Special No Thanks To...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 02:58 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve
Re: Special No Thanks To...

To me this was said very well...think about it.

Originally Posted by KCMW Mike
I don't even know why I'am even getting in to this but here goes.

First of all the reason why payouts are so low is that nobody shows up to these events, how can you have a large payout and not take any money in? If there is a small crowd, one person shows up for longest stoppie and the pay out is 10,000 where does that money come from. A lot of people said they were going but didn't show up.

Second, it doesn't matter how gay bartricks are or how hard highchair scrapes are, its what the crowd likes. Ballot system sounds like a good idea. I was there and Rodger's highchair scrapes were sick as hell, but the crowd went crazy over this dude standing on his head light, while the bike was moving. I realize how technical both tricks are and no hand brake is crazy, but the crowd doesn't realize that and the main reason there was payouts is because there was a crowd. Other riders were scraping highchairs too and they had hand brakes, but the crowd doesn't know what you have on your bike or half the time what it does. There was only one guy standing on his head light and he rode out of it. I'm not taking anyone's side, just my
Old 07-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked shugga what the definition of sickest trick was and he said " new sickest trick" but to me the definition of sickest trick has always been "a trick never been done before", We entered and I am not saying that we should have won or anything but if we are going on crowd response then we should have been more informed on the judging, also for the simple fact that the watchtower was done in texas, september 2003, to me that trick is not NEW, don't get me wrong I like bar tricks and I think that is sick, but it does not fit the definition of "NEW SICKEST TRICK" case closed.........
Not only was rodg robbed but we all were it was not judged accordingly, next time I know to ask how we are gonna be judged before I put my $ down
Old 07-19-2004, 04:13 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i would agree....the reason why payouts are small IS because people don't show up to the events!! But hey, i guess it's better to stay on the streets and ride by yourselves and bore the hell out of the same 20 guys that ride to the spot and watch you practice, right???

i love how people sit there and bitch about stuff and then they dont even show up!! it's a competition, yes, but it's also a place to meet other riders and have a good time....and yeah, there were some very big names there to learn from.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:18 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

"I could diss the crowd, **** the judges off, and still win..." - Qwel

So much for that

I wasn't there so I can't really say what was better, SOUNDS like they need a "Sickest and most technical trick" contest tho
Old 07-19-2004, 04:30 PM

chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

how about an outsiders insight? First off i am not a stunter.(might call me a groupie) ILOVE that tight @ss $**** you people be rockin.Correct me if i'm not using prop words here.I was at the practice for awhile and enjoyed it very much.(the fat _uck on the dinosur orange crust induced yamaha).Now i saw that watchtower there and everyone including stunters gave a shot at that trick! Yet a couple of peeps were scraping bars and not so much as a sound. Did not attened saturdays show but was there Sun.late. So i did not witness the 6 scrape in 200 or the watchtower. but in my eyes i enjoy watching watch tower over scrapes any day of the week. As was said on post above scrapes look like **** from the stands,(i am NOT cutting anyone done here at all,I'm NOT a stunter remember) But scrapes frm stands look very uncontroled.NOW i been put in my place as to the technical difficulty of multiple scrapes, I will still use and browes this fourm though AND MY HATS OFF TO ALL STUNTERS,right or wrong beginer or pro ,you all do some crazy @ss $hit,just keep it real.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Regular StuntLifer

WelePro is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all the reason why payouts are so low is that nobody shows up to these events, how can you have a large payout and not take any money in? If there is a small crowd, one person shows up for longest stoppie and the pay out is 10,000 where does that money come from. A lot of people said they were going but didn't show up.

Second, it doesn't matter how gay bartricks are or how hard highchair scrapes are, its what the crowd likes. Ballot system sounds like a good idea. I was there and Rodger's highchair scrapes were sick as hell, but the crowd went crazy over this dude standing on his head light, while the bike was moving. I realize how technical both tricks are and no hand brake is crazy, but the crowd doesn't realize that and the main reason there was payouts is because there was a crowd. Other riders were scraping highchairs too and they had hand brakes, but the crowd doesn't know what you have on your bike or half the time what it does. There was only one guy standing on his head light and he rode out of it. I'm not taking anyone's side, just my
Well said...........
Old 07-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Oktz Kerry is an unknown quantity at this point

