Street Footage gets no Sponsors

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 05:04 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point
Street Footage gets no Sponsors

Ok, Let me try to understand where all you so called street fighters or street riders who are haters to He or She who do not post Video Clips or Includes clips of street stunting on such; You all claim that if there is no clips of one ripping the streets up one is garbage. As we all know here in the US everything has always been & Learned on the streets. From what I have studied some people have been taking it to parking lots & Isolated roads for the past couple years or a few more. For one It is not that easy to be able to rip combos on a paking lot, slow down turn around & do another combo or no handed or whatever else without setting your front wheel down. It is easy for some people but not everyone out there. Now doing a spreader down trhe freeway or any public road & then set your tire down almost any groupie or guppie or any Greg or Poser or as one may call it, They could do them, You all know them as high speed fly by's. As I remember that was one of the first things I did when I started stunting & I still could. Street fighter style I guess huh?? With a lot of traffic, even better so I could show off. Let me remind you, everyone learns a fast wheelie before having brake control & slowing them down, Correct??
With That said, Then having street footage is way easier than to have parking lot & Drag strips & abandoned street footage. Everyone could do that. Even Johnny down the street. So what is the "Big point" about "Remember the streets" or you aint **** or you are "gabage" if you dont ride streets.
I think, and from my city, everyone that could stunt small areas could easily rip the streets if needed or when needed; perhaps Friday night when traffic is up & Girls are watching or just plain simple for the feeling of just riding a Flamingo or tank wheelie for miles at a time with a Gazillion combinations or Combos (as some of you may call it) along the way.
Ok. One of my points is: What is the point of Advertising Breaking the law. Sure people like to watch stupidity. We all break the law, But what is the point of advertising it. I personally dont wnat to try to approach a Big Name Sponsor with footage of me breaking the law. And I do know, that I don't want to put something together for them, Have them approve of it and then they watch the rest of your Videos in the long run + your real videos with that so Called " Raw Street Footage" & Cancel you out. How far is this so called sport going to get with people advertising how Macho they are by means of breaking the law & having the capability of publicizing it on DVD's & Video Clips. If I was a Big Name Sponsor I would not want my name on it. No, not at all. As a bussines man I am, I know it would be some fun for some people but not the general public therefore, You would not see my name on any bike or video of which I could be held responsible for any wrong doing within the footage or their behavior with the goverment laws; Of which I may add, No state approves of Street Stunting. So how limited are Stunters going to keep this game. This Sport in order to go somewhere else, to another level, It needs to be kept to a Legal Sport and in Legal Areas. If some people are trying to do so, and The "Big Name Stunters" or "Role Models" to many Novices ou there, tell them different that they are garbage cause they dont tear up the streets or that street footage is better or so on, like we all have seen in here at Stuntlife, Like we see riders good enough to make DVD's, and advertised by some DVD producers on their expressions, then, let me ask you something! How Far is the actual Government going to allow the sport to go?
Imagine this one: "McDonalds Team" Ripping it down the streets at Main Street or down the freeway. Don't you not think that McDonalds *** would be in trouble from the government specially when Team McDonalds has it all over their DVD's, Street Footage that is.
You dont see a Proffesional Competitor whipping out DVD's of them in their Nascar Vehicles or AMA bikes with stickers of Sponsors all over them or Ricky Carmichael Ripping up the streets whipping his bike over 20 cars on 20th st. & Main st. getting chased by cops. Common Now, Where is all your guy's common Sence. They would loose their Sponsors. So you think that they would have given them the sponsorship if they knew that they were street warriors. As long as we are willing to keep it the way it is, Keep it up. To those who want the sport to grow Proffessionaly, Keep it Proffessional.
Maybe Perhaps If the goverment sees that this is a proffessional sport they might give us some parks Etc. to help bring in Sponsors & Money to the Industry. You **** off the government & they won't give you a thing. The Government is everything in Life. It does not matter if you like it or not. The USA is ran by Politics & The Government. There is no going around it. Keep it Illegal & Keep it UnderGround or Do it Legally & bring it to Surface & help make it a profitable sport that We all could benefit from.
Dont Forget We all learned on the streets. Everyone could do freeway & Public Road Wheelies before being able to lift it up into a no throtle hand coaster followed by a circle and out of it into a slow flamingo in a 200 sq ft area. But which one do you want the sport to be advertised as?
Street or Skill?? I think Street footage shows Immaturity on ones Behavior. Once again Every Greg could do those!! Think about it!!
Manny
Old 05-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Street Footage gets no Sponsors

