Kawasaki ZX 10R

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 12:51 PM

Sportbike Mafia is an unknown quantity at this point
Kawasaki ZX 10R

Thinking about trading my 02 GSXR 1000 in on an orange ZX10R. Anybody got one theyve been riding wheelies on? Hows its handling in the air? And any clutch problems from dumping them, I heard Kawis have some clutch trouble, especially the ZX12.

Lemme know G's
Old 06-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Ned

Ned is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kawasaki ZX 10R

My buddy has one , he's just getting hooked on the wheelies.....trust me you don't need the clutch to get it up , even in 3rd
Old 06-17-2004, 08:55 PM

zackbremer is an unknown quantity at this point

u realize that if ur on a first gear wheelie on the zx10 if u rev out u guna be goin 110, and if ur in 2nd or 3rd and u start to rev out ull be doin over 130
that biek is a horrible wheelie bike unless u gear it so low that first is only 60 moh, second is 100 etc. not to mention u shudnt have ur license for long.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by zackbremer
u realize that if ur on a first gear wheelie on the zx10 if u rev out u guna be goin 110, and if ur in 2nd or 3rd and u start to rev out ull be doin over 130
that biek is a horrible wheelie bike unless u gear it so low that first is only 60 moh, second is 100 etc. not to mention u shudnt have ur license for long.

i never understood why people talk about things they dont know about. please enlighten me
Old 06-17-2004, 09:19 PM

BostonBadBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

so anyone who OWNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSS a zx10r wheelie the nitch and how does it ride emm.......Auburn Mass you have one? and can we some pics of the terrible wheelie
Old 06-17-2004, 09:26 PM

Quik is an unknown quantity at this point

the ninja is the only new liter bike without a sterring damper and they have motor issues
Old 06-17-2004, 10:13 PM

mistaholiday is an unknown quantity at this point

ok cuz theres a dud eorund here i know w/a zx10r
its unreal in acceleration but tranny problems and tankslapp approved
so if you get one get it for a 2005 model so they fixx all those lil glitches from the previous w/every new doit for now get a2003-04 gixxer 1000 great bike...
or keep yers till you get what chu want but that zx10r should be illegal to ride in the streets ...
i want one get a dampner and fuggetaboutit
(just imagine gearing up in the back?)
Old 06-17-2004, 10:34 PM

the ninja is alot more hipe then anything 1more hp at het wheel then the RR and not as smooth power band. so i say **** the ninja get the honda no problems with the honda yet. R1 tranny issues, ninja motor issues, gixxer same old **** just new front end and is the slowest adn least hp out of them all

but i will give the gixxer props they have a nice soft seat unlike my board for a seat RR
Old 06-17-2004, 10:37 PM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i heard its good at tank slappies
Old 06-17-2004, 11:29 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by r6 n ****
yea i heard its good at tank slappies
and ho slappies
Old 06-18-2004, 12:54 AM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

I take it you've never heard of BALANCE POINT
Old 06-18-2004, 01:04 AM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jope-K
I take it you've never heard of BALANCE POINT
I'm with you on that one...
Old 06-18-2004, 01:21 AM

b_faulk75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, you fools got me wonderin what i want now, i've been thinkin about gettin one next year, i like the look, but i heard they got tranny problems. Also tank slappers suck, anyone makin a steering dampner for the new zx yet???
Old 06-18-2004, 04:42 AM

punisherzx12r is an unknown quantity at this point

i got an orange 10R, i came off a 12 R. the bike is sick
the only trans problems were with pre production units, i have three or four other friends with 10Rs and none of us have had any problem. the motor is insane, but predictable, it comes up at the same rpm every time. however, if you gas it while in first cruising above 6 grand its real violent, and if you short shift it wide open from 1st to 2nd at like 8 grand it will take you on over real quick.

the 2000 12R had vibration in the clutch when you would engage the clutch in first gear nice and slow, (clutch chatter), but would not do it if you were in the gas hard. in 2001 they changed the clutch set up and added a spacer, kinda turning the clutch basket into 2 separate sets of clutches, even before this mod was out, i added three barnett springs and it eliminated the chatter, then i performed the 2002 clutch mod, with barnet springs and never had a problem. The 10R has absolutely no clutch issues.

