Stunt Riders & MTV don't mix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 02:34 PM

Shawn_PBZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stunt Riders & MTV don't mix?

I just like to see the sport still being as an "underground but popular growing sport" to stay off the main Tv shows. I remember last summer watching the Starboyz and triple X guys talking about stunting on some kind of Espn show, not really sure what channel it was on. But I like how its mainly underground. I can remember wearing my first FTP t-shirt back in 99-00. Everyone i rode with or anyone who seen my shirt when I was riding thought it was cool, and asked if i could do that crazy ****. And now where i live in a town of Population 14,000. Just from me talking/wearing/stuntin around all the time. There are lots of fans of myself and the whole underground stunting. We as the stunting community, should help it grow, but i hate to see every summer these younger kids getting new R1's, CBR's and so on, watchin me ride then trying to duplicate my moves, and getting hurt. This is a very danderous sport, I've had my incidents. But i like to see the Stunt shows, like Psychofest, and Starboyz stuntfest's growing larger and more exciting, thats the safest way to get it in the main stream. my
Old 06-06-2004, 02:40 PM

Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

When will this be airing??

Need more legal places to stunt. :YEAH :YEAH
Old 06-06-2004, 04:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mia wallace
more squids on the road trying to be hard = more crashed bits to buy
im feeling ya on that one
Old 06-08-2004, 01:18 PM

Nefarious can only hope to improve

You state all this like working with MTV is new hat to you... I could have sworn I read much diffrently somewhere..... your website perhaps?

see ya soon..

Originally Posted by Drew Stone
Don't put too much stock in MTV and this sport in this One episode of "True Life". I've got news for ya....... This One episode of "True Life" spotlighting this sport is not going to change things very much although MILLIONS of people are going to be exposed to the sport thru that particular show.
This isn't going to be certain people's little "Pet sport" forever. Then again I don't believe it's going to blow up the same way that say Skateboarding or Motorcross did thru exposure via channels like MTV. The show I directed is due to air June 17th but I really don't see it airing on that date looking at where the edit is at this point. I would think that they are going to move the air date to sometime in July but that remains to be seen. They are starting to talk about doing a six episode "Reality Show" on a few particular crews in the sport. If The Stone Brothers don't do it the bottom line is someone else will. Chances are that "Someone Else" will not be as pronounced in the sport the way my brother and myself are. On the other hand after this particular"True Life" experience dealing with MTV I really do not care to ever deal with them and thier corporate bullshit ever again. Dealing with MTV was/is still a ****ing bummer and the episode is still not finished being edited and aired. I'll tell you this for sure......... "Drew Stone and MTV don't mix"!! Stay tuned for more jive.

Drew "Papillion" Stone
Old 06-08-2004, 10:56 PM

mistaholiday is an unknown quantity at this point

im an excellent street rider better than a few of my stunter homies
and far from being a squid but when it comes to stunting im still squidding hard learnin bp and its a bitch first cuz my chain is so stretched now and i have little time to pratice but im gonna do my thing any ways im just saying alot of kids will actually get into stunting watchin mtv and realize thats what they are put on earth for....
itsnot all that bad really exploiting stunting because whether you like it or not we were all squids at once freaking out and lettin off throttle when that first real whellie came outta ya and you freaked out and felt a new beginning in yer life .......to some its dumb to ride a wheelie but you now it felt great riding that long one high....so ofcourse its gonna be more squids but whethewr we like it or not these stunts are gonna be tought and then there will be stunter learnin faster and more accurate ......ok but remember most people dont ride ,somepeople ride for a pet hobby, some ride as a life still,but very few stunt so that gonna still put us on the map ...most people on earth dont even have ***** to take curve on a bike but everyone will take that glance at a stunter rollin a sweet 11:00 highchair cause thats just sick and you know you cant get tired of that even doodes that know how to doit as easy as doing a pushup theyll be honored to doit again cuz aint too many people doin it outta evry ten bikers you got 3 decent stunters and 1 real one
thats dedicated.......... but dont really sweat mtv/stunt clash it just gets you laid a lil bit harder thats all goodtimes
Old 06-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

