Stunt Riders & MTV don't mix?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 03:41 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all
Stunt Riders & MTV don't mix?

I just read an article in SuperStreetBike, (Awsome magazine)
The stone bros, who did 12 O'clock and Black Sheep Squadron's new video, are doing some MTV truelife episode where they followed black sheep squadron, Triple X-Treme, and Geared Up Productions.
I think the last thing stunt riding needs is to go mainstream. .
Just look at what espn and mtv have done with skateboarding. Imagine this, 3 months from know every kid will know who todd colburt is but they won't have a clue on how to actually ride a motorcycle or what a crossover/highchair wheelie is.
And it will be all over the news too. People, (COPS) will start breaking down on stunters.
But then again its the stone bros. so they will probably do a phenominal job at showing the true side of stunting, but after that who knows were its going.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:20 PM

mistaholiday is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stunt Riders & MTV don't mix?

mtv true life lol
whatever doode dont worry all it means is moresquids on the road
and not everyone has those cojones and skill that takes along *** time
to develop ..it was gonna get mainstream anyways and tell me that people dont gawk at you onthe road already .......they wanna no more/... cuz not too many people have the nut s to even ride a bike.....and the coochie loves danger so just go with it dooodes/lol
its some great days were living here bros
Old 05-28-2004, 08:01 PM
cr6

cr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silverstunterR6
I just read an article in SuperStreetBike, (Awsome magazine)
The stone bros, who did 12 O'clock and Black Sheep Squadron's new video, are doing some MTV truelife episode where they followed black sheep squadron, Triple X-Treme, and Geared Up Productions.
I think the last thing stunt riding needs is to go mainstream. .
Just look at what espn and mtv have done with skateboarding. Imagine this, 3 months from know every kid will know who todd colburt is but they won't have a clue on how to actually ride a motorcycle or what a crossover/highchair wheelie is.
And it will be all over the news too. People, (COPS) will start breaking down on stunters.
But then again its the stone bros. so they will probably do a phenominal job at showing the true side of stunting, but after that who knows were its going.

Sorry but i have to disagree, this sport needs as much exposure as it can get, as long as it is good, it will do nothing but help the people that are in the sport.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Outkast Rafe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cr6
Sorry but i have to disagree, this sport needs as much exposure as it can get, as long as it is good, it will do nothing but help the people that are in the sport.

tru that
Old 05-28-2004, 08:50 PM

OnI750 is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope this sport blows up soon
Old 05-28-2004, 09:15 PM

cant wait till it does blowup
i wish i had more time to practice but my bike is my only transportation
and cant risk wrecking again im gonna have to get a new one hopefully one day even if its a 600 so itll be cheaper to buy i dunno bout used bikes but when it doesget popular it better not fade like freestyledirtbike shyet
or skateboarding you now why it might be different......... cuz most stunters are in thier 20's..........and startstunting at lateteens at the earliest and that means alot of different stuff.......... not like being a 30 year old skateboarder with thousands of 10 year olds skateboarding along wanting to go big like thier hero this is a mans sport remember .....so its alil different remember 1outta 5 parents arent gonna give a f4i to thier kids for there 15 birthday cuz thier idol (t colbert) gos big .........its great and the ways i likeit......... so progress is ahead but slowly creeping and street is better but practice on parking lots that the way it should be... goodtimes
Old 05-28-2004, 09:19 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OnI750
I hope you blow up soon! DonT that BikE haVe a GAS LEAK?!

MTV = pfft
Good exposure no matter through who or what =
Old 05-28-2004, 10:14 PM

mia wallace is an unknown quantity at this point

more squids on the road trying to be hard = more crashed bits to buy
Old 05-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

naturalborn is an unknown quantity at this point

well the sport needs some exposure, hopefully it will be good exposure, you know how the media is they take something good and turn it in to some juicy story and try to uncover some dirt
Old 05-30-2004, 11:23 AM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked stunting when it was more underground
Old 05-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

that is true but if it were more mainstream we could have more legal places to ride and not always have to worry about the cops trying to bust us
Old 05-30-2004, 11:39 AM

OR, it could turn out like skateboarding and be banned everywhere
Old 05-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Mrs ATL Freestyle

good point, but maybe it could turn out like all the motorcross events, look how much exposure they have
Old 05-30-2004, 03:06 PM