head shake.......the 10R under hard throttle always is light on the front wheel, even with my 6 foot 4, 250 pound *** on it, but it never goes out of control, the only time it gets nasty is when your are exiting a corner and you get in the gas hard, then it will shake its *** off, but any bike like this will do it. you have to remember this bike has just as much power as a world GP bike from a few years ago. but many companies make a dampener for it, www.muzzys.com olhins, scotts etc.
like i said, it only shakes when the front is light, it does not, and has not gotten any tank slap coming down from a wheelie as of today, just make sure when you bring the front down you are going nice and straight. the bike is real light, and very slight changes in body position make the bike turn while up on one wheel very easy, but if your hangin a turn on one wheel, make sure your nice and straight with your body in a neutral position before you drop the front, i can see the bike gettin pretty violent if you don't do *** i described.

Power is nice and linear, no abrupt changes in power, therefore making wheelies nice and smooth, and it has a huge amount of torque low in the revs, balancing the bike in second at like 60 to 70 mph is real simple.

endos are event free also, but i aint really pushed the thing yet, trying to keep it pretty for a while

anyway, this thing is the sheit, trust me, and i got the hook up at the dealer, if you want a orange one, i can get it for 10 grand plus tax in whatever state you live in, but you got to come to MD and pick it up
Old 06-18-2004, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by rookie96F3
the ninja is alot more hipe then anything 1more hp at het wheel then the RR and not as smooth power band. so i say **** the ninja get the honda no problems with the honda yet. R1 tranny issues, ninja motor issues, gixxer same old **** just new front end and is the slowest adn least hp out of them all

but i will give the gixxer props they have a nice soft seat unlike my board for a seat RR
the honda is like 10 hp down and 60 pounds heavier, not to mention after i removed the cat from the exhaust and installed a AK slip on it gained even more HP, when i do a roll on with my boy on his 10R, who weighs 250 also, i pull from him real quick, i would say it gives the bike 3 to 5 more HP
Old 06-18-2004, 04:49 AM

the bike has enough power and torque so low that with stock gearing you should have no problem balancing it in 1st at like 30mph
Old 06-18-2004, 09:58 AM

Sportbike Mafia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rookie96F3

I work at a shop where we sell Suzuki, Kawi, and Yamaha so a hondas out of the question for me, I can get the others cheap
Old 06-18-2004, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by punisherzx12r
the honda is like 10 hp down and 60 pounds heavier, not to mention after i removed the cat from the exhaust and installed a AK slip on it gained even more HP, when i do a roll on with my boy on his 10R, who weighs 250 also, i pull from him real quick, i would say it gives the bike 3 to 5 more HP
sorry homie your wrong. look into superbike mag and they will show you its only a 1hp difference at eh wheel. it may be a claimed 10hp at crank which doesnt mean ****. only rwhp means anything.

the claim 148.39 at 11,200 rpms
74.38lbs at 8500rpms for this is for the RR

149.six0 at 11,800rpms
74.19lbs at 9700rpms this is for hte ninja

weight for the RR is 395lbs adn teh ninja is 375lbs i guess someone didnt know what they are talking about. the extra weight of the RR is in the swingarm and its length.

and my RR gets dyno'd today.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:57 AM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sportbike Mafia
Thinking about trading my 02 GSXR 1000 in on an orange ZX10R. Anybody got one theyve been riding wheelies on? Hows its handling in the air? And any clutch problems from dumping them, I heard Kawis have some clutch trouble, especially the ZX12.

Lemme know G's
Please no ORANGE!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:13 AM

5150Pat is an unknown quantity at this point

If you wanna get a bad *** 1 liter bike wait till 2005's gixxer1k. Its supposed to out perform all of them with drastic changes. From what I hear from my buddy that does development with suzuki he tells me some vaig **** but it sounds good. Undertail exhaust, more ti in the motor for faster revs, higher compression, higher rev limit, wavy rotors, adjustable damper, little different body work. If this is all true which I cannot garauntee, You should wait till 2005. If I could choose any new bike right now I would go with the RR

Quick Reply: Kawasaki ZX 10R