Big sproket peeps...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 03:32 PM

JONESER is a decent person
Big sproket peeps...

Do you ride your bike on the street (legally) and how big is it?
How bad is it on the motor? I ride my bike to work daily, so I don't want to *** my engine...It already has 39,000 on it!
It's time for a new sproket since my Vortex is missing every other tooth and the one's that are there are all pointy-n-whatnot.

Right now, I'm +3 and I wanna go bigger. What size do you suggest on a daily rider with 39,000 miles?

Thank ya...
Old 07-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Big sproket peeps...

i road a dubble r for bike week on street, it only had 5 up , was it was pretty sweet, 1 down 5 up would b pimp for street riding, but either way...

its going to b harder on ur motor and stuff, and by the sounds of it, u drive that thing everywhere...save the sprocket buy a new motor lol
j/k

goodluck
Old 07-09-2004, 03:43 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm -1 +9 on a gixxer 1K and I ride that all over
Old 07-09-2004, 04:25 PM

3Fifty is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on how you ride around town, I would say if your gonna do your fair shair of stuntin, I would go with +5
Old 07-09-2004, 05:10 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

1 down 5 up is pretty good for street, i've got a 21up on my [parking lot] 929, that motherf@#ker ain't worth a sh#t on the street.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:25 PM

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Im -1+12 on my ZX9 and ride it every day ofthe week and usually put 300+ miles on it ridin street every weekend runs around 7k at highway speed and works real good overall just dont expext to run from the popo very easy geared up alot
Old 07-09-2004, 08:15 PM

JONESER is a decent person

Originally Posted by KC Tony
Im -1+12 on my ZX9 and ride it every day ofthe week and usually put 300+ miles on it ridin street every weekend runs around 7k at highway speed and works real good overall just dont expext to run from the popo very easy geared up alot
I'm not worried about runnin' from the popo...I've had too many tickets already this year, plus this way I'll maybe not speed to get more...
How bad is it to run 7k on highway for a few hours or more?
Sometimes we ride to Orlando(hour & a half) or Daytona(2-21/2 hours).
I don't wanna *** **** up by riding 7k for that long if it's not good for it. I don't have the $$$ to buy a new engine.
I ride my **** everyday to work and all weekend. I put about on 200 miles during the week and 200-300 during the weekend.

What sproket does anyone suggest? I want steel, because this Vortex didn't last as long as I expected.

LATERS
Old 07-09-2004, 09:11 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm currently at -2 +17 on my F3 and it ****** blows on the street. I used to ride just spots with the bike so it was fine, but now I got lights so I hit the streets alot more. Im switching to my +10 and maybe even a -1 front also
Old 07-09-2004, 10:14 PM

iwannagixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

how big of a difference would -1 +5 make?

what size chain would i need?
Old 07-10-2004, 07:13 PM

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JONESER
I'm not worried about runnin' from the popo...I've had too many tickets already this year, plus this way I'll maybe not speed to get more...
How bad is it to run 7k on highway for a few hours or more?
Sometimes we ride to Orlando(hour & a half) or Daytona(2-21/2 hours).
I don't wanna *** **** up by riding 7k for that long if it's not good for it. I don't have the $$$ to buy a new engine.
I ride my **** everyday to work and all weekend. I put about on 200 miles during the week and 200-300 during the weekend.

What sproket does anyone suggest? I want steel, because this Vortex didn't last as long as I expected.

LATERS

I ride highways on the weekends for hours at a time and have never had any problems with it. I probly put near 1000 miles a week on my bike lately and it has held up great just change your oil a little more often because of it runnin at high rpms for long periods of time