Started practicing my slow stuff this week...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 07:50 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough
Started practicing my slow stuff this week...

Tuesday night me and a few of my boys were out at the usual spot workin on some slow **** on our bikes... We're out there for about an hour... just ****ing around... wheelies... endoes... nothing fancy... I make a pass and everything is going fine when I get a serious wobble happening (second night out after gearing up -2/+14)... Next thing you know I'm tumbling across the concrete. I get up... brush myself off and limp over to my bike. "F-ck! I can't believe I just did that!" Oh well... at least the bikes ok (not a scratch... thanks F.I.). So my knee is hurting like hell so I just sit on the sidelines for the rest of the night... watching. Then I look at my knee and its about the size of a WNBA basketball... Well... This isn't good. "Hey guys... I think I'm going home." My knee won't even bend now so I have to ride with one leg off the peg... kinda dragging along.

I get home.... pop a couple of Vicodins.... and go to sleep. The next day I wake up in a world of pain... "Yeah... something is mos def wrong here." I call in for work and just take it easy the rest of the day... Thursday comes along and I tell myself, "Self... maybe you should go get that thing checked out." So I go to the hospital... and I'm lying there. This fat *** doctor comes in and starts squeezing it and ****. I'm screaming in agony and she says "Does that hurt?"

"No, bitch! I love to hear the sounds of my own screams... It relaxes me."

So she leaves and comes back.

"Ya know Doc I was thinking... MaybWHAT THE F-CK ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH THAT!?!?!?!"

This bitch comes back with a needle the size of a ****ing olympic javalin.

"I just gotta go in there and get some of that fluid out."

"No the f-ck you don't... Maybe its in there for a reason.... you ever think of that?"

"I gotta check for infection."

Hot nurse pops in with some iodine.

"Sure doc... poke away... no biggie... I love the pain. Lets me know I'm alive. YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!" :YEAH

Nurse leaves.

"Come on doc... please... don't stick that thing in my knee... There's gotta be some other way. Can you knock me out first?"

She jabs this ****ing harpoon under my knee cap and sucks out a half gallon of fluid.

"OK... that's enough don't you think?"

She withdraws excalibur from my knee... examines the fluid. No infection.

So then the X-rays come back...

"Hmmmm..... I was afraid of that. you tore your ACL... You're gonna have to have surgery."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....wait. Will I get ice cream?"

So my question is... any of you ever tore your ACL? And if so... did you get the operation? How long was your recovery? I don't want to be out all season.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:53 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Started practicing my slow stuff this week...

Sorry to hear it dude! Don't know how long you will be out but hope it isn't too long. Good story though...hope you got to spend more time with the nurse.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:05 PM
man whore

Originally Posted by Albgixxer
Sorry to hear it dude! Don't know how long you will be out but hope it isn't too long. Good story though...hope you got to spend more time with the nurse.
*sigh*

She never came back.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:16 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
*sigh*

She never came back.
sorry to hear that
you prolly dont want to hear thia but a good friend of mine
tore her acl and had to have something like 3 sugeries because it kept f**king up... the last one was a major sugery and she had to go through rehablitation. this was all over lke a span of 2 1/2yrs. That sux dude i hope it
works out for you a lot better than it did for her
Old 07-10-2004, 09:06 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point

pm honda4life, he went through it twice. sorry bro
Old 07-10-2004, 09:11 PM

korbar is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a friend go through this and she had surgery and was out for atleast 6 months and had to be gentle with in even after that for a few months. From what I have heard surgery is the only real choice if you ever want your leg to be normal again. Good luck
Old 07-10-2004, 09:48 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Started practicing my slow stuff this week...

shi7! sorry to hear that, heal up homie. YOu'll be back in no time. were you bringing them up in 1st or 2nd gear? I just recently geared mine -2,+7 and noticed some wobble, mainly in 1st. I think I need, no I know I need to work on being smoother on the throttle. I'm gonna replace the -2 with -1 and see how that goes Anyway, I smashed my right foot practicing slow shi7 and I'm back at it after 6 months. Gotta build my confidence up again though, I'm a little more nervous than I used to be to try shi7, but that's the way it goes. One practice at a time ANyway, if you're out for a while, stay with the game. Watch videos, go to practice sessions with your friends, post on SL, go to shows, read magazines, etc. Keep your head up and think of this as a break L8r.

