Started practicing my slow stuff this week...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Started practicing my slow stuff this week...

i'm just coming off a ACL injury. most people put a small tear in their ACL but i tore mine in half. i couldn't walk on my leg for about 3 weeks. my doctor told me that your ACL never heals itself, but it's not needed for everyday walking. your ACL simply takes over when your knee muscles fail. it the part of your knee that holds it from going frt to bck. i rehab'd my leg back to about 81% it took about 2 months, i need the surgury to get back the rest. i can stunt just fine, but if i had to land hard on the same leg again, it would rip my knee muscles this time because i have no ACL to depend on. i'm going to get the surgury when i have time to take off of work.i hear that you'll be off your feet for about 2 weeks, and have to rehab your leg all over again. another thing that my doctor said is to rehab it before you have the surgury, because the stronger your knee is going in to the surgury, the faster/easier it will be to get it back to normal. i know what your going through, man it sucks ***. all my freinds thought it was funny, how i was afraid of landing on my leg, but if they only knew how it felt to walk on a leg with no ACL they'd shut the f@#k up. PM me if you got questions i'll be glad to tell ya what i know. get better.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:19 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by teva
i'm just coming off a ACL injury. most people put a small tear in their ACL but i tore mine in half. i couldn't walk on my leg for about 3 weeks. my doctor told me that your ACL never heals itself, but it's not needed for everyday walking. your ACL simply takes over when your knee muscles fail. it the part of your knee that holds it from going frt to bck. i rehab'd my leg back to about 81% it took about 2 months, i need the surgury to get back the rest. i can stunt just fine, but if i had to land hard on the same leg again, it would rip my knee muscles this time because i have no ACL to depend on. i'm going to get the surgury when i have time to take off of work.i hear that you'll be off your feet for about 2 weeks, and have to rehab your leg all over again. another thing that my doctor said is to rehab it before you have the surgury, because the stronger your knee is going in to the surgury, the faster/easier it will be to get it back to normal. i know what your going through, man it sucks ***. all my freinds thought it was funny, how i was afraid of landing on my leg, but if they only knew how it felt to walk on a leg with no ACL they'd shut the f@#k up. PM me if you got questions i'll be glad to tell ya what i know. get better.
Thanks man... I'm sure I'll be hollering at ya soon. Just got back from my ortho... He said I f-cked it up pretty good and I need to go into surgery like yesterday. So I go under the knife Thursday. He said I'd be wearing 4 days worth of pain medication on my waist that will be pumped directly into the knee. I'm like holy ****! Is it gonna hurt that bad!?!?!

Oh well... comes with the territory. But as soon as I'm walkin... I'm riding. Please believe it!
Old 07-12-2004, 05:26 PM
man whore

But the good news is I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance!
Old 07-12-2004, 05:30 PM

03gixxer1k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder TX
But the good news is I just saved a lot of money on my car insurance!
Damn, I would rather pay more for car insurance and be able to walk. Can I use your bike as a stunt bike while you arent riding?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Clutchitup.com

2 Vicious Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Senior year of highschool i had to get surgery. They did it the the end of september. and told me 8-10 weeks before i was allowed to even touch my foot to the ground.

then i started the physical therapy. that was some messed up stuff. They try to see how much pain they can put u in without u killin urself while they're doin it.

so i did that BS for a while and i think i was able to walk somewhere around december.

I do remember i was back to skiing in january.

So its a few months worth of recovery
Old 07-12-2004, 10:31 PM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

can i get some of those vicodins...........seriously......
Old 07-14-2004, 07:57 PM
man whore

Originally Posted by DAN1978
can i get some of those vicodins...........seriously......

I think I'll be needing those.

Well... Its official. There's no way around me having surgery to repair my torn ACL. It snatched a piece of bone off with it so that may actually be a good thing. I go under the knife tomorrow... hopefully my recovery will be a speedy one. I can say that the moment I can walk without crutches... I'll be riding.

Oh well... that leaves me with plenty of time to post more of my useless babbling on stuntlife.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:11 AM

Justin is an unknown quantity at this point

10 days after surgery they take the staples out and you can go to rehab the same day. you should be able to walk fine in 2 weeks. do the rehab and youll be able to ride in a month from the day of surgery. They will custom make you a brace and youll be able to ride in no time. month max. same thing happened to me. I went with the cadaver acl. supposed to last longer and recovery time is quick. holla back. peace
Old 07-20-2004, 09:23 AM
man whore

Originally Posted by Ufd Justin
10 days after surgery they take the staples out and you can go to rehab the same day. you should be able to walk fine in 2 weeks. do the rehab and youll be able to ride in a month from the day of surgery. They will custom make you a brace and youll be able to ride in no time. month max. same thing happened to me. I went with the cadaver acl. supposed to last longer and recovery time is quick. holla back. peace
Surgery was Thursday... They didn't give me a pain pump because they performed a nerve block on the entire leg which lasted like two days... Two days of a dragging a completely dead leg around. I f-cked it up pretty bad so a lot of it he said he couldn't even fix. I ripped the entire ACL off including the piece of bone it was connected too so that was actually a plus. He screwed that part back down but I can't bend my knee more than 30 degrees for at least 6 weeks. I do start Physical Therapy tomorrow though. Hopefully within 2 months I'll be back in the saddle. Doc said I'd always have a limp though.... I told him I already walked with a limp so that ain't no thang.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:17 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

Good To Know Your Doing Better, Good Luck...
Old 07-20-2004, 02:19 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point

yo man, I feel your pain, I tore my ACL in september and it still gives me some pain, not bad but I told the doctor FU I dont need the surgery....still thinking about it if it will heal the minor pain when I walk and squat. it took me almost 6 months before it even felt better Ive been told it will never be the same wheter you have surgery or you dont. thankfully mine was a partial tear with not much fluid and no meniscus damage thats what **** your knee up is the fluid and infections caused.. I had a bad bone bruise on both bones and that made me a with a limp for some time.

dont sweat it have the surgery (wish I did Id be 99% whereas im about 90 now) and you will have 12 mths recovery max. just work at it and rehab 110% and you will be 12in in no time again.

good luck from your boy down in H town

Jacob