Stunt riding is not gonna blow up like skateboarding. Every kid has a skateboard but how many kids really have access to a sportbike? Just a thought...
Old 06-09-2004, 12:08 PM

oompa13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TempTagg
Stunt riding is not gonna blow up like skateboarding. Every kid has a skateboard but how many kids really have access to a sportbike? Just a thought...
good point. as long as the new kids find respect for the bikes. thats where many people f$#k up, no respect for bikes. i knew this guy, he was a senior in high school. he came up and asked me if he should get a gixxer 1000 or an r1, i said i really dont know what you should get, because ive never ridden a sportbike before. so i asked him if he had ever ridden somebodys sportbike before, he said no. then i asked him if he had ever ridden any type of motorcycle before, he said no, go figure.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:09 PM

mistaholiday is an unknown quantity at this point

you should have told him to buy either or and whenhes riding to hold the clutch in 1st gear rev the gas to 12000 rpms going like 50mph and to let go of the clutch real quick and video tapeit then send it to stuntlife so we can all watch
him thats something to tell a squid if yer a real dick just imagine doin it to someone
Old 06-10-2004, 09:08 AM

Shawn_PBZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Man i would hate to see that happen......
Old 06-12-2004, 02:32 PM

twinisin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cr6
Sorry but i have to disagree, this sport needs as much exposure as it can get, as long as it is good, it will do nothing but help the people that are in the sport.
That's right. And that is why we need to wheelie everywhere there is a semi-straight road available, to let people know that we are outhere and that this is not just a fad like scooters and L.A.Gear It will take thousands of citations across this nation before the cops will finaly start to say "Hey look Bill, there goes another guy...man, look at him go on that spreader. I wish my son could wheelie that long!"
Old 06-12-2004, 02:55 PM

bdr69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinisin
That's right. And that is why we need to wheelie everywhere there is a semi-straight road available, to let people know that we are outhere and that this is not just a fad like scooters and L.A.Gear It will take thousands of citations across this nation before the cops will finaly start to say "Hey look Bill, there goes another guy...man, look at him go on that spreader. I wish my son could wheelie that long!"
lol that is f--king
Old 06-12-2004, 09:02 PM

/Blacklight is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not a rider myself, but a big fan for about 4 months of watchin stunters in my town every friday night.. The last thing you all need is MTV exposure..

I really think its fine the way its growing (the community) Slowly, but with mostly good quality fans and members.. All MTV is going to do is do what it did with street racing.. I used to hang with a bunch of street racers a few years back before the True Life: Im a street racer bullshit came out.. That was real racing and people in it because it was something they enjoyed and loved.. Now we've all got godamn rice epidemic with rich kids knowing jack **** about their cars and doing it just for the attention..

Thats why I started getting into bikes.. I wouldnt mind having one myself to slowly learn how to ride and one day become half as good as you all, but no too many other people are willing to have respect for you all and take it slow..

Soon as that stuff comes out its going to be all the wannabe tough guys thinkin they need to be able to stunt like a pro and its going to be alot of messed up bikes and body parts..
Not to mention give you the absolute wrong exposure..

Right now the stunters in my area arent very public, you dont see them every where but on friday nights at krystal then down to the causeway where not alot of people are.. I dunno id call you guys the elite, id love to be a part of this but not part of another rice fest
Old 06-12-2004, 11:39 PM

N-Ish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by /Blacklight
Im not a rider myself, but a big fan for about 4 months of watchin stunters in my town every friday night.. The last thing you all need is MTV exposure..

I really think its fine the way its growing (the community) Slowly, but with mostly good quality fans and members.. All MTV is going to do is do what it did with street racing.. I used to hang with a bunch of street racers a few years back before the True Life: Im a street racer bullshit came out.. That was real racing and people in it because it was something they enjoyed and loved.. Now we've all got godamn rice epidemic with rich kids knowing jack **** about their cars and doing it just for the attention..

Thats why I started getting into bikes.. I wouldnt mind having one myself to slowly learn how to ride and one day become half as good as you all, but no too many other people are willing to have respect for you all and take it slow..

Soon as that stuff comes out its going to be all the wannabe tough guys thinkin they need to be able to stunt like a pro and its going to be alot of messed up bikes and body parts..
Not to mention give you the absolute wrong exposure..

