enthusiasts that enjoyed what they were doing. Many of these so-called professionals in our sheltered little corner of the sports spectrum, have lost sight of what made these other sports excel. They've lost sight of desire and enjoyment, because they're constantly averted by trying to make a living in the same sport that they used to enjoy. "But I still love to ride!" you'll say to me, and I believe you guys. But there's always unerlying motives that you're more in tune with. Everyone that gets shafted feels the urge to unleash an outburst like Roger did and the SL event, but the early off-road motorcycling enthusiasts didn't make the kind of money that freestyle motocross riders do today.
I think that motocross, and it's devilish spawn freestyle motocross, are a fluke. It came around at just the right time in our society, and captured the interest of a newly expanding demographic. It was fueled by youth, and imagination, and the hopes that everyone has. Everyone who could go out and buy a motorcycle could do it, legally. Then, when the elite emerged and showed the rest of the motorcycling community that they had the cajones to do things that the ordinary Joe couldn't do, the cream began to get scraped off and glorified. But I'm getting off track.
Early motocross champs weren't millionaires, they were ordinary joes working their *** off every day just like Roger. When they realized the prize money wouldn't add up to enough to take the family out to eat, they had to find a different source of income. Just like in many other race circles, the early champs moved to research and development, building bikes and parts that could make the ordinary joe think he could win races, too.
I've got to ****, and I've forgotten where this train was headed. So I'll just say, Tony D (and others in his circle), if you've made the decision to make a living off this and you're upset with the dividends, don't try to make money by telling us to try harder. Make money by making the rest of us want to spend money on you. Use your name with whatever weight it can throw around in the stunt community to sell something. Shows and competitions are decades away from making you a millionaire. This is not a sport, this is a niche that I highly doubt will make it into the "sport" category amongst all the other growing niches that hope to one day be a sport. I don't think the soft-minded citizens of the United States have room for another freestyle motocross.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:17 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kaneone
This sport hasnt even started yet and people are already cryin about how its dead?

The only thing "deader" than stuntriding is bar tricks. Nice handstand.

keep telling yourself you'll be main stream.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:39 PM
ags

ags is an unknown quantity at this point

learn from fmx
Old 07-29-2004, 08:52 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point

fmx is dead

stunting is dead

"nextel" cup is thriving

i skimmed this thread briefly. here's my .02

xsba could have carried this sport on it's back like they did fmx, moster trucks, supercross, arenacros, 90% of radio stations, most pop concerts, good amount of tv media, a huge chunk of billboard publicity, and some other **** they own that i don't know about. they put a low *** shitty overhead and expected us to lose money. fah q that.

too many peeps are selling shirts, hats, vids, stickers, bars, cages, sliders, jackets, vests, blah, blah, blah to play that card.

competitions have not and will not be judged correctly. they will have to be based on true facts everyone witnessed. therefor longest endo, longest coaster, fastest wheelie, slowest wheelie, most circles, blah, blah, blah.

it can happen. peeps just need to be so worried off profiting from it. at this point i realize it's hopeless, and I'm riding for me. promoter bullshit. real stunt riders should stick together and shun out all these leaches. start a union or some ****.

Old 07-29-2004, 09:13 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

theres some good points being made here...........

I totally agree that we need a major sanctioning body for this sport to survive. But we need a major sanctioning body that is fair. Its hard for someone that lives on one side of the country to support and participate in events that are strictly catered towards the east coast. I never understood that. How can you expect to have a successful point series while neglecting a whole portion of the country. Its just never gonna work. Which ever sanctioning body decides to step up next and take over is gonna have to address this.

As for the all the videos being put out on stuntlife I disagree. Stuntlife is the biggest form of free advertisement we have. Take advantage of it. We put videos out for promotion as well as your viewing pleasure. Without videos this place would suck. Not only do we use them as promotion on stuntlife, but we use them as promotion in the business world everyday. We try and be as professional as possible. It is possible to pick up sponsorship from videos if your professional enough. We have so much stuff in the works right now all by promoting ourselves the right way. Our videos are being played in bars and clubs here as well as in California. So putting out professional videos can pay off.

Now everyone here knows that this did all start in the streets and your always gonna have people that stay true to that. Now thats ok but if your planning on promoting yourself professionally in my opinion your gonna have to sway away from the streets a bit. Nothing against the streets cause I have nothing but respect for the streets. But face it this "sport" is illegal and that can only take you so far. Now if you have permission to be somewhere and practice then that takes the illegalness out of it. Then it is more portrayed as a "sport" due to you having permission to be there. Cops cant do you a thing but sit and enjoy the show. Thats where this "sport" becomes accepted. Theres local police department and sheriffs department police here that have our stickers all over there cars. They love watching us practice. They visit our site regularly and respect us cause we're trying to do it the right way. Now I cant say that we stay off the streets 100% cause face it, here in the US thats what sells. Now if we are planning on making this a legit sport then we're gonna have to clean it up a bit. Thats the bottomline.

Now I know that some of these things can get you some bad publicity from stuntlife but who cares. Theres always gonna be someone that says this or says that. Like streets for instance. Theres always someone that will criticize you for riding the lots. As if its any different from the streets. Cause a true rider will know that theres no difference skill wise. If you can do one you can do the other no problem. Same goes for the whole "cheating" topic. Im so sick and tired of hearing that already. Saying that something is cheating is a lame form of hating. If its so easy do it. Instead of giving props like they should people gotta say its cheating just cause they cant do it. I dont understand this.

Now I in no way meant any disrespect by all this. This is just my opinion on a few topics.

EDUB
Old 07-29-2004, 09:14 PM

dan gates can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by XRodgCC
fmx is dead

stunting is dead

"nextel" cup is thriving

i skimmed this thread briefly. here's my .02

xsba could have carried this sport on it's back like they did fmx, moster trucks, supercross, arenacros, 90% of radio stations, most pop concerts, good amount of tv media, a huge chunk of billboard publicity, and some other **** they own that i don't know about. they put a low *** shitty overhead and expected us to lose money. fah q that.

too many peeps are selling shirts, hats, vids, stickers, bars, cages, sliders, jackets, vests, blah, blah, blah to play that card.

competitions have not and will not be judged correctly. they will have to be based on true facts everyone witnessed. therefor longest endo, longest coaster, fastest wheelie, slowest wheelie, most circles, blah, blah, blah.

it can happen. peeps just need to be so worried off profiting from it. at this point i realize it's hopeless, and I'm riding for me. promoter bullshit. real stunt riders should stick together and shun out all these leaches. start a union or some ****.

try to argue with that. it couldn't be more true. last time i checked. the sport is growin just not supported enough or by the right people and riders are giving up too easy like when they started they thought there would be millions of dollars involved.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:51 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point

losin money, too far away... EXCUSES! suck it up!