question about Salvage Title~~~

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 05:16 PM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point
question about Salvage Title~~~

I may purchase a title for a bike, but it is a salvage title. I just wanted a project bike to put together. will I have any problems getting a plate on the bike?? Im in Florida and Im not sure what they do for inspections around here...
Old 07-11-2004, 08:02 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: question about Salvage Title~~~

Find somebody that knows how to stamp frames....and I am not talking about some 1/2 a$s job either. If you don't stampt your frame, you better be able to show a receipt from a shop that you bought the frame without numbers on it or it came from the insurance company that way. I just got my bike inspected almost 2 months ago and it was a breeze. I just had to go to the local DMV and give them the salvage title and 5 pictures of the before and after work. It makes it alot easier if you get your hole bike repaited and plastics repaired like I did. The whole inspection took about 2 minutes. All they did was make sure the VIN numbers were not hot and wrote down the color of the bike. They never even bothered to check the engine number...not that it would of matered but I figured at an inspection they would inspect everything.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
Find somebody that knows how to stamp frames....and I am not talking about some 1/2 a$s job either. If you don't stampt your frame, you better be able to show a receipt from a shop that you bought the frame without numbers on it or it came from the insurance company that way. I just got my bike inspected almost 2 months ago and it was a breeze. I just had to go to the local DMV and give them the salvage title and 5 pictures of the before and after work. It makes it alot easier if you get your hole bike repaited and plastics repaired like I did. The whole inspection took about 2 minutes. All they did was make sure the VIN numbers were not hot and wrote down the color of the bike. They never even bothered to check the engine number...not that it would of matered but I figured at an inspection they would inspect everything.

you just showed pictures and thats it? nobody ever looked at your actual bike? do you know if the bike has to be perfect? like turn signals and mirrors and all that ****, because I have to rock this one streetfighter for a while untill I have $$$ for plastics. any details will help me greatly!!

Jimmy when you say they checked the vin #'s to make sure they were not hot, are you talking about the ones on the title or the actual ones on the frame itself?
Old 07-11-2004, 11:07 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XPnugget
you just showed pictures and thats it? nobody ever looked at your actual bike? do you know if the bike has to be perfect? like turn signals and mirrors and all that ****, because I have to rock this one streetfighter for a while untill I have $$$ for plastics. any details will help me greatly!!

Jimmy when you say they checked the vin #'s to make sure they were not hot, are you talking about the ones on the title or the actual ones on the frame itself?

First you give them all the paper work you have (Salvage title, pictures, all major receipts..anything that would have caused the bike to be salvaged that got repaired) and make an appointment for them to inspect your bike. I then brought my bike back to the DMV for them to inspect it and all the guy did was compare the numbers on the bike to the title and make sure they were good numbers. Then he just got the color of the bike to put on the new title. They said they wanted blinkers, taillight, etc. so I put that stuff on in a hurry and them ****'s never even looked or cared about that stuff. I would put it on there just in case though. You will need to show proof of how you fixed it up to make it not salvaged any longer. Like I said, I just had my bike completely repaired and painted by Blues Kustoms so it was easy to show I did something to it in pictures.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:45 AM

Thanks for your help man, Ill be seein yall out in lakeland once I get this beast put together!!

And your bike looks sweet as fukk Jimmy, those colors are sick!! :YEAH
Old 07-12-2004, 12:37 PM

caddyman2k is an unknown quantity at this point

my bike has a rebuilt tiltle and I bought almost everything to put it back together on ebay and just kept my recepts, but they told me how to do it down town check out the dmv they will let u know what u need..... plus send out that pipe
Old 07-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

In Maine they frown upon ebay purchases unless it's from a company that will give you a receipt. If you have no receipt, they assume it's stolen.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:38 PM

3Fifty is an unknown quantity at this point

In good ol colorado, State Patrol comes out to inspect the bike, no pictures, no DMV, a f*cking state tropper comes out, and believe that they wanna see the vin on the engine.....
Old 07-19-2004, 07:13 PM

Thomcat8677 is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought my bike with a salvage title. it was titled in mass. and i bought it in maine and transferred it. i had no problems wat so ever. the only i had to do differently was bring it to the insurance place and them check it out to make sure it was insurable. that was pretty dumb too, it was some lady who just walked out and was like "wow thats a nice lookin bike; you're all set" . other than that, no probs.