thats ur .02...and it makes sense......

i learned opposite, i could scrape, do no handers, before i ever road a spreader down the highway......

nothing like riding the streets in my opinion, parking lot ****, slow **** etc, is great...but the streets give u a rush like no other in my opinion.

To some, what sponsors or this government thinks of this sport, it dont matter to them, they luv riding the streets, no one will change that. shouldnt even try...

and what u said about street or skill? thats so untrue...yes riding a standup, probably isnt so tough for most people out there...but..

doing combos down the highway, high balanced highchairs...dont see many peole who can ride out highchairs for long distance way up there, darius style and ****....

i seee what ur sayingin a way, but at same time, ur hating on streets, and for what?

even if this sport goes somewhere soon or down the line, there will still b the same amount of people tearing up the streets, for generations to come, it will never stop, its just the way it is...

**** i luv riding the streets, daytona was my first time riding this streets this year, like actually stunting on the highway...i luved it, such a great time, out rocking **** with a bunch of people riding all night, great feeling....
i would still do it, but i chose parking lot ****...got gearing on my bike, could def rock streets, just aint fun crusing at 40 or else bike wants to blow up lol

but shizzle, im looking into getting a nice bike to ride around the streets....

just my .02
Old 05-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

u guys go ahead come to arizona, high chairs at 11 o clock BP on freeways for 2-3 exits.. setting down at 100+
Old 05-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Group Moderator

Originally Posted by MasterShake
u guys go ahead come to arizona, high chairs at 11 o clock BP on freeways for 2-3 exits.. setting down at 100+
on 89 zx 6? thats gangsta !!! :YEAH

and man, how u balancing it out, and setting down at 100? ud most likely b in 2nd gear, and def wouldnt hit a hundred....
but if u r .....THATS PIMP!!!! :YEAH
Old 05-26-2004, 05:30 PM

No Hate for the streets at all here. Once again thats where, well most of everyone learned to pop a wheelie. And Yes its an Adrenaline Rush & Yes it feels good. But Why Advertise it on DVDs & Vid Clips. There are some things that one does & keep to them selfs. Its Ok for the feeling of it on Friday Nights or any Summer night or any day or Season, But why publicize it to the goverment & to Sponsors is my question. It all comes out because if you dont show Street Footage on Vid Clips Or DVD's your **** is Garbage. Can You see where Im coming from?? But thats like asking why is there Haters?? Thats one Useless question I guess...
Old 05-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Group Moderator

ill answer that very easily...streets sell

sorry but event he best "parking lot riders" slow riders" whateva ur saying, luv to see street ****...

how bout rolling a coaster up to a red light,and rocking circles at a 4 way intersection?
or would u rather seen that done, in a industrial parkway, with no one around?

again, like i said before, alot of teams out there, and people rocking streeet ****, dont care about the politics of this sport, sponsors whateva...

u seen "way of life" alot of street ****, and parking lot ****....

that vids got me watching it over and over again,and its a newer vid...

my point, you said why make a video that way? because it sells more !! bottomline..thast what people want to see

if sumone comes out with a new vid,a nd its all parking lot ****, ill prob watch it once, hopefully they r doing sometihng sick, so ill like that part, other than, it will b boring...