Right now the stunters in my area arent very public, you dont see them every where but on friday nights at krystal then down to the causeway where not alot of people are.. I dunno id call you guys the elite, id love to be a part of this but not part of another rice fest
great first post bro.. welcome to SL
Old 06-13-2004, 11:26 AM

VMCgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it all depends on what type of fan base and how big of a fan base this sport would like. If you're looking for true, dedicated fans, then do as was said above - wheelie all over the ****ing place. Those who see it and think it is cool as **** will become fans. You'll get an awesome fan base, but it'll take LOTS of time. On the other hand, if you just want a huge fan base right away - mainstream is the way to go. Of course you'll get some dedicated fans, but you'll also get all the squids and little rich kids doing it because they've got the money to do it and they think they're cool. Granted it'll be a big fan base, but the true love (and respect) won't be there.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:21 PM

shepdawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StarboyShawn
. We as the stunting community, should help it grow, but i hate to see every summer these younger kids getting new R1's, CBR's and so on, watchin me ride then trying to duplicate my moves, and getting hurt. This is a very danderous sport, I've had my incidents. But i like to see the Stunt shows, like Psychofest, and Starboyz stuntfest's growing larger and more exciting, thats the safest way to get it in the main stream. my

i agree with you there totally man i hate seeing kids that go out and buy a bike that is way to fast for them and think they are born a stunter. there are plenty of F3's and what not out there to learn on but i guess they think they won;t be cool if they ride them....i started out on a crusty *** ex500. it tought me 2 things, how to crash and how to ride......we have a group of kids that ride with us from time to time all of them have been riding for less the a year and ahalf minus one or two but they all are riding r1's and gixxer 1000's then think they can stunt the thing when they're not even comfertable on 2 wheeles let alone one..... but like you said thats jsut my 2 cents.........

i am glad to kinda see it get out alil more like being showen on MTV and maybe ESPN some day jsut to show ppl what we are all about. but like anythign you are gonna have some one thats not expirenced enough to be pulling that stuff off going out and trying it....alone with the shows they should show how much work and practice also goes alone with the stunts...
Old 06-13-2004, 01:34 PM

12inmygsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm just worried about the cops seeing this show and expecting everyone with a bike to be going out to try a wheelie. They already pull me over every time i ride on the street just because i have a cage and a scratched up 12 bar. This mtv exposure better not make the cops any worse in my city( as if that is possible). I have a couple little spots that i go to to practice and i have never been kicked out. This show will air and suddenly everyone will want to stunt. People will start showing up at my place wreckin bikes and destroying the place, then i will get hassled whenever i go out there. I appreciate what the stone brothers do but i am a little worried about going to mtv this soon.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:07 PM

twinisin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 12inmygsxr
. I appreciate what the stone brothers do but i am a little worried about going to mtv this soon.
This soon...some of us been in the game for almost 10 years. Remember these guys... The kings of underground rising. No mainstream exposure and look at them now. Yes you do have a good point but the time is NOW , collect the glory, worry about consequences later. Those who hate us
Old 06-13-2004, 09:09 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinisin
This soon...some of us been in the game for almost 10 years. Remember these guys... The kings of underground rising. No mainstream exposure and look at them now. Yes you do have a good point but the time is NOW , collect the glory, worry about consequences later. Those who hate us
metallica kicks ***! :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 06-18-2004, 11:46 AM

3Fifty is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that the stone bros are the $hit, but I also think that this True Life is going to attract numerous things. First, your gonna have 200 million squids going out to buy 929's, gixxer 1k's and R1's, thinking that since they rode bmx for two years, they can stunt. Then lets not forget that the Abercrombie and Fitch wearing panzies will ride without helmets, so expect to see a lot of dumb asses cracking their heads open on the road. So then the cops get to say, "Everyone who stunts is bad", and now everyone is going to hate.

Not many people have the cash or the desire to buy a sportbike, trash it, and then keep fixing it. Even if you get an already f*cked up crunchy piece, it takes money to fix it when you drop it, so I dont think stuntin will blow up, just squids on bikes are going to get even more popular....
Old 06-18-2004, 12:16 PM
cr6

cr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GettinUWet310
I think that the stone bros are the $hit, but I also think that this True Life is going to attract numerous things. First, your gonna have 200 million squids going out to buy 929's, gixxer 1k's and R1's, thinking that since they rode bmx for two years, they can stunt. Then lets not forget that the Abercrombie and Fitch wearing panzies will ride without helmets, so expect to see a lot of dumb asses cracking their heads open on the road. So then the cops get to say, "Everyone who stunts is bad", and now everyone is going to hate.

Not many people have the cash or the desire to buy a sportbike, trash it, and then keep fixing it. Even if you get an already f*cked up crunchy piece, it takes money to fix it when you drop it, so I dont think stuntin will blow up, just squids on bikes are going to get even more popular....

This sh!at goes on regardless of what is on tv. Just come down to florida and take a drive on any roadway and you'll see plenty of em'....

Quick Reply: Stunt Riders & MTV don't mix?