this is going to be the same problem over and over. i know it's gotta be hard on both parties[stunters/event staff].in one hand you have the riders and without them there's one show for the crowd to see, and without the crowd, there's no money in the stands to be made. the crowd is the key in sponsors eyes. with every show their hoping that a viewer will purchase a bike,helmet,cage,12 bar,food,shirts,dvds etc... and whatever else he/she might have seen at the show and go out and start practicing the tricks he/she had seen the riders doing at the event. inturn the bike manufactors make money, the cage/bar manufactors make money, food stands so on so on, which would allow the companies to get bigger and have more money to put towards their team riders[sponsored riders] and that's a good thing. now i think the event judges shouldn't let outside parties[the fans] judge the technical parts of the comp, but maybe let them know that there is an event[craziest motherf@#ker on a bike contest] that is going to be judged only by the crowd. that way the stunters know that the crowds are judging that contest, and it becomes a showman ship event rather than a technical one. just my opinion maybe i'm wrong. i think that it sucks that a 6 time hc scrape wouldn't beat a watchtower but at the same time i hope that it was called more for the bigger picture then a favortism type of call. maybe we should look at motocross trick contest and see how they do things, cause it looks like they got their s@#t together[sponsors/riders/money]...again just my opinion.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:02 PM

Ryan S is a decent person

this industry will continue to grow.....nobody can deny that fact.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:26 PM

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the input ya'll. and to put the nail in the coffin here are a few final points to prove the bs that took place.

1st I have no handbrake

2nd 3 of the 5 judges are ex-stuntriders from Chicagoland that turned stunt groupies after realizing they are incapable of keeping up w/ the pace. they had no place judging a competition, but since there friends of almighty shugga they were put in a position they do not qualify for

3rd a watchtower is not a new trick

4th my run was the 1st time anyone at the track saw me ride, so it's not like I was rocking/practiticing all morning

5th the crowd was not judging the competition so who cares how they reacted. VMC got the loudest yells during the pro team comp, and they didn't win.

6th J beats did not tap tail 20 times earlier in the day, he blew his motor during his run in pro freestyle. I know this because he stayed at my crib and would have mentioned said 20 scrapes. robbie your a lying ******.

I am pissed off still. 3 days after the fact. I risked life and limb to execute a ground breaking stunt to get beat by a bar trick the crowd judged. BAR TRICKS ARE NOT HARD YOU *******!!! and to prove it I'll inform you that kid can't even get a manual car into reverse (i had to pull merk's impala out of the driveway for him) bwahahaha

p.s. there will be retaliation. i promise you that
Old 07-19-2004, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by R6bbie
damn...

the funny part about this story is I thought was was joking about being upset when he was there...
you best laugh while you can still smile w/ teeth in your mouth

Old 07-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
man why is everybody letting the crowd call the shots, I like how the judges down in FL. ran ****. The crowd was feeling geared up the most but they didnt win because the west coast team did more of a controlled and all out run but geared ups run was more exciting. The judges decided that day they were calling the shots and not the crowd and you gotta respect the judges for being stand up guys and holding their format of judging. They didnt all of a sudden play to the crowd like some little bitches.

JUDGES MAKE UP YOUR MIND

are you gonna let the crowd call the run or are you gonna call the winner

grow some ****ing ***** and be the judge, make up your ****ing mind. Let me be the judge and Ill call the shots from begining to the end the same way. Sounds like this one the crowd made the call and not the judges. ****ING LAME

this whole industry is falling apart, I dont care what anybody says
good point about the judging, stunt wars was a good test of showing how the judges stuck to what they said from the start, they said to win you had to execute all your tricks and if you dropped your bike you were probally not gonna win, point blank, the morale to the story is that there needs to be clear judgin rules posted before the competition and that way if you don't like the judging don't enter that way there will not so much b**ching
Old 07-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Regular StuntLifer

godslayer is an unknown quantity at this point

[RANT]
Yep. Attendance was way too low, and as a sponsor of the event I myself am very pissed at the turnout. Teams/Stunters showed up so that was good. But there were not enough spectators. Period. We were basically $10,000 short of the break-even point on ticket sales/entry fees and that not only means that I lost all the money and time my group put into the event, but trying to do this event a third time is going to be a next-to-impossible sale. And with the attitude of f*ck the crowd when it comes to any contest how do you try to win sponsors back? I'd love to keep doing this for the sport, but if I cant at least come out with a couple bucks to break even then what incentive do I have? You wanna know how much loot Shugg's came out of the track with last night?! Nothing.

