Special No Thanks To...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Special No Thanks To...

Originally Posted by DLish
this is why "comps" should be measured, not judged, ex: LONGEST coaster, stoppie; MOST circles, ect... measured, undisputable, fair, ect...
good point, if it was measured it is black and white who the winner is, that way you know right away who the winner is
Old 07-20-2004, 10:17 AM

miked is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with you rodg that the judging is bullshit, especially going by "crowd applause". that is nonsense because the crowd knows nohing. that is why its a comp, not a show. but dude you are wasting your breath. these comps will always be a joke and face it, they really dont matter at all.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:40 AM
G97

G97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN
rodge, dont knock the judging, the **** was fair!

heres an example of how the runs could be different: 5 judges total

xrodge: diff - 18 ..... exec - 17 ...... overall (3 judges) - 16-16-17

toast: diff - 16 ..... exec - 17 ...... overall (3 judges) - 17-17-18

i dont have the right talleys, this is just an example of how toast could beat rodgcc in the sickest trick comp!

toast wins by 1 point.....just like the outcome of this event!

I agree scraping a high chair is more difficult then standing on top of your fairing, so if toast says this is bullshit.....then swap the cash and call it even!

DJ
Thanks for the insight. Just a quick point for clarification. In this example Rog completes a stunt that is rated as being more difficult. But yet receives the same score on execution?

I guess I can live with that but doesn’t it make more sense to have a multiplier effect that is correlated with the difficulty score. I mean what would prevent anyone from doing a less difficult stunt, take the point reduction on the difficulty scale but then make it up on the other scores. since it was easier it was performed perfectly.

The scoring scale is skewed to faver less difficult stunts. This is whack. A competitier should be rewarded more for pulling off a more difficult stunt across the entire scale, not just for the difficulty level itself.

Watch any judging event in the Olympics and they all have a dificulty multiplyer not just a score.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:47 AM

KCMW Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brandie

That is the funniest **** I've seen in a long time LMFAO!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:47 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person

I can't believe the bandwith being wasted here. I know I'm contributing but this post should really stop here. I'm the last one, enough.

(Thanks person above) this really says it all:

Old 07-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

Let me clairify exactly what happened... This was the sickest trick competition which is an event that is upposed to showcase the best new tricks out. And the winner should be someone who pulls offa trick that is brand new and unheard of. These days the tricks are so limited cause someone is doing everything you could imagine.... or so we think. So as to not limit the amount of entrys we didnt call it sickest new trick like we did last year because we only had a couple entrys with that name. Anyway...

Play by play... In this event you get 3 passes to pull off your trick.
Rodgers run:
1st pass he came out and scraped a highchair, 2nd pass scraped a highchair again, and the 3rd pass he scraped 6 times in a row! It was awesome!!
Toasts run:
He came out did a wheelie and put the bike on the bar. He proceeded to jump to the seat while the bike is still moving, then out of nowhere he jumps up onto the headlights on his F4i... While the bike is moving... one fluid motion he jumps from the seat to one foot on each headlight and stands straight up... towering 6-7 feet abover the track with his bike moving he is standing on the headlights.
None of us had ever seen that trick before. We have seen the watchtower variations, staning on the frame sliders, sittin on the front fairing, one footy on the tank one on the to, even standing on the fork tubes, but to jump from the seat to the headlight and stand vertical in one fluid motion none of us had ever seen.
We had already watched a few guys scraping highchairs in the individual freestyle qualifying. Its an awesome, difficult and technical move but isnt a new trick as Kyle Woods video of him parking highchairs came out almost a year ago. Many of my friends park highchairs and many competitors at teh event can park them. None of them entered the sickest new trick event with that because it is not a new trick.

Rodgers trick was surely more technical and probably alot more difficult than Toast's, but that was not the most technical trick competition, it was the best new trick competition also known as sickest trick... We have all seen this event before, whoever comes out with the newest and freshest trick wins. And Toast had it this particular day.

Im sorry if there was a misunderstanding as to if this was sickest trick comp, most technical trick comp, or most difficult trick comp. For suture we will always clairify and will call it something like "NEW TRICK WE HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE THAT WE THINK IS SICK COMPETITION"

Thats all... Sorry about your winning a few hundred dollars Rodg, I wish we were all rich and could hand out piles of cash, but you actually made more monet than I did from the show as I didnt even make a penny (Actually I was givin a nickel that was found near the gate, and so I actually did make $0.05 from the competition) I also made $200 profit form the booth sales. So all things considered Rodg, We both made just $200 all weekend long. Goothing you didnt have to spend $500 in gas!

Just remember! I love you all!!