Mounting 12 bars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 02:44 PM

NB954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mounting 12 bars?

Anyone got some fly by night instructions on how to mount a 12 bar?
Old 07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mounting 12 bars?

Originally Posted by NB954
Anyone got some fly by night instructions on how to mount a 12 bar?
what brand of bar. the best way is to stand it up and get the right angle befor you bolt it down
Old 07-14-2004, 04:40 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

back the bike up against a wall, put the bar into place clamp it down with vice grips ( make sure it's holding pretty good ) then stand the bike up on the bar an see how stable it is.....it should be able to stand up pretty good on a flat surface. If you're happy with it put it back down and start drilling. Make sure you use lock washers so you don't have bolts rattling out....and careful first time scraping it...it's a lot different than scraping tail w/o a bar ( a lot less forgiving )
Old 07-14-2004, 05:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verticalfrank
back the bike up against a wall, put the bar into place clamp it down with vice grips ( make sure it's holding pretty good ) then stand the bike up on the bar an see how stable it is.....it should be able to stand up pretty good on a flat surface. If you're happy with it put it back down and start drilling. Make sure you use lock washers so you don't have bolts rattling out....and careful first time scraping it...it's a lot different than scraping tail w/o a bar ( a lot less forgiving )
THAT'S THE SAME WAY WE DO OURS, BUT WE USE A LONG FLAT PIECE OF METAL AND A LEVEL AT THE REAR TIRE FACING UPWARD TO FIND 12.SAME CONCEPT, JUST REPLACING A WALL WITH FLAT BAR AND LEVEL.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:11 PM

slylos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verticalfrank
back the bike up against a wall, put the bar into place clamp it down with vice grips ( make sure it's holding pretty good ) then stand the bike up on the bar an see how stable it is.....
thats what I did and it worked fine, plus it eliminates 11 o'clock bars . . . just make sure you watch out for the welds and different brackets manufacturers weld onto your subframe to make it stronger. Just cuz you put your bar on and tighten it down as tight as you can get it doesn't mean it'll scrape straight . . . first time I put mine on it was an inch and a half off to the right
Old 07-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

depends on the bar / bike combo.

Freestyle Ingenuity / 900RR is all I know. Using the bottom hole on the bar, mount it to the rear footpeg bracket bolt. Now tape a nickel to the bottom of the 12 bar (where it scrapes). Lift the bike up to 12 o'clock. Using the nickel, make the bar flat on the pavement. Drill into the subframe for your second bolt. The top of the bar will scrape first when you take the nickel off. It's perfect for break in now.... you want the top of the bar to scrape a little bit first. Adding the nickel will also give you tolerence for your weight.... you may find it scrapes perfectly flat right away.

Good Luck,
Brian
Old 07-14-2004, 05:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brian_C6
depends on the bar / bike combo.

Freestyle Ingenuity / 900RR is all I know. Using the bottom hole on the bar, mount it to the rear footpeg bracket bolt. Now tape a nickel to the bottom of the 12 bar (where it scrapes). Lift the bike up to 12 o'clock. Using the nickel, make the bar flat on the pavement. Drill into the subframe for your second bolt. The top of the bar will scrape first when you take the nickel off. It's perfect for break in now.... you want the top of the bar to scrape a little bit first. Adding the nickel will also give you tolerence for your weight.... you may find it scrapes perfectly flat right away.

Good Luck,
Brian
wish i would have known that b4 i mounted mine, mione hits bottom half first