And if, as a stunter, you think competitions are a waste of time and that staying in your little spot is more worth your while, fine. If you, as a stunter, think it is not worth risking injury while at a competition where money is being paid out and that risking injury while at your spot is completely different, fine. A competition is not only about money it is about advertising yourself and picking up more sponsors. If it all just for the love of the game, then dont be a hypocrite and try to sell yourself through video's, shirt's, or any type of paid show because you have already made it clear that you are better off on a deserted road where nobody can see you.

This is aimed at no one in particular but I know the drama queens are circling above waiting to yell "hater" as they do everytime someone sees things differently.
[/RANT]

BTW, thanks again to the teams that did show up to compete and/or mingle. If there are any constructive criticism's or suggestions please post them up. Maybe things can be ironed out for a show down the road. :YEAH
Old 07-19-2004, 08:36 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Originally Posted by XRodgCC
you best laugh while you can still smile w/ teeth in your mouth

STFU...stop with ur lame internet threats...you sound like tootsie roll licker

Old 07-19-2004, 09:06 PM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point

Pic of the week right there...
Old 07-19-2004, 09:13 PM
M50M OG

Sonicjay is a decent person

Originally Posted by godslayer

[RANT]with the attitude of f*ck the crowd when it comes to any contest how do you try to win sponsors back?
Not to mention fill seats to supply payouts!

off topic, but thanks for hosting this gig bro; I had a blast!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:38 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by godslayer

[RANT]
Yep. Attendance was way too low, and as a sponsor of the event I myself am very pissed at the turnout. Teams/Stunters showed up so that was good. But there were not enough spectators. Period. We were basically $10,000 short of the break-even point on ticket sales/entry fees and that not only means that I lost all the money and time my group put into the event, but trying to do this event a third time is going to be a next-to-impossible sale. And with the attitude of f*ck the crowd when it comes to any contest how do you try to win sponsors back? I'd love to keep doing this for the sport, but if I cant at least come out with a couple bucks to break even then what incentive do I have? You wanna know how much loot Shugg's came out of the track with last night?! Nothing.

And if, as a stunter, you think competitions are a waste of time and that staying in your little spot is more worth your while, fine. If you, as a stunter, think it is not worth risking injury while at a competition where money is being paid out and that risking injury while at your spot is completely different, fine. A competition is not only about money it is about advertising yourself and picking up more sponsors. If it all just for the love of the game, then dont be a hypocrite and try to sell yourself through video's, shirt's, or any type of paid show because you have already made it clear that you are better off on a deserted road where nobody can see you.

This is aimed at no one in particular but I know the drama queens are circling above waiting to yell "hater" as they do everytime someone sees things differently.
[/RANT]

BTW, thanks again to the teams that did show up to compete and/or mingle. If there are any constructive criticism's or suggestions please post them up. Maybe things can be ironed out for a show down the road. :YEAH
But, on the flipside, stunters spending their time/money should be rewarded properly. The crowd will care **** all about who won within 30 mins of going home.

You gotta look at the stunter to spectator ratio.
Say it's 1 to 10. Lose 1 stunter, lose 10 spectators. Lose 1 spectator, you don't really lose a stunter.

Losing 1 spectator due to being mad at a judgement (which will honestly probably not even happen, it will just lead to more gossip and spreading of the event) loses say $20. **** of a stunter, possibly resulting in pissing off his team/friends will lose you not only those entry fees, but it will as well gradually lose spectators (noone wants to watch just 2 people ride).
Old 07-19-2004, 10:19 PM

lame threats huh?

keep on hatin' your only fuelling the fire. look you can see it in my eyes

btw this is not the first time biased ******* in the industry have ****ed me out of money I earned. sorry for standing up for myself in one of the most detrimental situations of my riding career. how am I supposed to win? backflip off of a 2mph watchtower, wait a minute that's easier than a ...

:fugoff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	payback.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	88840  
Old 07-19-2004, 10:29 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

im not hatin or the hater...i told ya 5 times i scored ya higher...so stop ur bitchin with me
Old 07-19-2004, 10:33 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything else has been said but this: Stop being such a pansey a$s sore loser .
Old 07-19-2004, 10:47 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember when it was fun to just ride, hang with your boys and chill.. now its a bitch & drama fest. Im sure Rodg isnt the only 1 that has lost a comp and thought they did better, but for all the people bitching and calling BS on the judging.. get your asses out there and judge, sitting in the stands is way easier than picking apart a run with some of the best stunters in the world.

Quick Reply: Special No Thanks To...