XTJesse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OnI750
i agree 100% every sport has to start off slow but i think its ben long enough for stunt riding lets push this sport
Old 05-31-2004, 07:00 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by Wheelie Boy
OR, it could turn out like skateboarding and be banned everywhere
It is banned everywhere........legally your only allowed to stunt on a closed course.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by DNFstar
It is banned everywhere........legally your only allowed to stunt on a closed course.
Im talkin street bikes in general, like, cop will see you riding around on a bike with a 12 bar, and tell you to go elsewhere. Stunting or not
Old 06-06-2004, 01:28 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

Don't put too much stock in MTV and this sport in this One episode of "True Life". I've got news for ya....... This One episode of "True Life" spotlighting this sport is not going to change things very much although MILLIONS of people are going to be exposed to the sport thru that particular show.
This isn't going to be certain people's little "Pet sport" forever. Then again I don't believe it's going to blow up the same way that say Skateboarding or Motorcross did thru exposure via channels like MTV. The show I directed is due to air June 17th but I really don't see it airing on that date looking at where the edit is at this point. I would think that they are going to move the air date to sometime in July but that remains to be seen. They are starting to talk about doing a six episode "Reality Show" on a few particular crews in the sport. If The Stone Brothers don't do it the bottom line is someone else will. Chances are that "Someone Else" will not be as pronounced in the sport the way my brother and myself are. On the other hand after this particular"True Life" experience dealing with MTV I really do not care to ever deal with them and thier corporate bullshit ever again. Dealing with MTV was/is still a ****ing bummer and the episode is still not finished being edited and aired. I'll tell you this for sure......... "Drew Stone and MTV don't mix"!! Stay tuned for more jive.

Drew "Papillion" Stone
Old 06-06-2004, 01:39 AM

Zackie Chan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Drew Stone
Don't put too much stock in MTV and this sport in this One episode of "True Life". I've got news for ya....... This One episode of "True Life" spotlighting this sport is not going to change things very much although MILLIONS of people are going to be exposed to the sport thru that particular show.
This isn't going to be certain people's little "Pet sport" forever. Then again I don't believe it's going to blow up the same way that say Skateboarding or Motorcross did thru exposure via channels like MTV. The show I directed is due to air June 17th but I really don't see it airing on that date looking at where the edit is at this point. I would think that they are going to move the air date to sometime in July but that remains to be seen. They are starting to talk about doing a six episode "Reality Show" on a few particular crews in the sport. If The Stone Brothers don't do it the bottom line is someone else will. Chances are that "Someone Else" will not be as pronounced in the sport the way my brother and myself are. On the other hand after this particular"True Life" experience dealing with MTV I really do not care to ever deal with them and thier corporate bullshit ever again. Dealing with MTV was/is still a ****ing bummer and the episode is still not finished being edited and aired. I'll tell you this for sure......... "Drew Stone and MTV don't mix"!! Stay tuned for more jive.

Drew "Papillion" Stone
F*ck MTV, Stone films all the way. Although i do hope a bunch of spoids do get bikes and eat sh*t so i can get more bikes and more parts baby.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:31 PM

i just turned 20 and i find myself not really watchin mtv anymore but i will for this show i hope mtv doesnt look at stunting the wrong way but mostlikely they wont ..........their little street racing dairy sucked i mean around here the cars always wanna chill w/the bikes for somereason i dont likit cause they get in peoples way and they cant drive.....but im gettin off topic so imma shutup
but as for mtv and stunting ill just hope for the best doode out here in tampa,clearwater.stpete area it was awesome last night i stunted alil,ran from cops w/300 other bikes and ran some more its a ****** tradition round here its been since the 80's ...and thats what we do stunt,runfrom cops,and pick up gurlies....goodtimes
Old 06-06-2004, 01:41 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

cbr929dude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mistaholiday
i just turned 20 and i find myself not really watchin mtv anymore but i will for this show i hope mtv doesnt look at stunting the wrong way but mostlikely they wont ..........their little street racing dairy sucked i mean around here the cars always wanna chill w/the bikes for somereason i dont likit cause they get in peoples way and they cant drive.....but im gettin off topic so imma shutup
but as for mtv and stunting ill just hope for the best doode out here in tampa,clearwater.stpete area it was awesome last night i stunted alil,ran from cops w/300 other bikes and ran some more its a ****** tradition round here its been since the 80's ...and thats what we do stunt,runfrom cops,and pick up gurlies....goodtimes
MTV sucked since they went to all BTV rap crap.. and real world junk. I wish they would burn up and fall of the channel lineup.

Quick Reply: Stunt Riders & MTV don't mix?