my .02
Old 05-26-2004, 05:48 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
if you go out and ride a normal wheelie on the street dont make you street. It's all about how you hit them.
that may have been the most retarded thing i've read in a while.

my 60 year old dad hits the streets on a 2003 fat boy and yes, that makes him street. i guess he knows "how to hit them." he must be "gangsta."
Old 05-26-2004, 05:53 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
yer just scared to hit the streets the right way, come down on the 4th of july big man and Ill show your *** street, Im tired of people talking ****

ULL SEE THEN ULL SHUT UP
im not talking ****. im stating that what you said was retarded and on a 8th grade brain wave. you topped it with your above quoted post though. good job, Cletus.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Likes to poop

Mr. Negative is an unknown quantity at this point

Ronald mcdonald called me today and said my highway wheelie are garbage.

For real there are'nt any big name sponsors jumping on this **** anytime soon that I can see. And I'm so sick of seeing these posts about" take it off the street if you want this sport to go somewhere" What f*cking sport? This aint no sport, its a damn hobby and one that I enjoy. And like any other "sport" it just don't go legit overnight like all you winers seem to think its going too. Maybe you stop trying to make a business out of it and have fun, strret ,parking lot, who cares its still stunt riding.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:00 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

we're talking big name sponsors here playa..........

who cares about free ****, we're talking income here...........

Ok heres the deal. No one is hating on the streets. But in order to get big name sponsors to back us and help the sport grow its gonna take a little bit of professionalism. Dont get me wrong cause we will have street footage in our DVD cause thats what sells, but eventually its gonna have to clean up a bit. When it comes to street riding best believe we will bring it and bring it hard. The reason for parking lot riding is to focus on new **** and to advance your skill. Your telling me your gonna jump to a highchair for the first time on the street? Give me a break. New tricks like that require so much focus that they gotta be done in a parking lot. Thats why there are places like LAKELAND. So we can learn new tricks and advance the sport. You can only practice and learn so much on the streets. If you learn tricks and get them down consistently in a parking lot then you can rock that **** on any city street you want. So they go together hand in hand. Can hate on one without hating on the other. Streets are all about style. If you have style then you wont have a problem on the streets.

EDUB
Old 05-26-2004, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by CBO
Hey Manny Im not attacking you bro, Im just stating my opinion like you did bro.

No No Dont even worry bro as you would say Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I did not take it in any way my man. I love rocking the streets too. but I just did not get why besides selling DVDs & I still dont. That is just a bit of $$$ compared to the $$$ that could be made from Big Sponsors that do not sponsor that kind of stuff. Thats all. Just wondering on how much people are willing to settle with, besides the small town sponsors that want to sell a cage & give you free ones or just discounts on clothing.

By the way I never had you in mind when I said or thought of all this.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Group Moderator

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
we're talking big name sponsors here playa..........

who cares about free ****, we're talking income here...........

Ok heres the deal. No one is hating on the streets. But in order to get big name sponsors to back us and help the sport grow its gonna take a little bit of professionalism. Dont get me wrong cause we will have street footage in our DVD cause thats what sells, but eventually its gonna have to clean up a bit. When it comes to street riding best believe we will bring it and bring it hard. The reason for parking lot riding is to focus on new **** and to advance your skill. Your telling me your gonna jump to a highchair for the first time on the street? Give me a break. New tricks like that require so much focus that they gotta be done in a parking lot. Thats why there are places like LAKELAND. So we can learn new tricks and advance the sport. You can only practice and learn so much on the streets. If you learn tricks and get them down consistently in a parking lot then you can rock that **** on any city street you want. So they go together hand in hand. Can hate on one without hating on the other. Streets are all about style. If you have style then you wont have a problem on the streets.

EDUB
that basically contradicts ur teamates statement....
sure u both mean the same, ur post makes much more sense, and alot more logical
Old 05-26-2004, 06:22 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
Haha Manny you must not hit the streets the correct way cause not every Jonny or Greg can just go out and crush like that. Hitting 1st gear high chairs on bumpy *** roads in rush hour traffic is street. Street is the vibe you put out, if you go out and ride a normal wheelie on the street dont make you street. It's all about how you hit them. If you say u can do all of that stuff in a parking lot then a real street rider can do it on the street.