-jr
Old 07-10-2004, 10:40 PM
man whore

Originally Posted by r6_kidd
shi7! sorry to hear that, heal up homie. YOu'll be back in no time. were you bringing them up in 1st or 2nd gear? I just recently geared mine -2,+7 and noticed some wobble, mainly in 1st. I think I need, no I know I need to work on being smoother on the throttle. I'm gonna replace the -2 with -1 and see how that goes Anyway, I smashed my right foot practicing slow shi7 and I'm back at it after 6 months. Gotta build my confidence up again though, I'm a little more nervous than I used to be to try shi7, but that's the way it goes. One practice at a time ANyway, if you're out for a while, stay with the game. Watch videos, go to practice sessions with your friends, post on SL, go to shows, read magazines, etc. Keep your head up and think of this as a break L8r.

-jr

Appreciate it guys... Worste part is I JUST F_CKIN STARTED!!!! I mean I been stuntin for a good 2 years now... But I just started trying slow **** this week. And BAM... I'm done. Just like that. F-cking infuriating.

Oh well... guess I'll be ordering a ton of videos... and I won't have nuthin better to do so I might as well just post here.

Heh! No offense.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:28 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

and I won't have nuthin better to do so I might as well just post here.
im sure FHL will keep you company
Old 07-10-2004, 11:57 PM

HavokCycle is an unknown quantity at this point

i blew mine out pretty bad playing football in HS, nothing major in comparision *bone contusions on both femur and fibula on both legs. hurts like hell*
anyway i've had buds that have torn a ligament and it aint easy, the'll have to scop it first then surgery and the rehabilitation is long and rocky.. hope you got med insurance dude
Old 07-11-2004, 12:22 AM

PiNkY is an unknown quantity at this point

My boy did the same thing flippin a long stoppie. But he didn't go to the doc he just went home and drained it himself. He's a pretty ballsy ****. Anyways I don't know if he toar his **** or not but this isn't the first time it's happend and he still stunts. Just a thought. Try popin some vicodins before you ride, help ease the pain. :YEAH
Old 07-11-2004, 01:34 AM

slylos is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought this was gonna be a question on slow wheelies, you should've titled it "I tore my ACL, wtf can I do??"

Sorry about the knee bro, injuries suck *****
Old 07-11-2004, 02:25 AM

FatBastard is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah hell, I was pissen meself laughin till I read you'd done real damage dude. Sorry to hear about that. My mate has crashed twice tryin to 12 with stock gearin on 04 Blade....looked real scarry both times..but so far escaped with busted bike and ripped levi's only. Chin up dude.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:36 AM

03gixxer1k is an unknown quantity at this point

Tuesday night me and a few of my boys were out at the usual spot workin on some slow **** on our bikes... We're out there for about an hour... just ****ing around... wheelies... endoes... nothing fancy... I make a pass and everything is going fine when I get a serious wobble happening (second night out after gearing up -2/+14)... Next thing you know I'm tumbling across the concrete. I get up... brush myself off and limp over to my bike. "F-ck! I can't believe I just did that!" Oh well... at least the bikes ok (not a scratch... thanks F.I.). So my knee is hurting like hell so I just sit on the sidelines for the rest of the night... watching. Then I look at my knee and its about the size of a WNBA basketball... Well... This isn't good. "Hey guys... I think I'm going home." My knee won't even bend now so I have to ride with one leg off the peg... kinda dragging along.

