First Scrape!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Old School

Ice Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
First Scrape!!

Just wanted to post that I scraped for the first time yesterday!! I don't have my 12 bar yet, so it was the tips of my exhaust instead, lol. Anyways, I have a question. I was trying my stuff in first for a bit, then I realized that it seems much easier in 2nd, doesn't come up as hard. anybody got any insite for me on this. (my gear is 20 up in the rear) Also, I noticed that everyone from KCMW was clutching tank wheelies up from a stop at Turner days, but it sounded like they still had to be in the gas pretty good. Anyone have a gear suggestion for these stunts? And my last question is that I haven't done a sit-down wheelie since last halloween, they've all been stand-ups, but now that I'm trying to learn the slow stuff, I've been sitting down until I feel a bit more under control, is this what most people do? Thanks again for any help.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:34 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Re: First Scrape!!

Are you stunnin the TLR? If so that seems like alot of gear for a twin. It might be good once ya get used to it though. I would say stay with first gear. 2nd might be a bit fast just learning to scrape.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Old School

Yup, it's the TLR. I was thinking of adding another tooth up front to mellow it out a bit. I'm not really quite as worried about learning to scrape as I am worried about just riding slow stuff. I figure once I get that down, scraping will come naturally.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:20 AM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah! Cograts man! Post up some pics!
Old 06-06-2004, 11:28 AM

orionVTR is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man, is ksu kansas state university? i know that sounds like a dumb question, but if it is there are a lot of bikes there judging from your pic on your site.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Old School

Thanks for the props guys, I've still got a long ways to go, but as long as I can keep the bike on the road, and my body in 1 piece I'll keep working on it. I think I will be getting a digital camera this week, I'll definitely put up some pics, and some video footage I've been editing as soon as I can. Yeah, it is Kansas State University. The pics are from a photoshoot I set up with Ryde Magazine last fall. There are alot of bikes out here, but only a few decent riders. all the rest of them seem to have something to prove, and nothing to show, which makes riding with them very dangerous. I started the sportbike club on campus, but I try to avoid riding with alot of the guys out here, they just don't get the idea of riding for the love of riding. Who cares what anyone else thinks or says.

CBO- Sorry to hear about your wreck. Good luck on a speedy recovery!! I'm still thinking of making it up for the 4th, but it's kinda iffy with summerschool and work. I'll definitely take a weekend vacation up there some time soon. I even get $29 rooms at Holiday Inn. Should be pretty cheap.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Old School

Here's 1 pic on my avatar, but yeah, I cheated. I can't really stop on the 12 bar yet. I finally also have 1 pic of me riding a stand-up under my gallery after waiting like 6 months to get ahold of a digital camera, but it the pic sucks. anyways. Thanks for the props, hope to get more good pics up soon while I continue learning.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:21 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point

**** yea homie!! congrats on ****in **** up

make sure you keep that oil overfilled and after a while of 12s just ride around a little bit cause those vtwins blow up real quick

**** IT UP :YEAH
Old 06-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Old School

I'll definitely do that, thanks for the advice!
Old 06-11-2004, 03:08 PM

WillRRoberts is an unknown quantity at this point

goood going on your first scrape
Old 06-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

best **** is the felling of accomplishment...i remember the first bark park i had with out crashing...i called everyone at 1 am that was not at the spot...
Old 06-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Old School

Here's an update on the progress. I got my 12 bar, and I just scraped 2 times with it tonite. I also crashed both times. No scrapes or bruises, but I broke my shifter, and I learned that extended sliders aren't really very useful, even at low speeds.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:16 AM
Old School

I have only scraped 3 times so far. I'm gonna probably chill on scraping for a week or 2 until I get my cage. I noticed that the bar was not hitting the ground totally flat, and I'm pretty sure that's why I crashed. Should I just work on rocking slow stuff without scraping for a while? Also, I don't have a problem bringing the bike really far back, but it wants to tip after a while, then I bring it down hard. Is it just a matter of getting used to throwing my weight back and forth to balance it? are there any pointers that anyone can give me? Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:33 PM

V-twin Ry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ice Mike
I have only scraped 3 times so far. I'm gonna probably chill on scraping for a week or 2 until I get my cage. I noticed that the bar was not hitting the ground totally flat, and I'm pretty sure that's why I crashed. Should I just work on rocking slow stuff without scraping for a while? Also, I don't have a problem bringing the bike really far back, but it wants to tip after a while, then I bring it down hard. Is it just a matter of getting used to throwing my weight back and forth to balance it? are there any pointers that anyone can give me? Thanks for any advice.

yo , we need a crash cage and a 12 bar for our 00 TLR , hit me back with where you got it....liquidrm@aol.com

PEACEEEEEE ~more tricks than your local strip club~ SB
Old 06-15-2004, 11:43 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sickboy can only hope to improve

congrats on the 1st scrape.
Hopefully i can get it down by the end of this season
Old 06-16-2004, 12:14 AM

gage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ice Mike

Hey, congrats on scraping... what kind of tire pressure are you running? When I first started scraping, I had a 12 bar that had a point at the end. It was before I started posting here, so I didn't know any better, but the upside is that I didn't get slammed to the left or right, they were all just pretty straight. I wasn't trying to park em though, it was just there if I f'ed up my slow ****.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:33 AM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats, keep on truckin'
Old 06-16-2004, 03:03 AM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: First Scrape!!

Congrats!
Old 06-16-2004, 03:32 AM

GsxrMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: First Scrape!!

Congrats! Heres a pic of my first one!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	000_1420 100.kb 1st scrape.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	83842   Click image for larger version

Name:	000_1424 100 kb 1st scrape.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	83843  
Old 06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Old School

I've been runnin' 17 psi since I've been out filming highway stuff alot. Next time I head out to the parking lot I'm gonna drop it to 12 or 13 p.s.i. Thanks alot for all the props guys!!

Quick Reply: First Scrape!!