F3 Stunters or other 600 riders

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 03:14 PM

gr8whytehunter is an unknown quantity at this point
give me a buzz later, we'll talk about it
Old 01-22-2003, 04:48 PM

Hondua is an unknown quantity at this point
F3 Stunters or other 600 riders

I didn't explain my question good enough. I meant to say that I want to gear my bike so to be able to pull wheelie's in second without clutching it. The most common thing that I have heard to do is 2 up in the back and one down in the front. I just don't want to whine the **** out of it on the highway. I was wondering if it would benefit me in both concerns if I just put it up 2 in the back and left the front sprocket the way it is?
Thanks,
Erik
Old 01-22-2003, 06:59 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F3 Stunters or other 600 riders

Originally posted by Hondua
I didn't explain my question good enough. I meant to say that I want to gear my bike so to be able to pull wheelie's in second without clutching it. The most common thing that I have heard to do is 2 up in the back and one down in the front. I just don't want to whine the **** out of it on the highway. I was wondering if it would benefit me in both concerns if I just put it up 2 in the back and left the front sprocket the way it is?
Thanks,
Erik
2 up in the back and 1 down in the front would definetley be a good combo on your bike. Either way though.. you're gonna wanna learn to clutch it
Old 01-22-2003, 07:01 PM

gr8whytehunter is an unknown quantity at this point
2 up one down. Bike will pull up in first any time, pretty quick snap up. In second I never tried just power, when I made the switch, I began clutching. Basically clutching it is more predictable than power. You know when the nose is coming up when you let go of that clutch. Powering in second, you have to make sure you are in the band and just hit hard, slight tug and make sure you cover the rear break.

2 up in just the rear, I have never been able to just power it up in second. Maybe operator error. I am sure the more experienced stunters can tell fo sure.

Finally once you go down that one in the front and go up the two in the rear, top end is obsolete. Maybe 130 , bike just starts to scream and around 90.

Everyone happy, Nags you gonna stop your whining?
Nobody offended? Too bad
Old 01-22-2003, 09:55 PM

SMOKINJOE UR is an unknown quantity at this point
wont happen with just gas in 2nd gear,CLUTCH IT.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:28 PM
Ish

Ish is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch it, It's a 600 not a 1000, if anything you could try some performance mods.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:35 AM

Hondua is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys for your input.
Erik