Streets is where its at, nobody wants to watch a video for 50 minutes in a parking lot and streets with no traffic is not street in my opinion.

Just my
Yo CBO....is there a such thing as COPS in Iowa? From the looks of it there are'nt!!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:23 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by AdrenalneJnky
that basically contradicts ur teamates statement....
sure u both mean the same, ur post makes much more sense, and alot more logical

yeah manny has a hard time explaining things but he means well...........

He just really has high expectations and is really professional. I'm begining to wonder if he is a european
Old 05-26-2004, 06:36 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya We Tearin The Streets Up Here And Still Getting Plenty Of Coverage And Sponsers
Old 05-26-2004, 07:06 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Negative
Ronald mcdonald called me today and said my highway wheelie are garbage.

For real there are'nt any big name sponsors jumping on this **** anytime soon that I can see. And I'm so sick of seeing these posts about" take it off the street if you want this sport to go somewhere" What f*cking sport? This aint no sport, its a damn hobby and one that I enjoy. And like any other "sport" it just don't go legit overnight like all you winers seem to think its going too. Maybe you stop trying to make a business out of it and have fun, strret ,parking lot, who cares its still stunt riding.
agreed. but i also see manny's (among others) point.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:39 PM

Proscribed$tyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Manny makes good points! No problems there...

But I honestly dont think you can beat a good street ride with the crew. Now all my friends back in Joliet got bikes and im out here and we cant ride together....it sucks you get skills so much quicker riding with other people.(IMO)

Come out to AZ late night freeway rides are ****ing amazing I know people that have practically made it all the way around the whole valley in a f*cking wheelie using the freeways. They are all nice new and smooth, with very little traffic at late night and little interference from the pigs. Plus it is always bright.
AZ is the perfect place to ride you can cover all the elements of riding in one day. And when the weather is nice (3/4 of the year) its like budda himself is keeping it cool just to watch you ride!!

Gotta hit the streets, just gotta
Old 05-26-2004, 08:08 PM

revlimiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manny
. But Why Advertise it on DVDs & Vid Clips. ...

I think that is a simple answer I won't buy a DVD of just parking lot **** it is boring and gets old fast. The last thing i want to watch is 1 hour of 3 guys going up 200 feet and back 200 ft.

Think where this sport came from..........THE STREET like you keep saying. The "MAN" might not like street stunting but the people I know who buy DVD's and support their local stunters like to think that they can get out there and ride with these guys and support them the right way.

Not hating on the parking lots and i give mad props for the skill it takes to do circles but its not what i Think of when I hear look at that do doing stunts.
If you really want to get old school Stunting can from People like Evil Kineval who got thousands of people pumped by doing a fast wheelie past the crouds before he jumped and crazy distance crashed and ****ed his **** up for months. I think thats a stunter!!! Keep it real and stunt where ever you want, don't hate!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:59 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by Spark~R.O.C.
Yo CBO....is there a such thing as COPS in Iowa? From the looks of it there are'nt!!
LOL - after seeing all the pics CBO posts up, you'd think there aren't.

I pull ONE wheelie on the streets here, and I get the ball-bust.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:05 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

That's why my team doesn't promote street riding anymore, cause we feel the same way. No REAL sponsors (except a few) will be associated with illegal behavior. I'd buy a video of something on strips and parking lots, if you put them together. We get a lot of good response from our short video clips and there is NO Street footage. It's all in how it's put together and what you got.

nice smooth high chairs on the street is no greater than on the track. It's only a greater rush because of the danger. In fact it takes a lot more to stay off the street sometimes and resist the "fun" where we all began which usually led to arrest and death.

Quick Reply: Street Footage gets no Sponsors