I get home.... pop a couple of Vicodins.... and go to sleep. The next day I wake up in a world of pain... "Yeah... something is mos def wrong here." I call in for work and just take it easy the rest of the day... Thursday comes along and I tell myself, "Self... maybe you should go get that thing checked out." So I go to the hospital... and I'm lying there. This fat *** doctor comes in and starts squeezing it and ****. I'm screaming in agony and she says "Does that hurt?"

"No, bitch! I love to hear the sounds of my own screams... It relaxes me."

So she leaves and comes back.

"Ya know Doc I was thinking... MaybWHAT THE F-CK ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH THAT!?!?!?!"

This bitch comes back with a needle the size of a ****ing olympic javalin.

"I just gotta go in there and get some of that fluid out."

"No the f-ck you don't... Maybe its in there for a reason.... you ever think of that?"

"I gotta check for infection."

Hot nurse pops in with some iodine.

"Sure doc... poke away... no biggie... I love the pain. Lets me know I'm alive. YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!" :YEAH

Nurse leaves.

"Come on doc... please... don't stick that thing in my knee... There's gotta be some other way. Can you knock me out first?"

She jabs this ****ing harpoon under my knee cap and sucks out a half gallon of fluid.

"OK... that's enough don't you think?"

She withdraws excalibur from my knee... examines the fluid. No infection.

So then the X-rays come back...

"Hmmmm..... I was afraid of that. you tore your ACL... You're gonna have to have surgery."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....wait. Will I get ice cream?"

So my question is... any of you ever tore your ACL? And if so... did you get the operation? How long was your recovery? I don't want to be out all season.
This isnt Tron is it? If so, this is Adam. Hope you are doin better soon. I knew a guy that had an ACL injury and got a transplant. 3 weeks and he was acting stupid as ever. He didnt ride bikes, just quads. Kinda looks like Big Nasty. After the three weeks he was racing the quads again and hasnt had a problem since.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:09 PM
man whore

Originally Posted by 03gixxer1k
This isnt Tron is it? If so, this is Adam. Hope you are doin better soon. I knew a guy that had an ACL injury and got a transplant. 3 weeks and he was acting stupid as ever. He didnt ride bikes, just quads. Kinda looks like Big Nasty. After the three weeks he was racing the quads again and hasnt had a problem since.

What up Adam! Yeah... its me. Oh well.. at least I didn't hurt the bike.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:49 PM

sWiFtY 50 is an unknown quantity at this point

My dad tore his when he was younger but I don't know to much about it. And my sister tore hers and is going into surgery on Tuesday. The doctor said she would only need crutches for 6 weeks.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:58 PM

03gixxer1k is an unknown quantity at this point

What up Adam! Yeah... its me. Oh well.. at least I didn't hurt the bike.
It suprises me that you jack yourself up so shortly after getting a cage. Well, no it dosent. I'll more than likely do the same thing. New tires, then I start the cage fund. 12 bar too. **** bro, I hope you come out of this alright. Like I said, I knew someone who had an ACL transplant and was doing stupid stuff again in about 3-4 weeks. And he carries around about 300 pounds more than you. I am suprised I havent heard about this on another site that we both use. Get well soon.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:06 PM

INDECISIVE is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry bro but you are out for the season.....
Old 07-12-2004, 12:09 PM
man whore

Originally Posted by INDECISIVE
Well.... that's certainly not what I wanted to hear.

But I heard that repairing an ACL wasn't always neccesary. Is this true? Or can I like postpone it until winter or something like that?
Old 07-12-2004, 12:50 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Started practicing my slow stuff this week...

Originally Posted by INDECISIVE

there are no seasons in my opinion, he'll be at it in no time

But I heard that repairing an ACL wasn't always neccesary. Is this true? Or can I like postpone it until winter or something like that?
depends, can you walk? is it hurting/swollen? check with your doctor and do some research online. Don't push yourself to hard. your body will let you know
if it's up to it. Bro, if you need anything from me let me know. I'll setup a server with a ton of vids, by the time you're done looking through them it'll be time to practice again :YEAH

Quick Reply: Started practicing my slow stuff this week...